Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

This Is Just Stupid

Here's a pic of raikkonen testing the new halo design. Now two things jump straight to mind that make this whole entire project a flop. This wouldn't have helped in Senna's or Massa's situation as both injuries accrued on the eyebrow area. So what's the point of this then? If it can't stop anything 100% then why change what they have now? Even bianchis crash, the force he hit that truck, that halo would've decapitated him.

Here it is.

xqm69v.jpg

Emmcee, if it will make you feel better, you aren't alone in that sentiment, and I am referring to people on the inside.

It is as I've mentioned before, what would've this done in Senna's and Massa's accidents? Jack crap and probably would've put bianchi out straight away.

I won't stop sh17 only thing it will have a chance of stopping is impact from above, then we have the chance of things getting lodged in it. I can see the modified version loosing the horizontal bar due to visability and we'll just have a bar there that would look hidious and serve no purpose at all, they should be using this energy and funds to bring the sport back to life, not further alienate people from the sport because there all going "what the fvck is that". Lol they chose the wrong driver to try it out, like kimi's going to give a Sh#t, he just wants to drive and he'll drive anything lol.

It is as I've mentioned before, what would've this done in Senna's and Massa's accidents? Jack crap and probably would've put bianchi out straight away.

+100

F1 is totally Downhill

Here's a pic of raikkonen testing the new halo design. Now two things jump straight to mind that make this whole entire project a flop. This wouldn't have helped in Senna's or Massa's situation as both injuries accrued on the eyebrow area. So what's the point of this then? If it can't stop anything 100% then why change what they have now? Even bianchis crash, the force he hit that truck, that halo would've decapitated him.

Here it is.

xqm69v.jpg

starting to looki like a sedan with a roll cage !

Might as well put a whole roof on then like a tin top touring car, there trying to do the impossible and that's eliminate 100% of the risk. Sure it can be done but the racing and sport suffers, kind of what's happening now. Its authenticity and historical presence in the world of motor racing for what it is seems to have no affect when these ideas come into play.

Might as well put a whole roof on then like a tin top touring car, there trying to do the impossible and that's eliminate 100% of the risk. Sure it can be done but the racing and sport suffers, kind of what's happening now. Its authenticity and historical presence in the world of motor racing for what it is seems to have no affect when these ideas come into play.

Might as well stop F1 altogether so nobody dies except Bernie

I still reckon the full perspex top covering in the top of the car BUT not allow the b#####ds to put wings etc. on it for aerodynamics and then have an ejector seat ala aircraft in the case of an accident..

Thats gotta work. If the driver feels he is about to have an accident then in that milli second he can pull the handle that will blow off the roof and eject him from the car, ripping off his legs in the process..

For christ sake this IS SUPPOSED to be motor racing which is and has always been dangerous, like if you don't like the possible outcome when you make a mistake then don't become a racing driver !!!!!!

UTTER bulls##t......

Even look at the circuits now, there's no punishment for running wide or making a mistake and going of into the gravel trap like the good old days, today they simply just keep there foot in it and drive back onto the racing line and if your Maldonado, take someone out in the process lol.

Ferrari did not wanted to run it today, but Seb asked for trial run, so he got it. Funny story - I am not sure who is an author, but it was said, who need to see the road while travelling at 300 km/hr, when you have this saftey device to protect you. (Good one!)

I still reckon the full perspex top covering in the top of the car BUT not allow the b#####ds to put wings etc. on it for aerodynamics and then have an ejector seat ala aircraft in the case of an accident..

Thats gotta work. If the driver feels he is about to have an accident then in that milli second he can pull the handle that will blow off the roof and eject him from the car, ripping off his legs in the process..

For christ sake this IS SUPPOSED to be motor racing which is and has always been dangerous, like if you don't like the possible outcome when you make a mistake then don't become a racing driver !!!!!!

UTTER bulls##t......

Exactly ! Motor racing is dangerous and that's why they are paid handsomely. Otherwise be a Janitor if they don't want to take risks !!

A janitor, I don't know man, some of the stuff they would come across would be even more unsafe than f1, especially a toilet issue. No other sport in this scale gets overhauled like this, it's like English premier league going "ok after the sixth game of the season a new rule comes in where you can pick the ball up and run, it's just a trial then we'll think of something else". It's that extreme it's like allowing double dribble or travelling in basketball, allowing you to replace your ball on the green once a hole.

A janitor, I don't know man, some of the stuff they would come across would be even more unsafe than f1, especially a toilet issue. No other sport in this scale gets overhauled like this, it's like English premier league going "ok after the sixth game of the season a new rule comes in where you can pick the ball up and run, it's just a trial then we'll think of something else". It's that extreme it's like allowing double dribble or travelling in basketball, allowing you to replace your ball on the green once a hole.

