Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Barrichello: What Next

He will now be paid less than a driver with a far inferior record to him. The team is built around Button now, they have paid big money to get him. However he is probably equally (in)competent as a driver. Even then he is probably facing another year in the shadows of his teammate.

I don't mean to be rude, but for me, it's more a case of 'Barrichello: Who Cares?!'

:naughty:

BAR don't have number 1 and number 2. Its hard to compare RB's and JB's record cos RB has been in a dominant car for the last 5 or 6 years. I personally think JB will have the upper hand, but hopefully we'll have 2 BAR's consistently at the front

Ive never had alot of respect for Either Button or Barrichello. I believe that they are both extremely over-rated. Sure Barrichello has won races but in the car hes been in over the past 5 years he should have won alot more and as for Button he has been in a race winning car for both 2004 and 2005 and what has he achieved, bugger all, i dont know why Frank Williams wants him. If i was Frank i would get Albers to test for him during the break and if he shows the skills take a gamble and have him in your race lineup.

Ive never had alot of respect for Either Button or Barrichello. I believe that they are both extremely over-rated. Sure Barrichello has won races but in the car hes been in over the past 5 years he should have won alot more and as for Button he has been in a race winning car for both 2004 and 2005 and what has he achieved, bugger all, i dont know why Frank Williams wants him. If i was Frank i would get Albers to test for him during the break and if he shows the skills take a gamble and have him in your race lineup.

I think that is an unfair assessment given that RB has had MS as a teamate.

The 2005 BAR is a race-winning car?

Well done clever-cloggs. If you think Button is over-rated, watch formula 1

Yes i do think it is a race winning car. The past few races have shown that and its just the drivers behind the wheel that are the problem. I think that the true potential of the 2005 BAR has been masked buy poor driving performances.

I'm sorry ykickamoocow but I dont understand how you can feel that way - everyone else can see clearly that Button has been driving brilliantly this year. Did you see the Belgium race??? Please explain. It sounds like you just don't like button to me

Did you see the Belgium race??? Please explain. It sounds like you just don't like button to me

I dont like Button but i saw Belgium and that is how i know how good the 2005 BAR is. Belgium is the only time that Button really drove well. This shows that when driven well the BAR is a race winner.

Button also got driver of the day in turkey cos he came through the field and fought his way to the front. Meanwhile sato has been trundling around not doing much at all, when last year he was in points positions very often. So have you thought that possibly Button's driving is the reason that he has a few podiums this year, and his team-mate has scored just 1 point? No, cos you're blinded by your opinion of Button as a person and 1 of these pathetic people who will never learn to accept that JB is actually VERY GOOD. If you don't like what I'm saying, see if anyone else here agrees with you that the 2005 BAR should be winning races, and that its Buttons fault that it hasnt!!

Jenson Button

Team: BAR

Nationality: British

DOB: 19/01/1980

Place: Frome, Somerset - UK

Grand Prix entered: 99

World Championships: 0

Highest race finish: 2 (x4)

Highest grid position: 1 (x2)

Podiums: 12

They are OK statistics but after 99 GP starts you would think that he would have won at least one Grand Prix

and these as the stats from another Brit

David Couthard

Team: Red Bull

DOB: 27/03/1971

Place: Twynholm, Scotland

Grand Prix entered: 191

Highest race finish: 1 (x13)

Highest grid position: 1 (x12)

Podiums: 60

David coulthard has a much better record and according to alot of people on this forum (not me) DC is only a responable driver, so what does that make Button.

You're changing the subject. We're talking about the 2005 BAR being a race winning car, which it isnt, so what are you on about? Is that the best back-up you can produce to suggest that JB should've won a race this year? Oh and by the war, why don't you go and get JV's stats as well - you'll notice 11 wins. Does that mean JV is better than anyone who hasnt won a race yet? No it doesn't. You've lost this argument so go away

ykickamoocow I know you don't know buggerall about f1 but I would have thought that you'd know that C has been in f1 since 1994. Up til 2005 he's only driven williams-renault's and mclaren-mercedes. Do you think that just possibly thats why he's won more races? You surely can't be this THICK

You're changing the subject. We're talking about the 2005 BAR being a race winning car, which it isnt, so what are you on about? Is that the best back-up you can produce to suggest that JB should've won a race this year? Oh and by the war, why don't you go and get JV's stats as well - you'll notice 11 wins. Does that mean JV is better than anyone who hasnt won a race yet? No it doesn't. You've lost this argument so go away

Statistics cant lie, these statistics clearly show that

Button has done only 51% of DC Grand Prix races so i'll cut all the statistics of DC's in half.

