Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknown?

Next season

Well it would certainly seem that way, Vettel has been seen talking to redbull on a more consistant basis than in the past. Is he trying to ask to return or hopefully using his past success with the team to get any info he can for Ferrari? Ross Brawn has already expressed concerns that one team will dominate this era just like Mercedes did. Mercedes have won 50 of 58 races since this turbo era began, that's astonishing, I don't think we have seen any dominance like this in the history of the sport tbh. The only other winners have been Ricciardo with 4 wins, verstappen with 1 and Vettel with 3.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! please no. Not another dominance. I hope 2 or 3 teams could fight it out race after race. Dont want to know the result before the race is going to actually start.

Is it only a dream or there is a chance that would happen? 

Well by going of Ross Brawn's concern it's not likely and if anyone knows what there talking about, it's him.

Vettel is talking - hi guys - to people from his past, especially when they meet in the paddock. I see nothing wrong about it. To make anything more of it is really letting one's imagination to run wild. He is staying with Ferrari, or possibly retiring if there is no contract for him. 

PU systems are leveling off across for all suppliers, thus superior chassis and aero will make the difference next year IMO. Honda is little bit of unknown, as they have decided to start from scratch and they are building completely new engine. I think they will improve, question is, how much? If they hit bullseye, they might be the mightiest of them all. From group of four engine suppliers, I fear that Ferrari could be left behind, whereas Renault and Honda will fight for supremacy in the next round. RBR is positioned for having a really good year in 2017, and it's too late to do by anyone anything about it. Drivability of Renault engines is legendary, and when combined that with Newey's hand, you have it made.  

Yeah I agree, but to say Vettel isn't concerned and just saying g'day to everyone is abit naive IMO. He would be looking for any advantage he can get from anyone especially redbull and using his "friendship" to extract info or in an extreme case, talking about the future. Who knows he might end up back there, never say never because after alonsos torrid time at mclaren in 2007 if anyone said to you back then he would go back, no way in hell would you believe them. Vettel knows next year is all about aero and he knows that's redbulls strong point. Do you also think people are under estimating Mercedes? I feel they might have an ace up there sleeve as there car this year is so dominant and in the past before the turbo era began they got to work early, could have they done the same for next year in the aero department?

Right, RB will be giving valuable advise to Vettel how to improve his car. Now, should we see Newey with Vettel going over RB aero - slowly - then we have something, but Horner and Dr. Marko? No kidding. They want all the best for him, as so loudly demonstrated at the end of race in Mexico. Whether Vettel was spying or not, that I am not sure. What I am however sure off, if he did, than he is not the only one in paddock, who is collecting intel. I can actually recall names like Alonso and Hamilton, who came on "friendly" visits to competitor's stalls in the past. It's a tradition, and we all know that much. 

7 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Yeah I agree, but to say Vettel isn't concerned and just saying g'day to everyone is abit naive IMO. He would be looking for any advantage he can get from anyone especially redbull and using his "friendship" to extract info or in an extreme case, talking about the future. Who knows he might end up back there, never say never because after alonsos torrid time at mclaren in 2007 if anyone said to you back then he would go back, no way in hell would you believe them. Vettel knows next year is all about aero and he knows that's redbulls strong point. Do you also think people are under estimating Mercedes? I feel they might have an ace up there sleeve as there car this year is so dominant and in the past before the turbo era began they got to work early, could have they done the same for next year in the aero department?

Talking about the future...yeah ...What I think is he's trying to do is to recruit them or something. My wisdom is failing me in this regard :-0

Occam razor - you see old buddies, and you shoot the breeze about nothing really. It is diversion from hard reality, and I bet nothing more than that.

Based on several actual cases of recruiting (as actors involved recently admitted), contact seems to be almost always a sort of clandestine situation, rather than something you do in public eye. When Ferrari wanted to talk to Seb, they contacted Sabine Kehm, who then called Seb on their behalf, and all was done quietly. Hamilton and Brawn also first talked in darkness of the night at mother's house, and again, all out of public eye. RBR does not need Seb, and Seb is married to Scuderia.

