Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

"Britain Needs Button To Start Winning"

What Britain really needs is electoral reform and, hopefully by that means, a decent Government. The current mob are a disgrace and the opposition even worse. :angry:

As for Button......anyone heard of Tim Henman? :rolleyes::yawn:

Electoral reform? As in proportional representation? Isn't that a LibDem desire? I really do wish you'd be a little more forthcoming instead of just ranting aimlessly without either substantiating or explaining your reasoning? What on earth has the British government or Tim Henman got to do with this thread??

With regards to the topic in hand, I agree that JB does need to get a win or two under his belt. I think that he is capable of it given the right machinery (the environment he finds himself in seems conducive), and the added incentive of wanting to beat Rubens may have the desired effect in pushing him to raise his game.

DR is perfectly entitled to speak his mind although I suspect there is an ulterior motive involved.

I respect DC, but I do doubt that he would have done any better in the BAR during '04.

"Is this true? I thought Toyota spent more and maybe a few others. I wonder if we could see a more competitive financial battle in F1 than ever before as the japanese manufacturers go head to head near the front?"

yes, that's the quote that stood out for me. surely this can't be true and is richards getting carried away with himself. keeping jenson was costly last year but i still think toyota must be spending comfortably more than honda.

with regards to fighting at the front and back, midland have toyota engines so the eventual main competitor of the honda engines in the rear of the super aguris will be the toyota's in the midlands. it makes sense in that respect.

Yes I agree with all that. Toyota's support for midland is a bit more reasonable than Honda's sato-dream-team though! Honda have increased their budget since they bought BAR so I wonder if DR knows more about it than we do. Really I expect you're right though.

What Britain really needs is electoral reform and, hopefully by that means, a decent Government. The current mob are a disgrace and the opposition even worse. :angry:

As for Button......anyone heard of Tim Henman? :rolleyes::yawn:

I think british politics is going in just the right direction. If we followed your advice we'd soon have alcoholics running the country!

PS Do I have a drink problem? No I do not.

PPS Feel free to PM me to explain what the lib dems actually stand for (I'm genuinely curious).

Yes I agree with all that. Toyota's support for midland is a bit more reasonable than Honda's sato-dream-team though! Honda have increased their budget since they bought BAR so I wonder if DR knows more about it than we do. Really I expect you're right though.

I think british politics is going in just the right direction. If we followed your advice we'd soon have alcoholics running the country!

PS Do I have a drink problem? No I do not.

PPS Feel free to PM me to explain what the lib dems actually stand for (I'm genuinely curious).

when you look at the government of france, usa, russia - tony blair really isnt that bad at all

when you look at the government of france, usa, russia - tony blair really isnt that bad at all

He oozes insincerity and scripted lines.

Lib Dems are just poor confused folk.

What on earth has the British government or Tim Henman got to do with this thread??
I was just trying to string it out a bit.
If we followed your advice we'd soon have alcoholics running the country!

Hakkinen for Prime Minister, then!

He oozes insincerity and scripted lines.

Lib Dems are just poor confused folk.

this is a classic example of voter fatigue,after having to bear with someone for over a decade

:eusa_think:

no wonder in the U.S a person cant be president for more than 8 years at a stretch

I was just trying to string it out a bit.

Hakkinen for Prime Minister, then!

:lol: Nice one.

this is a classic example of voter fatigue,after having to bear with someone for over a decade

no wonder in the U.S a person cant be president for more than 8 years

Afraid not Narain fan. I have opposed Mr Blair since the day he became Prime Minister. Before that he was merely irritating.

no wonder in the U.S a person cant be president for more than 8 years at a stretch

There actually is a constitutional amendment limiting the president to two terms because they didnt want the presidency to become a dictatorship with one president winning over and over again. Franklin Delano Roosevelt won 4 terms and died only a month after being sworn in for his fourth term.

There actually is a constitutional amendment limiting the president to two terms because they didnt want the presidency to become a dictatorship with one president winning over and over again. Franklin Delano Roosevelt won 4 terms and died only a month after being sworn in for his fourth term.

yes it is a constitutional amendment .i did not say anything that would even remotely imply to the contrary

unless a radical new natinalist party emerges that would pull out of the EU and just focus on makin britain great again, getting rid of all the chavs and teaching the youth some manners, ill be voting conservatives! tony blair and labour are crap, the lip dems dont know what they are, what their policies are, who their leader is etc. I urge all british people to vote consevatives!

who in britain would be defined by us as conservative? and by who, i mean what party.

Our Conservative Party is similar to your Republicans in their outlook. You may be too young to remember, but Margaret Thatcher was Conservative. The Labour Party are the British equivalent of the Democrats, and the Liberal Democrats are somewhere in between.

For Ben: I think a nationalist party is a bad thing. It would be divisive in our multi cultural Britain.

indeed, i didnt quite mean nationalist like that, a nationalist party that sees britain as multi cultural and wants to upgrade her status as being great once again! Its important that we accept and learn from being multi cultural, there are huge benefits!

Ok. I see what you mean now. That's different, and I agree with you.

Dont forget, sometimes there must be a racial draft, like on Chappelle's Show.