Jenson Button

David Coulthard (halved)

Grand Prix entered: 95.5

Highest race finish: 1 (x6.5)

Highest grid position: 1 (x6)

Podiums: 30

so now the statistics are even and they still clearly show that David Coulthard is better than Button.

Your stupidity is beginning to annoy me. If you base your opinions of driving ability based solely on statistics, you clearly know nothing about f1 and must be about as intelligent as my cat. DC's stats are impressive, but don't discount the fact that he had the best car in 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, and in the other years the mclarens were 1 of the best cars (except 2004). You're the dumbest person I've ever had to argue with

Next year Barichello won't have the excuse of being No 2 driver anymore. Winning only9 GP (+2) in 6 years with such a good car as the Ferrari was is a poor record indeed!!

Your stupidity is beginning to annoy me. If you base your opinions of driving ability based solely on statistics, you clearly know nothing about f1 and must be about as intelligent as my cat. DC's stats are impressive, but don't discount the fact that he had the best car in 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, and in the other years the mclarens were 1 of the best cars (except 2004). You're the dumbest person I've ever had to argue with

Button has been in both Williams and BAR. They are both very competitive teams and you cant say that Button wasnt in a great car in 2004. The only car that was better had a Ferrai badge on it. Dispite this he still didnt win and cars that wernt nearly as competitive won instead like McLaren and Williams, where was Button during those races when all he had to do was beat cars which had been struggling all year and had failed all year as well.

I don't mean to be rude, but for me, it's more a case of 'Barrichello: Who Cares?!'

for me its Barrichello : hope he gets screwed by BAR and gets outclassed by his teammate so he can shut up about his I can win the championship talk. Then Button can get a teammate who will make him shut up. :naughty:

I do not see any justification for Button being paid more the BARrichello except his P. R. image.

ykickamoocow how can you say that renault failed all year in 2004? ok the races that ferrari didnt win - monaco, button was right up trulli's arse at the end, looking for a way past. belgium, button had a tyre failure - brazil, button was out of the race lap 3 with engine problem. "All he had to do was beat other cars which failed all year" well he did score about 85 pts which is a lot more than anyone else (except ferrari).

well he did score about 85 pts which is a lot more than anyone else (except ferrari).

But he still managed not to win a single race. How many drivers do you know can score 85 points in a season and still manage not to get a single race win. Button is probley a good number 2 driver, regularly in the points but usually unable to get the win, that will have to be the number 1 drivers job because Button wont beable manage it.

oh my god did you even watch 2004? I wonder if Frank Williams or Nick Fry agree with you!! Button was unlucky not to win in 2004. Remember germany when he qualified 3rd with heavy fuel, had a 10-place grid penalty, then fought his way to 2nd, beating alonso in a good clean fight along the way? I suppose you think that was poor driving? I can't bear talking to you any more. Its like talking to a 6-year old who doesnt even follow f1, but has looked at a sheet of paper saying who's won a race and who hasnt. Your arguments are not valid and you seem to get stupider with each post

But he still managed not to win a single race.

I explained to you in the post before why button didnt win. what possible evidence do you have to suggest that he could've done better? look at his team-mate's 2004 record. That shows you how button got a lot more out of the car and did the best that it could possibly do

Statistics cant lie, these statistics clearly show that

Button has done only 51% of DC Grand Prix races so i'll cut all the statistics of DC's in half.

Jenson Button

David Coulthard (halved)

Grand Prix entered: 95.5

Highest race finish: 1 (x6.5)

Highest grid position: 1 (x6)

Podiums: 30

so now the statistics are even and they still clearly show that David Coulthard is better than Button.

Im sorry but how does DC being in race and championship winning cars for most of his career make him any better?