Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Should Lewis Hamilton Start To Worry ?

Yep, I feel he may never get another shot like this, kinda like webber with 2010, he never had a better chance than then.

True. As well as Massa in 2008.

True. As well as Massa in 2008.

Yep, because I have a funny feeling Mercedes may not even sign rosberg for more than one season if they extend it at all, even if he becomes champion IMO.

Yep, because I have a funny feeling Mercedes may not even sign rosberg for more than one season if they extend it at all, even if he becomes champion IMO.

There are many youngsters out there that will accept half package/salary and would kill themselves to win. With a car like Merc or Ferrari, you can put pretty much anyone there and tell them what to do and how to drive and win podiums.

Mercedes might face a dilemma in terms of future beyond current Hamilton's contract. The possibility exists, that Hamilton may choose to leave F1 to pursue other interest, thus, Rosberg's seat need to be filled by someone who will preserve continuity for near-term future should LH leaves. I think it's too soon to tell that Hamilton lost driving focus. He had some bad luck in three races, but the season is long. Nothing much is lost, despite those aspirants for top spot need to get Rosberg off his pedestal, otherwise, before too long, he will be gone with his WDC. Rosberg is facing two challenges - psychologically himself not falling apart under the stress, and then his peers. I am of course assuming that management will let them race, and will not commit some travesty.

Mercedes might face a dilemma in terms of future beyond current Hamilton's contract. The possibility exists, that Hamilton may choose to leave F1 to pursue other interest, thus, Rosberg's seat need to be filled by someone who will preserve continuity for near-term future should LH leaves. I think it's too soon to tell that Hamilton lost driving focus. He had some bad luck in three races, but the season is long. Nothing much is lost, despite those aspirants for top spot need to get Rosberg off his pedestal, otherwise, before too long, he will be gone with his WDC. Rosberg is facing two challenges - psychologically himself not falling apart under the stress, and then his peers. I am of course assuming that management will let them race, and will not commit some travesty.

Agree

my impression has long been that Mercedes has made their choice and their choice is Hamilton, I have said before (and I rest my case) that in 2014 the WDC was decided by Mercedes and not by the drivers on the racing track, my impression is that they believe that Hamilton has the "right" image for them, I'm sure that in Moeringen they like the gansta-look and all the rest, Hamilton is opening new doors for Mercedes, Rosberg represents Mercedes' past in terms of image: German, upper-middle class, blond, polite, articulate, privately educated, in pure marketing terms Rosberg is a disaster. I'm not holding my breath regarding Rosberg's chance of winning the WDC this year, the big question is who will be at Mercedes next year (or, in the worse case scenario, in 2018) alongside Hamitlon, I'm not sure that Wehrlein fits their bill in terms of image (although he seems to be quite an impressive driver).

Very good post and agree 100% as for wehrlein, haven't you noticed he has already chopped the hair and already looks like a baby Hamilton, so I think your into something mate.

my impression has long been that Mercedes has made their choice and their choice is Hamilton, I have said before (and I rest my case) that in 2014 the WDC was decided by Mercedes and not by the drivers on the racing track, my impression is that they believe that Hamilton has the "right" image for them, I'm sure that in Moeringen they like the gansta-look and all the rest, Hamilton is opening new doors for Mercedes, Rosberg represents Mercedes' past in terms of image: German, upper-middle class, blond, polite, articulate, privately educated, in pure marketing terms Rosberg is a disaster. I'm not holding my breath regarding Rosberg's chance of winning the WDC this year, the big question is who will be at Mercedes next year (or, in the worse case scenario, in 2018) alongside Hamitlon, I'm not sure that Wehrlein fits their bill in terms of image (although he seems to be quite an impressive driver).

Publius, I agree in part. I think the title was decided by the team and if it's true it's disgusting and makes a mockery of the sport in so many ways.

The really cynical side of me thinks maybe they have the idea that letting Rosberg get a good lead before 'releasing the dogs' so to speak so that we don't all get fed up of Hamilton winning again and again will be a good thing. If they hold him back and then let him catch up we'll all love the chase.

