Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Midland Claims It Is Not Blocking Aguri

According to rumours in the British press, Midland is the only team blocking Super Aguri's plans to enter Formula 1 next season. Midland's Colin Kolles denied the rumour.

Aguri has failed to make the original entry list for next season, as published by the FIA. However, F1's regulations say they can still enter F1 next year if they get the approval of all other teams.

"We are still evaluating the current situation, but we haven't said yes or no yet," Kolles told F1Racing.net. "There are actually other F1 teams who are blocking it, but it is not us at the moment." Kolles also denied that Bernie Ecclestone is talking to Midland to convince them to allow Super Aguri into F1.

The rumour mill is working over time. I think a full grid is in the interest of most teams. I hope Aguri make it and I hope that they come up and meet the criteria required to gain entry. I sincerely hope that rumours of a block are nothing but rumours

MF1 has the greatest right and liberty not to tell the truth to the world.

Any "yes we are stoppin" will show that they are not confident even to beat a ill prepared team like super aguri.

On the other hand if better sense prevails MF1 will know that with some effort they can make a minardi out of Super Aguri.

MF1 has the greatest right and liberty not to tell the truth to the world.

Any "yes we are stoppin" will show that they are not confident even to beat a ill prepared team like super aguri.

On the other hand if better sense prevails MF1 will know that with some effort they can make a minardi out of Super Aguri.

That's what I suspect.

I very much hope that Midland arent blocking Aguri. That would just be evil and not thinking of the sport

Super Aguri F1 sounds like a $2 SNES title. The team would be centred on Takuma Sato. It is a disaster waiting to happen. I fully support Midland on this one, the first good thing they have ever done.

Super Aguri F1 sounds like a $2 SNES title. The team would be centred on Takuma Sato. It is a disaster waiting to happen. I fully support Midland on this one, the first good thing they have ever done.

I very much doubt that they're doing it for the good of their fellow competitors........

What are you on about? Sure, the team will be rubbish and never score a point, but whats this disaster you talk about? Its not like the cars going to blow up in a ball of flames and kill everyone. How can you possibly be against the idea of a bigger grid? Back in the mid-90's we had more small rubbish teams with bad drivers but they didnt casue pile-ups did they?! I think sato would be more dangerous in a fast car - and in his 3 seasons of f1 no-one's ever come close to being hurt as a result of his driving

What are you on about? Sure, the team will be rubbish and never score a point, but whats this disaster you talk about? Its not like the cars going to blow up in a ball of flames and kill everyone. How can you possibly be against the idea of a bigger grid? Back in the mid-90's we had more small rubbish teams with bad drivers but they didnt casue pile-ups did they?! I think sato would be more dangerous in a fast car - and in his 3 seasons of f1 no-one's ever come close to being hurt as a result of his driving

Indeed

I find it amazing the amount of people on this forum who dont want more teams in F1. Formula 1 needs more teams and i think it can only benifit the sport. I would love to see Formula 1 abit more like V8 Supercars though. In V8 Supercars you have over 30 cars and they are only about 2 seconds apart from first to last. Also in V8 Supercars you have 20 drivers who are capable of winning races. I would love to see 30 formula 1 cars in the future.

I wouldn't. That would mean we'd have to bring back pre-qualifying. 26 is the most I'd like to see.

I find it amazing the amount of people on this forum who dont want more teams in F1. Formula 1 needs more teams and i think it can only benifit the sport. I would love to see Formula 1 abit more like V8 Supercars though. In V8 Supercars you have over 30 cars and they are only about 2 seconds apart from first to last. Also in V8 Supercars you have 20 drivers who are capable of winning races. I would love to see 30 formula 1 cars in the future.

rubbish..........This is F1 not sedans

do you know how much mney it would cost to paint 6 new start spots onto all the tracks, its like a quart of paint for each spot, lets say each quart costs $30(remember its the extra super paint that can stand an f1 driving over it), so that times 6 so thats $180 a track and lets say 19 tracks to do it on so $3420 in total, that would never fly with the new cost cutting regulations :lol:

do you know how much mney it would cost to paint 6 new start spots onto all the tracks, its like a quart of paint for each spot, lets say each quart costs $30(remember its the extra super paint that can stand an f1 driving over it), so that times 6 so thats $180 a track and lets say 19 tracks to do it on so $3420 in total, that would never fly with the new cost cutting regulations :lol:

You forget. Most tracks already have the extra grid spots for other events. I know for a fact Albert Park has over 30 grid spots.

but does f1 race at albert park, no

also, the regs would have to be changed, right now no more then 12 teams can compete in a season under current regs

but does f1 race at albert park, no

Are you shure you are a F1 FANatic? :naughty:

albert park is the venue for the australian formula one grand prix...

Yes, and we should be back at Adelaide instead of the bland, unchallenging and unexciting circuit that is Albert Park.

Yes, and we should be back at Adelaide instead of the bland, unchallenging and unexciting circuit that is Albert Park.

Adelaide is still used as a V8 Supercar track, its sort of like a Monaco with overtaking. I also would like to see F1 cars on the street circuit at Canberra, its very simular to Adelaide but not only does the circuit go around the Old Parliament house but on the main straight you get a great view of the current parliament house.