Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Prophet Muhammad Controversy

i still have not got a response as to who edited this post

That's an example of self editing by the poster............no mystery here...............

:D Boy I stay away for a day and things get all heated up :lol:

Don't you just love it! :D Don't worry, it'll quieten down when the season starts. It's just that there's not much else to talk about right now. And it keeps my mind active. And possibly annoys people, which is always a good thing.

You are being so general in your condemnation I just can't be bothered to argue with you, except to say that you need to calm down and read your own posts. Then you might see what we're saying.

Indeed Ben, you do yourself no favour...............

Didn't know you asked.

who wrote the "edit" message
Indeed Ben, you do yourself no favour...............
but its only me who will get "Warned"

bloody double standards

Don't you just love it! :D Don't worry, it'll quieten down when the season starts. It's just that there's not much else to talk about right now. And it keeps my mind active. And possibly annoys people, which is always a good thing.

:bangin::cheers::roll:

but its only me who will get "Warned"

bloody double standards

No, that's not true.......................

That's an example of self editing by the poster............no mystery here...............
why is

"the post has been edited" message " missing

EDIT:// The views expressed herein are not necessarily those held by TotalF1.com blablabla Don't generalise too much though,mate. I'm sure we have members of the muslim faith here at the forums as well

did he speak to himself :unsure:

:bangin::cheers::roll:

No, that's not true.......................

i dont blame u for having a short memory,afterall you arent ....

why is

"the post has been edited" message " missing

did he speak to himself :unsure:

It's called a disclaimer and it was added before he posted, it's done all of the time in the world of posting/writing.................

It's called a disclaimer and it was added before he posted, it's done all of the time in the world of posting/writing.................
i initially read the message...without the "edit message"

i now can figure out who has edited it,...

that person is famous for doing things without "informing"

i dont blame u for having a short memory,afterall you arent ....

Are not what, Ashwin?

good day to all i'm off to work, toodles

:lol:

Cheers mate, have a good day.

:thbup:

You the one talking every bit of cr@p under the sun trying to disprove my religion. You are very misled my friend... When it come to Formula 1 you are welcome to your own opinion, in this case, your opinion is otter bull.

Since this rather offensive topic is allowed to stay open... and mods appear to do nothing, lets bring up some of the following topics on TF1.

-Was Hitler right trying to murder half the world.

-Is Bin Laden a Hero or a Villain?

-Are all Scouzers B@stards?

...am I stirring it up yet? Ill suggest some more if you want...

Excuse me, Wez, but who exactly are you talking to ? And who is trying to disprove your religion?

You the one talking every bit of cr@p under the sun trying to disprove my religion. You are very misled my friend... When it come to Formula 1 you are welcome to your own opinion, in this case, your opinion is otter bull.
i dont know how you came to the conclusion,but the conclusion is not "off the mark"

the double standards are there for everyone to see

Since this rather offensive topic is allowed to stay open... and mods appear to do nothing, lets bring up some of the following topics on TF1.

But again, Wez, it's all insults and no substance!

And Ashwin, don't be so cryptic, please elaborate on these double standards that you can see. Because I seem to have missed them.

But again, Wez, it's all insults and no substance!

And Ashwin, don't be so cryptic, please elaborate on these double standards that you can see. Because I seem to have missed them.

i think they stare at everyone in their face.....if only seen in the right perspective,...

anyway i am not going into this topic in any great detail...as i have an old Pm still preserved in my inbox,it states that i will be severely reprimanded(by means of "Warn levels" ....,ofcourse) if i dare to open my mouth on the subject...

and that i should stick to sensible posting on F1

obviously, i visit th site to "Chat " with a few good men(and couple of women :wink2: )

so i am least bothered ,let alone be intimidated by such threats :)

speaking of which,Bajo39 is very much missed in this place :)

well im fed up really, if they can say it then so can I, dosnt mean i will atually go along with it but i find it disgusting how they feel the need to say such disgraceful things. And no, what i am saying is not any worse actually or even close to what they are saying cos im saying it now because im just fed up with them all. Can you not see though the point im trying to make, if people keep saying such things then us british will most probably retalliate and say exactly what I have just said. Im not being a hypocrite or whatever cos what im saying is completely different and im just trying to illustrate that if they dont keep on with such views then this country will not be so tolerent and infact begin to fight back.