If that actually happens I might just have to give up on F1.

...If that actually happens I might just have to give up on F1.

Coincidentally I am finding myself quite often thinking that I will do the same.

Publius, I agree in part. I think the title was decided by the team and if it's true it's disgusting and makes a mockery of the sport in so many ways.

The really cynical side of me thinks maybe they have the idea that letting Rosberg get a good lead before 'releasing the dogs' so to speak so that we don't all get fed up of Hamilton winning again and again will be a good thing. If they hold him back and then let him catch up we'll all love the chase.

If that actually happens I might just have to give up on F1.

I have to disagree unfortunately with your cynical side Lyria. The fact that Rosberg has won 6 races in a row, 3 this year is more circumstancial than anything else, it's a variety of factors. Hamilton has had his fair share of "bad luck" the last three races, plus his starts has'nt helped. But it's evident to see he's still the faster of the two. Yes, he might unleash a staggering comeback, which I believe will happen, but it will be based on merit not on the team deciding to "help" Rosberg build a lead. It's too risky in the game of F1

There's no conspiracy theories here, Lewis has just been better than Rosberg the last 2 years, thats why he won the titles. The faith Merc has given him has been rewarded, based on merit

And to add to that, it really put Hamilton's achievements in perspective. As I've mentioned before, Rosberg is no slouch, he's bloody fast and consistent. He's in my top 5 at the moment. Their records are remarkable, an anomoly in the history of the sport, albeit in a dominant car. No other team comes close

Biggest thing I've learnt about conspiracies brad, if you think there not, 99% of the time they are, people are mules, dangle a carrot and they'll go as far as they can to grab it. That's the power of mind control sheeple. The first and main rule about a conspiracy, conspire against the ones that know of its existence and make them out to be crazy nut jobs and let society finish your work for you.

Biggest thing I've learnt about conspiracies brad, if you think there not, 99% of the time they are, people are mules, dangle a carrot and they'll go as far as they can to grab it. That's the power of mind control sheeple. The first and main rule about a conspiracy, conspire against the ones that know of its existence and make them out to be crazy nut jobs and let society finish your work for you.

You think the earth is flat mate? Some crazy stuff out there

Conspiracy or not, there was Hungary, Spa, Monaco, and I am sure if someone is interested, he, or she, can find more similar cases, in which Brackley Works dubiously sided with Briton Hamilton to the detriment of Rosberg. I am sure we all can recall Ross Brawn instructing Rosberg to stay behind Hamilton, and from that day on, writing was on the wall for Nico. I do not want to put words into his mouth, but I think based on those incidents Publius is doubting that Rosberg will be allowed to win. (We have conducted similar discussion before somewhere else).

You think the earth is flat mate? Some crazy stuff out there

No certainly not but I don't for one second believe anything anyone says to me without analysing it first. Especially if it's someone from the government or health system or legal system as the world isn't as it seems and almost everyone has no idea as there happy living there 9-5 and doing as there told. You look past that and start doing your own research and you'll find, everything you were ever taught was a complete lie. There's corporate, government and political powers in place just to make sure people do as there told, keep them living in fear, without that fear, the powers that be have no control at all. Fear is the best way to control anyone.

No certainly not but I don't for one second believe anything anyone says to me without analysing it first. Especially if it's someone from the government or health system or legal system as the world isn't as it seems and almost everyone has no idea as there happy living there 9-5 and doing as there told. You look past that and start doing your own research and you'll find, everything you were ever taught was a complete lie. There's corporate, government and political powers in place just to make sure people do as there told, keep them living in fear, without that fear, the powers that be have no control at all. Fear is the best way to control anyone.

Good

funny how this is the only thing you took out of that post, though I didn't expect anymore, it hasn't been proven to me yet. Anyway back to what I was saying, if you had all the power and money in the world and there was no repercussions for any action you did no matter how bad, what would you do? Bare in mind these people who have power got it because there greedy so look at it with that in mind and tell me what you think.

funny how this is the only thing you took out of that post, though I didn't expect anymore, it hasn't been proven to me yet. Anyway back to what I was saying, if you had all the power and money in the world and there was no repercussions for any action you did no matter how bad, what would you do? Bare in mind these people who have power got it because there greedy so look at it with that in mind and tell me what you think.

