Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

Schu Reign Is Over - Brundle

Michael Schumacher's decade-long reign at the top of the F1 tree is over, according to former teammate Martin Brundle. The retired Briton and F1 commentator told his column in the 'Sunday Times' newspaper that Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen took over the mantle during 2005. ''At times this year,'' the 46-year-old wrote, ''Schumacher has looked as though the trials and setbacks ... of the season have robbed him of some energy.'' Brundle, Schumacher's teammate at Benetton in 1992, said he stood at a corner during a Brazilian practice session last month and - 'for the first time' didn't see Schumacher's exciting driving style. He added: ''To my surprise he appeared to lack commitment and confidence. It's the first time I can recall him looking ordinary. ''The most extraordinary reign in F1 history is probably over.''

Bit early to say that yet. If it was true I think schumi would retire this year. If ferrari produce a good car next year I believe he'll still be the best. Even a MS not performing at his very best is a very good driver!

Nice to see that you're picking up where you left off Kaciaj...Ferrari & Schumi bashing.

Schumi will be back at the top in 2006. Ferrari will have a much better car and Bridgestone will be a lot more competitive.

Nice to see that you're picking up where you left off Kaciaj...Ferrari & Schumi bashing.

Schumi will be back at the top in 2006. Ferrari will have a much better car and Bridgestone will be a lot more competitive.

I agree that bridgestone will be more competetive but i dont know about a better car. Ferrari struggled with the new 2005 rules what makes people think that they wont struggle with the new 2006 rules.

They struggled because Rory Byrne didn't design the car. I think they'll learn from this year though.

I hope that schumacher is able to fight 1 last time for the title - but I hope either Montoya or Button win the championship (optimistic, I know)

Michael Schumacher's decade-long reign at the top of the F1 tree is over, according to former teammate Martin Brundle. The retired Briton and F1 commentator told his column in the 'Sunday Times' newspaper that Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen took over the mantle during 2005. ''At times this year,'' the 46-year-old wrote, ''Schumacher has looked as though the trials and setbacks ... of the season have robbed him of some energy.'' Brundle, Schumacher's teammate at Benetton in 1992, said he stood at a corner during a Brazilian practice session last month and - 'for the first time' didn't see Schumacher's exciting driving style. He added: ''To my surprise he appeared to lack commitment and confidence. It's the first time I can recall him looking ordinary. ''The most extraordinary reign in F1 history is probably over.''

I read the same newspaper as you

Well he beat KR in 2003. Can we please decide if he is a worthy competitor or not? or only the ones that manage to beat him are worthy? However Hill and JV still qualify as unworthy?

If Schumacher was so mediocre a talent, why has it been so hard for the world to produce a comparable talent? Why isn't Senna's and Prost's success attributed to lack of worthy competitors?

If Schumacher was so mediocre a talent, why has it been so hard for the world to produce a comparable talent? Why isn't Senna's and Prost's success attributed to lack of worthy competitors?

How long have you followed F1?... that question is dumb

Well he beat KR in 2003. Can we please decide if he is a worthy competitor or not? or only the ones that manage to beat him are worthy? However Hill and JV still qualify as unworthy?

You

Seems to imply the same thing, that Michael has had inferior competitors so his success is down to that. I don't know what else Walker is trying to imply there.

How long have you followed F1?... that question is dumb

Saying that Michael's competitors have made him look good is dumb.

Seems to imply the same thing, that Michael has had inferior competitors so his success is down to that. I don't know what else Walker is trying to imply there.

That is a factor but his success is not simply down to that.

Saying that Michael's competitors have made him look good is dumb.

Michael

Waste of an argument - MS's records will stand the test of time.

Yes. His absolute records will be very hard to beat. It is important to note however that he doesn

Senna, Prost, Mansell and Piquet are four of the best men to have ever driven an F1 car.

Schumacher, who is classed in the above group hasn't really had to race against drivers of the calibre of the above 4. Hill was good but nothing special, JV did a good enough job but it's a case of what may have been had he not gone to BAR (for me and all JV fans anyways), whilst Hakkinen retired early and had inferior machinery for the first part of his career. Only now are we starting to see a new group of challengers emerge.

Hi Kaciaj!!!!! How are you?

Hi!!!!I'm fine thanks....but a little busy....I can imagine how happy you are now that "nando" has won the title isn't it?

Hi!!!!I'm fine thanks....but a little busy....I can imagine how happy you are now that "nando" has won the title isn't it?

:king:

Senna, Prost, Mansell and Piquet are four of the best men to have ever driven an F1 car.

Schumacher, who is classed in the above group hasn't really had to race against drivers of the calibre of the above 4. Hill was good but nothing special, JV did a good enough job but it's a case of what may have been had he not gone to BAR (for me and all JV fans anyways), whilst Hakkinen retired early and had inferior machinery for the first part of his career. Only now are we starting to see a new group of challengers emerge.

Exactly.

where have you been all these months?