Ben, your rationale for justifying your 'hate' speech is just that, a rationalization for your own behaviour. Nevertheless, I defend your right to say whatever you like inasmuch as I defend the right of the cartoonist to defile the image of the prophet. Having said that, it is a tad hypocritical of you to condemn the "Muslims" for their extremism, and then in your very next breath you offer a stream of vitriol that is nigh indistinguishable from that which you are criticising.

And make no mistake, I understand that you are "fed up" with their attitudes and reactions, just as I understand that they are "fed up" with the Western attitude towards Islam and the prophet. Having said that, if we want to promote a more tolerant global society, it behooves us to demonstrate the type of tolerance in which we want the rest of the world to share.

You are being so general in your condemnation I just can't be bothered to argue with you, except to say that you need to calm down and read your own posts. Then you might see what we're saying.

Indeed.

You the one talking every bit of cr@p under the sun trying to disprove my religion. You are very misled my friend... When it come to Formula 1 you are welcome to your own opinion, in this case, your opinion is utter bull.

Excuse me, Wez, but who exactly are you talking to ? And who is trying to disprove your religion?

I suspect that Wez was directing that to me, Russ, as I believe I was the only one to directly respond to his last post.

Wez, I am not trying to attack your faith, instead I am attempting to demonstrate why a literal interpretation of the Genesis story cannot serve as a general scientific theory, and specifically as an alternative to evolution. I support your right to maintain whatever religious beliefs you wish, but if you attempt to offer them up as scientific theories, they are open to scientific critique. And, if you don't want you beliefs to be subjected to that level of scrutiny, then don't offer them as such.

In the end, the Genesis story is not a scientific theory (like evolution), but rather a religious belief. The two are completely differenct intellectual concepts, insofar as one is based in theology, and the other in scientific theory. As a result they are not (by definition) competing concepts, so you should not feel attacked or threatened by my comments.

As for your final query, I am completely comfortable with you promoting a debate regarding the justifications for Hitler's policies (or even a debate on the alleged Holocaust 'myth'), the West's responsibility for Bin Laden's attacks on the US, or any other topic you wish to suggest. As I have said time and time again, there ought to be no holy cows (apologies in advance to anyone who may be offended by that particular coloquialism), and each and every topic should be open and available for discussion.

But I am a little mystified by your comment regarding 'scouzers', as I have no idea what that word means........

monza. My view may be generalised, but do the muslims accept the fact that the majority of the west dont hate them. One person offends them and the whole of denmark is to blame and their PM etc is being burned (dummies of course) they generalise things. Im not saying all muslims are suicide bombers, infact many are really nice people, but its those select few who make many hate them!

monza. My view may be generalised, but do the muslims accept the fact that the majority of the west dont hate them. One person offends them and the whole of denmark is to blame and their PM etc is being burned (dummies of course) they generalise things. Im not saying all muslims are suicide bombers, infact many are really nice people, but its those select few who make many hate them!

Ben, meeting ignorance with ignorance is likely to generate only more ignorance. As a result, the challenge is not to hate them, but instead to try and understand the reason for their anger. It really has little to do with the publishing of one cartoon (and it was actually 12 of them) as opposed to a long simmering antagonism with the West which was ignited by that incident.

Like it or not, we must all share this one (very limited) world, and the sooner we start trying to understand one another, the sooner we'll find a solution to our mutual problems and concerns.

well im fed up really, if they can say it then so can I, dosnt mean i will atually go along with it but i find it disgusting how they feel the need to say such disgraceful things. And no, what i am saying is not any worse actually or even close to what they are saying cos im saying it now because im just fed up with them all. Can you not see though the point im trying to make, if people keep saying such things then us british will most probably retalliate and say exactly what I have just said. Im not being a hypocrite or whatever cos what im saying is completely different and im just trying to illustrate that if they dont keep on with such views then this country will not be so tolerent and infact begin to fight back.