OK, I bite. With powers you describe I would fix Ferrari cars, so guys can drive it without fear that something will break. (OK, I know I am asking for too much, but one can dream, right)?

I just think people can throw things out of context and be all dramatic about, especially the media. They have their own agendas and need to make headline news. I think the case at Merc is quite clear-cut, there's nothing to hide from their performances because all one need to look at the facts, what has transpired these last few arces etc, as you have suggested. Really funny and strange how we both can dissect and come up with different end results. Personally, money and power means nothing to me really, we all die and can't take the stuff with us. Not that I don't aspire to an easier life, it's just..what is the point

OK, I bite. With powers you describe I would fix Ferrari cars, so guys can drive it without fear that something will break. (OK, I know I am asking for too much, but one can dream, right)?

Yes you're asking for too much, where's the excitement in thattongue.png

All periods of dominance are preceded by abit of chaos, hope this was neccessary for the Sebastian show nr2

I just think people can throw things out of context and be all dramatic about, especially the media. They have their own agendas and need to make headline news. I think the case at Merc is quite clear-cut, there's nothing to hide from their performances because all one need to look at the facts, what has transpired these last few arces etc, as you have suggested. Really funny and strange how we both can dissect and come up with different end results. Personally, money and power means nothing to me really, we all die and can't take the stuff with us. Not that I don't aspire to an easier life, it's just..what is the point

Hmm that makes sense and I feel quite the same and your right, money doesn't do crap, I finally got my compensation payout for my work injury and it's quite significant but in all honesty, it has changed jack crap. Sure I can cover my bills easier when they come in but in terms of giving me some enjoyment back in my life, nope, zilch, nadda. Because for so long I've done it tough, having to sell of most prized possessions just to get cash for the family and it doesn't feel that impulse buying a large item I may have always wanted is needed now to fill that void of just wanting something if that makes any sense to you?

Conspiracy or not, there was Hungary, Spa, Monaco, and I am sure if someone is interested, he, or she, can find more similar cases, in which Brackley Works dubiously sided with Briton Hamilton to the detriment of Rosberg. I am sure we all can recall Ross Brawn instructing Rosberg to stay behind Hamilton, and from that day on, writing was on the wall for Nico. I do not want to put words into his mouth, but I think based on those incidents Publius is doubting that Rosberg will be allowed to win. (We have conducted similar discussion before somewhere else).

I did'nt see this post... Do you remember what happened that caused the Brackley Works to "dubiously side" with the briton Hamilton. Incidents that questioned Rosberg's wheel to wheel combat skills againts the absolute supremacy of Hamilton's. He, along with Kimi and Vettel, are in my mind about the greatest combat racers on the grid. Ric shows glimpses of it, he will get there eventually. With Hamilton it seems innate

Hmm that makes sense and I feel quite the same and your right, money doesn't do crap, I finally got my compensation payout for my work injury and it's quite significant but in all honesty, it has changed jack crap. Sure I can cover my bills easier when they come in but in terms of giving me some enjoyment back in my life, nope, zilch, nadda. Because for so long I've done it tough, having to sell of most prized possessions just to get cash for the family and it doesn't feel that impulse buying a large item I may have always wanted is needed now to fill that void of just wanting something if that makes any sense to you?

I'm happy it worked out for you in that sense, I recall you told us about that situation

I'm happy it worked out for you in that sense, I recall you told us about that situation

I wish I could just do things I always use to do, play basketball, go karting, take kids to the park but I can't do none of that anymore and they think money will fix what I will never be able to replace. My kids miss out, not me, there suffering and not being able to do normal kids stuff because there limited to what there father can do for them. My missus is flat out trying to help me and the kids, it's ruined everything mate, you take for granted average things till you can't have them anymore.