As far as technology goes, Seb could not possibly see much at RB that it would make difference to Ferrari.

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Talking about the future...yeah ...What I think is he's trying to do is to recruit them or something. My wisdom is failing me in this regard :-0

That's a good point and another angle to look at it, I get the feeling he wants to try and emulate schumi and recruiting people he worked well with in the past is a similar scenario.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Occam razor - you see old buddies, and you shoot the breeze about nothing really. It is diversion from hard reality, and I bet nothing more than that.

Based on several actual cases of recruiting (as actors involved recently admitted), contact seems to be almost always a sort of clandestine situation, rather than something you do in public eye. When Ferrari wanted to talk to Seb, they contacted Sabine Kehm, who then called Seb on their behalf, and all was done quietly. Hamilton and Brawn also first talked in darkness of the night at mother's house, and again, all out of public eye. RBR does not need Seb, and Seb is married to Scuderia.

As far as technology goes, Seb could not possibly see much at RB that it would make difference to Ferrari.

Sounds like your not pinning to much on Ferrari for next season, you really think they will be that far behind? I feel some improvement has to be made, weather it does, time will tell.

Autosport is headlining Weherlein as a frontrunner for Sauber's seat, which implies Nasr as an odd man out. That's really distorted world of the F1. Nasr - in my view - is twice a driver to Palmer, yet now he will sit out next season? Manor is on the list not to make it for too long, so what's now for him? On one hand you are not going to make it, unless you devote yourself totally to this sport, but if you fail, you might be kicked out, and no job waiting for you elsewhere, because you did not have time to formulate backup. Very risky life that is. SA representation is taking bad hits for next season. 

Not to mention twice the driver Ericsson is to and Ericsson has already been confirmed. Funny because sauber is a Ferrari customer not Mercedes.

Ericsson, if my information is correct, had his hand to some part in bringing money to Sauber, thus perhaps saving it. His seat is good only for next year anyway. What has Palmer done, other than talk big, critiqued his team, etc.? Sauber might had not much of a choice, however Renault is in different position, and whilst I have respect for Frederic Vasseur as he knows what he is doing, I would have picked another driver.

Yeah I totally agree. Hulk will smoke him anyway, that is a given. It will be like grosjean and Gutierrez.

I wonder if it will take some time for Vandoorne to stack up against Alonso or whether he'll be right on the money straight away. McLaren have possibly the most to gain from the regulation changes after a torrid last few seasons, and I expect them, Renault and Ferrari to make serious gains in performance relative to the others.

I can't see beyond RB or Mercedes mind you, but I think the others should be a lot closer with Force India and Williams moving back down the order as historically neither is known for producing aerodynamically standout cars. 

Dark horses for me will be TR who I expect will have a competitive engine and a solid chassis with two talented drivers. 

Dirty games out of sight.

I think the same conditions existed when Kimi was there. Add Singapore incident and you get the picture.

How ever since that fateful day at Interlagos, in 2008, Massa has not won another grand prix race and while at Ferrari, where he remained until the end of 2012, Massa always finished behind his teammate Fernando Alonso and Massa’s long time engineer Rob Smedley knows exactly why.

“The [Ferrari] team of 2009 was very balanced between Felipe and Kimi [Raikkonen],” Smedley revealed to UOL Esporte. “But the team of 2010 was completely focused on Fernando. Everything happened around Fernando. That was the problem. It had nothing to do with Massa or his driving.

Never liked the guy (Alonso). His indiscretions are underreported, and he gets away with a lot. Him boasting how much better he was over Kimi, while in background Kimi was left on fringes, is indicative what kind of a man he is.

Lmao and you find nothing wrong with Vettel? He's done much worse by bringing the whole sport into disrepute if you ask me. Tad hipercritical don't you think? He's the kind of man who is reguarded by his peers and the whole racing community as the best there is out there. Sorry bud I had to reply to this as its a clear indication of double standards IMO. Yet you will believe this but not the fact Ferrari offered him an extension to stay up until 2019, I think people feel better saying he got fired than admitting the truth. But anyway id be lying if I said I expected any different, I saw this story and was wondering how long it would take for someone to post it on the intention of slander.