You're absolutely right Ben, so far as your right to say that goes. If it really is your opinion then we'll have to accept it. However I'm sure you don't really mean it. You can't hold all muslims accountable for a violent minority any more than all christians are responsible for electing George Bush or the crusades or imprisoning Galileo or the IRA etc etc. There was an excellent interview in the Sunday Times with Saira Khan, the out-spoken, swearing runner up in last year's UK Apprentice, who's also a muslim. She was saying the "mad mullahs" and many of the recent protesters should leave Britain for say Saudi Arabia. You should try to find it to see another type of muslim from the ones who capture headlines with their ridiculous views.

I found it for you!

God knows who you're talking to, alas we don't.

Please do, if you feel strongly about those issues, but would you mind doing so in another thread as I'm enjoying this one?

speaking of which,Bajo39 is very much missed in this place :)

Agreed. I hope he comes back at the start of the season.

There was an excellent interview in the Sunday Times with Saira Khan, the out-spoken, swearing runner up in last year's UK Apprentice, who's also a muslim. She was saying the "mad mullahs" and many of the recent protesters should leave Britain for say Saudi Arabia. You should try to find it to see another type of muslim from the ones who capture headlines with their ridiculous views.

I read that interview, and you are quite right, Murray, it was an excellent piece.

But I am a little mystified by your comment regarding 'scouzers', as I have no idea what that word means........

He meant 'scousers'. It's a term applied to people from Liverpool. They are also known as "scallies".

And vice versa. I get the gist of what you're saying, but I don't think you're expressing it very well.

Listen, back in the Ottoman empire of the 1500s and 1600s, there were four social classes:

1. Muslim by birth

2. Converts to Islam

3. Christians, Jews

4. Slaves.

The Quran states to protect them, basically to respect them. Ben, your view is only a view of the far radical sect, I suggest you check the link I posted.

There are many who make Islam look bad by their actions. Example:

A woman was attempting escape from 2 men trying to rape her. She found a knife and stabbed one of them to death. She gets executed. The country: Iran. I think the country is Saudi Arabia where you cannot openly practice Christianity or Judaism.

Oh Ben, every religion attempts to gain converts. I'm religious, but not so far as to try to gain converts, because it's not my job. I can also make fun of my own faith too. That takes guts, but those who do have a sense of humor. I'm your age (17 I think you are if my assumptions from previous posts are correct) and look how different of opinion we are.

Murray, im an avid fan of the apprentice and wanted saira to win, i thought she was great, though a little bossy she was very determined and i agree with her what she said. And obviously i wudnt kill all muslims, infact i dont have it in me to kill anyone.

AR5. Im always critized by my parents and my friends that im too mature for my age, and i take too much notice in the news etc and they think im an old fart for reading the times. I think that is the difference between me and you.

And yes this is the point im trying to make. Muslims like to think themselves as the best which is fair enough but the fact so many claim to be muslims yet dont follow their holy book puzzles me. If they are not staying true to their religion then how can they claim the whole world should be muslim etc etc etc if even they themselves dont follow their own beliefs? Dosnt make sense but do u understand what im trying to say. Islam is such a messed up religion is beyond belief.

I read that interview, and you are quite right, Murray, it was an excellent piece.

He meant 'scousers'. It's a term applied to people from Liverpool. They are also known as "scallies".

And vice versa. I get the gist of what you're saying, but I don't think you're expressing it very well.

Yes monza, i find it difficult to put my points accross in words on the net. I find it much easier to explain my viuew by talking face to face with someone. I often get mixed up whilst typing so i apologise.

Oh and scousers do my head in, :lol: their accent is just abysmal.