Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknown?

Next season

Iam not so sure that's entirely true sakae as both cars are built and developed sepratly now compared to a few years ago. Back then TR was using redbull data for everything, that's why there cars looked identical. Now they look completely different.

That is suppose to change again. Close nit means to me, that development of their cars will be segmented, data shared, and testing implemented by 4 cars, instead limited to just 2 which is other teams can do. In March we will see if somebody will raise that issue with FiA.

That's a good point and very valid but Iam sure that there doing just enough to stay out of the "red zone" with the fia. They would've found a loop hole for sure and Iam sure that's why the cars look as close as possible to one another as they can. But I do agree, you would have to be naive if you believed nothing was going on between the pair. If there advantage is huge, then something will be mentioned, if not, it will remain The same.

Is Nasr without a job next season? I think it would be pity, because his talent was undoubtedly held back by an underdeveloped car, and surely he seems more talented than some, already confirmed drivers. Brazil thus will end up with no representation on the grid, and to avoid misunderstanding, I think Nasr deserves a seat for more reasons than just because of his nationality. Him and Sainz are both very underrated drivers IMO.

Yeah I heard he was a while back and this shows how money is more important than talent. Ericsson was confirmed ages ago and yet we don't know what Nasr is doing let alone if sauber offered him another seat. Can't compare Ericsson a Nasr, Nasr was better in every category IMO. 

Heard Lowe could very well be on his way to Williams.

As long as he is not at Maranello, I couldn't care less where Lowe is. At Mercedes there are (were) other people who must receive credit for their success. 

Next year will be interesting from several disjoined perspectives. Speaking of Mercedes, we shall see if Pascal will keep his seat in 2018, or Vettel or Alonso shall take it and replace him (or Hamilton). Pascal will be under pressure to perform.

I agree with Emmcee about TR & RB - they've undoubtedly found some clever loophole which will enable them to maximise gains by working as close as possible together without ever being in breach of the rules. I don't like it but from the other teams' POV I guess there's nothing to stop them buying out an existing team (Manor) (Sauber) and rebranding it the same way Red Bull did with Minardi - TR..

Nasr should be on the grid IMO, definitely a better driver than ME but Ericsson comes with cash. Money talks in this world. Maybe if Bottas/Wehlein goes to Mercedes that will open up a ride for him somewhere.

Interesting times at Mercedes and Williams in the near future if Lowe is on his bike. I think it'll be good for Williams - experienced technical man incoming, experienced driver in Bottas, rich rich rich rookie with impressive junior record incoming. Future looks good for them from where I'm sitting. 

Mercedes I'm still expecting to be there or thereabouts next year regardless of who they have in the c#ckpit or who's on the pit wall. So much money and they have the lure to attract anyone they want to really. I read somewhere James Allison is being toted as Lowe's replacement. Good move for all involved there I reckon.

How do you understand this: our effort on 2017 began last August. Does it mean August 2016 or 2015?  In strict terms it would be this year, but since an F1 car development takes about 16 to 18 months, thus I would guess that Ferrari launched 2017 project in 2015, despite that not all specs were finalized at that time. Byrne is the guy who can actually do that stuff with Resta, and without Alison in his way, methinks.

Good read.

I'd assume it means August 2015.. The teams knew then of the big rule changes and maybe Ferrari put a lot of their eggs into that basket.. Having said that it's not like all the other teams, especially those with the big wallets wouldn't have done the same too. I imagine Mercedes have been working on the new project for a while seeing as though this era has belonged to them totally. Same for RB in terms of developing early - get the chassis right (which they always do) and hope Renault, ahem, Tag Heuer, give them a representative power unit next time out. If Williams is as smart as I imagine they are, they would have let off on the development race to focus entirely on next years package with Stroll's money. Yes, they sacrifice fourth to FI, but they don't have the budget at Force India to create a beast next season, even with the additional prize money, that Williams will now have because of Stroll.

In reality.. I can't see Ferrari faring much better next year than in any recent year. They seem to have this mentality (dare I say arrogance) that they should be at the front almost by virtue of the fact they've been in F1 longer than anyone else. Let's not forget something, without the Schumacher era 1999-2004 in particular, Ferrari have won enough titles (drivers & constructors combined) to count on one hand in the last three and a half decades. Something is radically wrong in their approach and I genuinely believe they're stuck in a mindset and approach that will be beaten every time by the more modern RB & MB.

Sweeping changes are needed to the company structure, top downwards IMO before they consistently reach the summit again.

I will not pretend that I understand Maranello organization, but they have restructured from vertical to horizontal HR matrix this year in summer. Before we throw everyone out six months later, we should perhaps wait another couple of moths and see how it does (or doesn't) works.  