Yet once again discussion is swayed immediately away from Alonso, blaming some other people. It seems ALWYAS the same story. I am not aware anyone crushing on purpose in Singapore to give Vettel a jump. Preferential treatment at RBR for Vettel is yet to be confirmed by anyone (like second Smedley), discarding Webber for he has tangible conflict of interest in that discussion. There is a lot of speculation around Vettel, yet intellectual integrity is almost non-existent on some forums. My point is, whatever Vettel is or isn't to you, what it has to do with behavior of other drivers?

Because you say this and that about other drivers, take any second to attack when a driver does something wrong but when your best pal Vettel does it, you have a note pad of why you feel are viable excuses and its rediculous. Have some balls and call it how it is for once mate, I'd would have a hell of a lot more respect for you if you did. How can you blame alonso for what happened in Singapore? It was a team decision but I haven't seen alonso crash into teammates and loose his mind and blame everyone but himself. I've never heard alonso curse over the radio at the race director, I've never seen or heard alonso be so adamant about a rule change and then go ahead and do the opposite and blame everyone else but himself. Yet you have valid reasons for all of these in your dilusional world and say it's fine but if anyone else did it, ohh man you would believe the first thing you read.

2017 FIA F1 World Championship

1. March 26 Australia (Melbourne)
  2. April 9 China (Shanghai)
  3. April 16 Bahrain (Sakhir)
  4. April 30 Russia (Sochi)
  5. May 14 Spain (Barcelona)
  6. May 28 Monaco (Monaco)
  7. June 11 Canada (Montreal)
  8. June 25 Azerbaijan (Baku)
  9. July 9 Austria (Spielberg)
  10. July 16 Britain (Silverstone)
  11. July 30 Hungary (Budapest)
  12. August 27 Belgium (Spa)
  13. September 3 Italy (Monza)
  14. September 17 Singapore (Marina Bay)
  15. October 1 Malaysia (Sepang)
  16. October 8 Japan (Suzuka)
  17. October 22 USA (Austin)
  18. October 29 Mexico (Mexico City)
  19. November 12 Brazil (Sao Paulo)
  20. November 26 Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

Monza was ratified, Germany is out. No tax money for someone's suitcase. Teams have about a week or two to recover from mental shock after they found out what they built over winter, and a first race when we all will know. One would think they learned after so many shattered dreams, but it doesn't seems so.

Even with a German world champion they couldn't strike up a deal? The F1 business model stinks to high heaven these days. Money money money. To be fair though I much preferred the old Hockenheim which was criminally watered down IMH, although I understand the reasoning behind it. 

Due to rapidly changing political situation, money will be directed into infrastructure (in Germany), and security such as police and army (continental EU). BE's desires and life style are not priority in majority of European states.  I am actually surprised Monza caved. Regarding Mercedes/Rosberg - these days Germans are less nationalistic than some other tribes. Despite my own likes and dislikes, some (mostly young) Germans actually like Hamilton. 

2 hours ago, Unknown? said:

Even with a German world champion they couldn't strike up a deal? The F1 business model stinks to high heaven these days. Money money money. To be fair though I much preferred the old Hockenheim which was criminally watered down IMH, although I understand the reasoning behind it. 

Well said and I agree 100%

Are the other teams take this development sitting down, and just roll over and nobody says even boo?

Wasn't it Horner who sent FiA to investigate alleged synergy between Haas and Ferrari, only to turn around and we got this deal from him? TR and RBR as one, testing as one, while sharing tech info? Two teams testing and developing a car in highly regulated and restrictive environment, while others have just couple of hours to hang on something on their 2 cars in FP1 and FP2, whereas RBR will be doubling resources at home (broadening development variants), and then testing four variants on 4 cars? I don't know, but it seems as signifiant and unfair deal for others. There is only one owner who makes teams to cooperate. I am not convinced that Ferrari or Mercedes are in the same position with their customer teams.  

(Noted: a car development = 17 months).