Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

What A Farce!

blatant use of illegal team orders and innumerable tyre changes made a mockery of the FIA rules.

team orders at this stage of the season is normal.... and i believe ur referring to mclaren... well they didn use team orders in a very obvious manner..

bout the tyre changes if im not mistaken during wet conditions u r allowed to change the tyres as many times as required......

it wasnt really wet and its not as if they were putting a different type of tyre.

well they didn use team orders in a very obvious manner..

course not, the english media havent even noticed it yet.

You can change inters and wets as many times as you want, as you can changing from different sorts of tyre, for example inters to dry! Its only changing dry and dry tyres that is banned!

how do you define intermediates then? cant a team bring barely grooved tyres and carry out 3 tyre changes in a race? why dont wets and inters have to last a whole race? dumb rule..

Yep thats the way it goes, It mainly because the Inters show different wear rates in changeable conditions, it would just be unsafe to try and run them for a whole race. Many drivers actually found that using worn in Inters gave a small advantage in the semi-wet conditions...

A pair of inters can be made to last a whole race in fixed conditions, but when the track is drying out they wear at a faster rate. If they made the tyres harder they would be useless in the wetter conditions... therefore inters are made to work in a special range, but the cannot last a whole GP...

indeed. Changing from one set of inters or full wets to another is allowed in the rules. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

well I guess Jenson Button answered this question, when he pitted for fuel and ELECTED to stay with his somewhat worn Intermediate tyres, thus allowing them to become almost SLICKS by the end of the race !

A very wise move as it turned out, and a good use of those farcical tyre rules

How on Earth are you a moderator!?!

odd choice I agree but doesn't really matter. I think all moderators are needed for here is too remove the occasional offensive post and to ban troll for a day members, who join to make a few offensive posts and then leave.

how do you define intermediates then? cant a team bring barely grooved tyres and carry out 3 tyre changes in a race? why dont wets and inters have to last a whole race? dumb rule..

well IF you could READ the rules and IF you understood them, then MAYBE, just maybe you would understand F1.

"Wets" & "Intermediate" tyres are USED when the race track is just like that i.e. WET !!!!

A lot of teams tried to compromise with "DRY" tyres and we all know the otcome there!

So what is your beef about Cavallino?

To me seeing TYRE changing in a race was GREAT, BRING it back I say, and as for the comment, well wet & intermediate tyres use a different COMPOUND of black stuff, do you understand that word compound ? and I doubt much of that compound is rubber anymore :D

Well, intermediate and wet tyres are made of softer staff to achieve a better grip, but also they get melted faster and that's why they are free to change

blatant use of illegal team orders and innumerable tyre changes made a mockery of the FIA rules.

Those team orders were not blatant, if they were indeed team orders. And why don't you please educate yourself regarding the FIA rules before you make a mockery of yourself!

Team orders are supposed to be illegal.

as for tyres whats the point of a one tyre rule if it does not apply to all ocnditions. the teams shouldbe forced to make tyres that last a whole wet race too.

cavallino if I understand you correctly, then thats the most stupid thing anyone on here has ever posted. Are you suggesting that even if weather conditions change, drivers shouldnt be allowed to change tyres? Please say no

no but they should not be allowed unlimited sets of particular tyres. each driver gets a set of wets, a set of inters and a set of dry tyres. race on them. that will make things interesting.

Why on earth am I an odd choice?

Only 711 posts, nearly all of them one-liners and certainly not unbiased (although you are right to be anti-Karthikeyan and anti-Montoya. I suspect you were included to fulfill some sort of quota :P