Exactly. F1 drivers are protected and aided like Wusses !

Front on they look like a giant pair of spectacles - Formula Mr Magoo but why stop there! The cars already sound like Sh#t, about to look like Sh#t, both Alonso & Button have been outspoken about how the cars are heavier and slower than 10 years ago & less of a challenge to drive and should be loud and substantially faster than the formula below. What else can the current panel of intellectual giants that are the FIA strategy group come up with next to further murder F1?

Honestly I reckon some of these idiots that come up with some of the Sh#t that's happened and now being proposed barely have enough brains to breathe! I happen to agree with Hamilton in that the current drivers should represent some input into technical changes to the formula - after all they're the ones currently driving and racing in the sport. Call me old fashioned if you will but are the politicians and engineers out there on the track putting there balls and neck on the line!

Sebastian Vettel had a lap with it, and surprisingly he has suggested to forget aesthetics, because that thing will (help) save lives, which is most important. Obviously he saw something which definitely escaped my assessment.

Front on they look like a giant pair of spectacles - Formula Mr Magoo but why stop there! The cars already sound like Sh#t, about to look like Sh#t, both Alonso & Button have been outspoken about how the cars are heavier and slower than 10 years ago & less of a challenge to drive and should be loud and substantially faster than the formula below. What else can the current panel of intellectual giants that are the FIA strategy group come up with next to further murder F1?

Honestly I reckon some of these idiots that come up with some of the Sh#t that's happened and now being proposed barely have enough brains to breathe! I happen to agree with Hamilton in that the current drivers should represent some input into technical changes to the formula - after all they're the ones currently driving and racing in the sport. Call me old fashioned if you will but are the politicians and engineers out there on the track putting there balls and neck on the line!

G'day mate, how's things? Good post agree 100%

Sebastian Vettel had a lap with it, and surprisingly he has suggested to forget aesthetics, because that thing will (help) save lives, which is most important. Obviously he saw something which definitely escaped my assessment.

Yeah until the first driver is decapitaded by the thing, it has to go somewhere in an impact and with momentum, it would go straight back for the drivers head.

If it saves lives then it's a good idea. I still can't see how putting something like that on a car with a bar right down the front is anything but a restriction of the drivers view. That can't be good, surely.

I know the drivers are arguing about whether to use it or not and want to have a choice about it, then again they didn't like the new qualifying and that has been imposed on them so the chances are this will be too. It is just a prototype so far, there's a chance they can make it much uglier yet ;)

It's a joke, all these things they always implement come as a sacrifice from a driver. They get all into "safety mode" once ayrton died and some with bianchi, what ever happened to prevention? They act quickly after a tragic incident so they don't get struck with anymore law suits later down the track, if it wasn't about money, wouldn't they look into these things way before a driver sustains such an injury and kick starts the idea. You see my point?

It's a joke, all these things they always implement come as a sacrifice from a driver. They get all into "safety mode" once ayrton died and some with bianchi, what ever happened to prevention? They act quickly after a tragic incident so they don't get struck with anymore law suits later down the track, if it wasn't about money, wouldn't they look into these things way before a driver sustains such an injury and kick starts the idea. You see my point?

True. I cannot avoid thinking, that result in Bianchi incident was avoidable, just as race control with track officials bear some responsibility for it, and "Hallo" or not would not helped.

Regardless at what speed Bianchi drove, it stands to a reason, that if one driver goes off due to ambient track conditions, all drivers are faced with similar predicament, thus it's beyond me, how that tractor could have been released and entering racing domain so soon, just as why race was not properly slowed down immediately. I do not want to rehash all here again, but FiA has large issues on hands to solve, than wasting time with what appears as gimmicks. Massa incident requires probably better helmet material, and little more thinking to ensure that springs stay put to begging with.

It's all about money and court penalties and such because when things like senna and bianchi get to court it's always a case of "you could've done more" and then they rush into ridiculous safety measures to ensure they don't have to pay another grieving family in court. That's all it is. It's like formula one always has to explain itself in situations like this, when in reality,everyone including people who don't watch the sport, know it's dangerous and people can get killed. You simply can't make this sport 100% safe without doing more damage to the sports authenticity. You have to remove something else that's extremely drastic in order to add something of this magnitude. The only way I can see head safety improved is to raise the side of the c0ckpit even higher, maybe to the point you can just see a helmet and make larger mirrors for drivers to see better.

Here's a quick mock drawing of what I mean (excuse the lack of drawing ability)

119uly0.jpg

Obviously it will be harder for drivers to see beside them so allow bigger size mirrors would look better than that handrail on the cars. The air hole above the drivers head also would have to be modified like so or similar to comply with height regulations.

I wish Massa will voice out that it will not do Sh#t to protect them from having induced coma !