9 hours ago, Unknown? said:

I agree with Emmcee about TR & RB - they've undoubtedly found some clever loophole which will enable them to maximise gains by working as close as possible together without ever being in breach of the rules. I don't like it but from the other teams' POV I guess there's nothing to stop them buying out an existing team (Manor) (Sauber) and rebranding it the same way Red Bull did with Minardi - TR..

Nasr should be on the grid IMO, definitely a better driver than ME but Ericsson comes with cash. Money talks in this world. Maybe if Bottas/Wehlein goes to Mercedes that will open up a ride for him somewhere.

Interesting times at Mercedes and Williams in the near future if Lowe is on his bike. I think it'll be good for Williams - experienced technical man incoming, experienced driver in Bottas, rich rich rich rookie with impressive junior record incoming. Future looks good for them from where I'm sitting. 

Mercedes I'm still expecting to be there or thereabouts next year regardless of who they have in the c#ckpit or who's on the pit wall. So much money and they have the lure to attract anyone they want to really. I read somewhere James Allison is being toted as Lowe's replacement. Good move for all involved there I reckon.

Yep I agree 100% and Iam really quite surprised that big teams haven't done just that. With the restricted testing and constant rule changes, you would think teams like Ferrari, mclaren, Mercedes for example would have a "b" team. That's part of the reason redbull can bounce back so quick and not spend seasons lost in the wilderness as they can rectify issues with 4 cars and simulators instead of 2.

On 12/1/2016 at 2:45 AM, Sakae said:

2017 FIA F1 World Championship

1. March 26 Australia (Melbourne)
  2. April 9 China (Shanghai)
  3. April 16 Bahrain (Sakhir)
  4. April 30 Russia (Sochi)
  5. May 14 Spain (Barcelona)
  6. May 28 Monaco (Monaco)
  7. June 11 Canada (Montreal)
  8. June 25 Azerbaijan (Baku)
  9. July 9 Austria (Spielberg)
  10. July 16 Britain (Silverstone)
  11. July 30 Hungary (Budapest)
  12. August 27 Belgium (Spa)
  13. September 3 Italy (Monza)
  14. September 17 Singapore (Marina Bay)
  15. October 1 Malaysia (Sepang)
  16. October 8 Japan (Suzuka)
  17. October 22 USA (Austin)
  18. October 29 Mexico (Mexico City)
  19. November 12 Brazil (Sao Paulo)
  20. November 26 Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

Monza was ratified, Germany is out. No tax money for someone's suitcase. Teams have about a week or two to recover from mental shock after they found out what they built over winter, and a first race when we all will know. One would think they learned after so many shattered dreams, but it doesn't seems so.

They should move Suzuka - Japan GP to sometime in late November or September before Singapore GP to avoid the g'damn rain ! Or Pirelli produce some G'damn real Wet tires that can go over 3rd gear without hydroplaning 

Pirelli crowd seems to be after more on track testing. I can't say that I blame them, however I fear that some individuals like Fernley of FI or alike will block it on basis of "it's too expensive".

Seriously though, how much data and testing do they need to make a decent wet tyre? Look at bridgestones transformation from the grooved slick to the slick in 2009. One season basically and they were years ahead of Pirelli. There tyres are absolute garbage, always have been and always will be. Id rather run just on my rims than use them, the grip wouldn't be much different.

Problem however is, we are not dealing with Bridgestone, and if FiA will not give to Pirelli what they want, and tire will be subpar quality, who will carry responsibility should an accident happen due to aquaplaning? BE saved by accepting low tender, and now everyone has to deal with it. Old story - you get what you pay for.

Tyre was subpar before they got to f1 anyway. You would think Pirelli would've learnt atleast something from there previous f1 stint.

6 hours ago, radical-one said:

They should move Suzuka - Japan GP to sometime in late November or September before Singapore GP to avoid the g'damn rain ! Or Pirelli produce some G'damn real Wet tires that can go over 3rd gear without hydroplaning 

I recall quite a few races in Japan under blue skies, back in 90ties.

On 12/12/2016 at 7:38 AM, Emmcee said:

Yep I agree 100% and Iam really quite surprised that big teams haven't done just that. With the restricted testing and constant rule changes, you would think teams like Ferrari, mclaren, Mercedes for example would have a "b" team. That's part of the reason redbull can bounce back so quick and not spend seasons lost in the wilderness as they can rectify issues with 4 cars and simulators instead of 2.

Remember that the RB/TR strategy gave us Vettel, just know, the 4 times world champion.

I won't root for that sht.

Yeah and look what happened when he met another driver who has better ability to adapt. He won 3 races while Vettel didn't win any.

7 hours ago, maure said:

Remember that the RB/TR strategy gave us Vettel, just know, the 4 times world champion.

I won't root for that sht.

Talked about it little bit here (Vettel, competitiveness).

I have never understood why two teams ownership has been tolerated, for there seems to be clear conflict of interest at more levels than just one, and if it was bad optics before, now Key is talking about even tighter RB/TR ties in the future.