Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Who Will Leave, Who Will Stay

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-13.gif

and you posted this because....

1. the idea that the cars seems miles apart is ludicrous. Which it actually is. But it was insinuated when Vettel was trashing Webber as his teammate right. That was the general anti-Vettel perception. The cars were'nt really the same, Vettel had ALL the upgrades which affected his stunning performances, Webber had to do with the scraps

2. The idea that Ric can be beaten AGAIN is so far off the mark, it's not actually possible. Kvyat does'nt stand a fat chance in hell. He did'nt actually beat Ric last year, the points just magically "favoured" Kvyat.

3. It is so definate cause Dan the man has a "watertight contract". Has to be Kvyat. So even if Kvyat beat him again this year, it will be brushed aside cause Dan the man has a contract and is better than Kvyat, no matter what the scores reflect

1. the idea that the cars seems miles apart is ludicrous. Which it actually is. But it was insinuated when Vettel was trashing Webber as his teammate right. That was the general anti-Vettel perception. The cars were'nt really the same, Vettel had ALL the upgrades which affected his stunning performances, Webber had to do with the scraps

2. The idea that Ric can be beaten AGAIN is so far off the mark, it's not actually possible. Kvyat does'nt stand a fat chance in hell. He did'nt actually beat Ric last year, the points just magically "favoured" Kvyat.

3. It is so definate cause Dan the man has a "watertight contract". Has to be Kvyat. So even if Kvyat beat him again this year, it will be brushed aside cause Dan the man has a contract and is better than Kvyat, no matter what the scores reflect

Jesus, you should be a lawyer ;)

But there's reasons why kvyat is behind, haven't you been watching?

But there's reasons why kvyat is behind, haven't you been watching?

Kvyat is fast Webric, and in a sense I fear what another win will do to Ric this year. Sure Kvyat had a bad start (man, those qualifyings were horrible of his), but he will only improve

If you can't remember bro, I've always said kvyat is fast, but faster than dan over a full season? I am not sure

It will be an interesting battle between the two of them. Kvyat always look like the second driver of the team, if he proves he's not, who knows?

Kimi to stay. Button to leave, hopefully to Williams. Bottas to go to Renault or Haas. RBR not sure. Can't honestly see much difference between Max and Kvyat. But this is STR and RBR. They are ruthless when it comes to keeping on drivers. Not so bad at RBR itself, but we don't know what's going to happen. Nico to renew. Hamilton to not renew just yet.

I rekon if kimi doesn't stay at Ferrari he would go to haas but IMO he will stay

Bottas to Renault, agree there monkey could be a possibility along with button to Williams and vandoorne steps up at mclaren. Verstappen to partner Ricciardo and kvyat back to toro Rosso. Will sauber or force India still be here or be under new names?

STR NEVER take back drivers, so if they move on from STR, they never come back. Kvyat might be a first though.

Once again you beat me to it KoolMonkey. Once you move from STR to RBR there doesn't seem to be a way back. So if either driver isn't kept for 2017 I am assuming the only place we'll see them is in another team.

Will DR permit hiring MV? He might object to that, you know... (duck, heading for the door).

Who does toro Rosso have in there lineup to replace Verstappen? That's what makes me think kvyat will partner Sainz jr. As for Ricciardo, the only he has to watch out for is max will try take over very early.

I still see Sainz as the better option to partner Ricci. He's alot more mature and doesn't cause a fuss. Just because Marko is saying Max will end up there, doesn't mean it will just yet. Horner and Newey have a say too.

I beleive Sainz would be a better fit also and I beleive would get along well with dan but IMO it's the same case as at Ferrari, why change anything? Kvyat and Ricciardo are a good team, seems Redbull is never happy with drivers unless a 1-2 is happening in every race. Seems it doesn't matter if you get results, if they want you gone your gone, Liuzzi is a prime example of that. I've never seen a team toss out so many drivers, team as in the whole Redbull organisation with toro Rosso and there junior development.

