Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

High Speed F1 Circuits

Kimi had predicted that the MP4-20 will be very good for fast & high speed circuits. I know Indianapolis is a fast circuit, and think Silverstone may be another one, do you guys know of any other fast circuits?

one must include monza in that list. i think you could still include hockenheim. suzuka is a consistently fast circuit, as is spa.

Austria...oh wait we don't go there anymore :(

Most of the Tilke tracks have decent straights to work their magic on.

Silverstone, Monza, Montreal come to mind. Just on Indy, Toyota reckon that is their best chance of a win.

Do you mean fastest in terms of average speed or maximum speed reached Monty?

Senna this what Kimi has said about MP4-20

"The biggest problem right now is qualifying, getting on the front rows, and then we can really challenge the others. We just cannot get the best out of the car in qualifying. It

hmmm, the fastest tracks here consistent high speeds are acheived will be places like monza, spa, indianapolis is fast, most of the older tracks, the new hokenheim is still reletively quick, suzuka is quck, silverstone is fast. I wouldnt say any of tilkes tracks are consistently fast, china has two long straights and a few sweeping corners but the rest is fairly tight!

Indy has the longest, fastest straight in F1 but the average speed around the circuit is not that fast due to the many slow speed corners in the infield. Monza is the fastest circuit followed by, I'm guessing, Canada.

hmm yeah your right, but the straight thingy in indy still makes it a reletively fast circuit!

Its not the longest straight, that's China. It has the longest full throttle time, 22 seconds, which is why the track is so fast. If anybody needs to know anything about the Indianapolis track, I'm your man.

and canada of course

Canada has a long straight but mainly the curves are not so fast, so the settings should be some kind of medium with great grip but trying to get full speed in tha back straight.