Kimi will stay as long as someone wants him to. Same with Button. Alonso will try not to leave until he can prove he is 'still a world champion' bla bla bla, but it will most likely never happen again. But I doubt he will stay if he has no option than a bad team. Tbh, Herbert is right. He just pointed out the truth these guys do not want to hear, and that most people are too polite to say out loud (at least in an environment where it'd get to their ears).

Herbert is wrong and totally out of line, to make a comment like that, at least have something on your resume to back you up. He obviously can spot when someone has had there time and been around to long because he was the main protagonist in this field. Alonso will be around a while yet as I hear Renault are already trying to lure him back.

He's not out of line WebRic, he's a F1 commentator. He's paid to comment. Just like DC, just like our favourite nutter Eddie Jordan. He has every right to voice his oppinion. He didn't denigrate Alonso, in fact it only was an issue because Alonso happened to be right there, and if anything despite what Herbert said, it was Alonso who was unprofessional and out of line.

Alonso is going to do whatever the Emporer wants. Thus whatever Herbert says is irrelevant. What happened after is more telling.

Alonso going back to Renault isn't going to bear any fruit. It will just prolong the notion the Emporer still has clothes.

You make a good point IMO both sides could have gone a better way about it but it's cools.

As a McLaren driver in this period of their development, I think an aspiration to earn WDC is more of a desire than a realistic goal, especially if the convergence of power plants changes will fall off the table (as Wolff is advocating).

With RBR, I think we will see Kvyat being pushed out, regardless if he ends up again ahead of DR, or behind him. I used to defend that team, but no more; enough is enough.

As a McLaren driver in this period of their development, I think an aspiration to earn WDC is more of a desire than a realistic goal, especially if the convergence of power plants changes will fall off the table (as Wolff is advocating).

With RBR, I think we will see Kvyat being pushed out, regardless if he ends up again ahead of DR, or behind him. I used to defend that team, but no more; enough is enough.

I agree 100% but Mclaren are improving but it seems not fast enough to make an impact before others improve again. As for Redbull, I was the same, I used to like them, now as long as what they do doesn't affect Ricciardo in a negative way, I couldn't care. There attitude since becoming wild champions is pretty bad, remember them demanding engines from Mercedes and Ferrari?

Don't go back there WebRic on RBR and the engine saga. RBR were screwed over royally by both teams but due to the hate towards them, Merc and Ferrari came out smelling like roses. RBR litterly cannot scratch their own balls now with being criticised and I'm sick of it. They don't deserve this. It wasn't so long ago the entire F1 paddock as against them and they still won 4x WDC in a row. That's class.

What they do with their drivers is another matter. But having said that, that's their system. It's rough as heck and when you see all the drivers who have come and gone, well you have to figure they know what they're doing. A driver can't ride the coat tails and take their sponsorship money forever. If they don't perform, or if RBR don't see a future in that driver, that's life. It's brutal but it's fair in some regards. And again it's only RBR that takes the flak. McLaren havn't exactly excelled in their driver program or keeping on drivers either.

I'm wondering when Boullier gets the flick actually. He did ok at Lotus, but I think that was more due to Allisons great chassis. Once Allison left, the car went backwards. He's not as bad as a Sam Michaels but he's average and not McLaren calliber in my mind.

This might be outside of OP, speaking of E. Boullier, he is definitely an intelligent and well-educated man, there is no doubt about that. What I do find however interesting is, that in the vast majority of photographic takes of him and R. Dennis together, later, from my recollection, NEVER smiles at him, or even face him eye-to-eye as a sign of good relationship. Pitifull body language. EB is facing Dennis while that one is starring towards Mars and beyond.

Not too long ago I read how Boullier commented on strangulated hierarchy at McLaren, very difficult for people to relax, be creative, and lead a simpler working life. I do not know what "McLaren material" means, but we could be talking probably more about myths, than reality. An organization full of over bloated egos with a truckload of overinflated titles were some of his observations. Possibly not an easy environment to work in, and now add two driving primadonnas and I really do not envy Boullier's life. For that camping chair incident of last year, I read, Dennis actually gave s***t to Boullier, that he is not controlling his drivers. What one can say other than - life goes on.