Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Does Kimi Break His Toys?

92 members have voted

1. 1. Does Kimi break his cars?

• Yes
    • No

puma the question would be, how could he break the car? remember todays cars are not lke the old days its all protected by electronics therefore i dont know how raikonen could be responsible for the breakage

First of all, it was good of Mike to have a created this thread for discussing this issue. I have always been against people saying that Kimi was hard on the car.

The reason why Kimi is highly rated and the the top pilot is simply due to the fact that he has no fear for limits. I remember once during testing he spun while attacking a corner, but other drivers had no problems. The telementery showed that he was travelling 54 kph faster than the next quickest driver when they entered that corner. :blink: (now don't ask me proof, I remember reading this in a magazine when I used to be a hardcore Kimi fan) That was pushing the limit, something racers are meant to do. He was simply ****ing fast and used to drive the wheels out of the cars before he entered F1 and used to win with an underperforming engine. I read that somewhere some months back in a magazine, I will scan it and post it for you fellas. May be had problems getting used to fragile F1 engines, I repeat, Fragile.

sliderule, no! You can still suffer mechanical failures by driving over the limit.

One instance would be him flat-spotting a tire, with the resultant vibrations tearing his front suspension to shreds. Also, the cars are not 'all protected by electronics'. His issue in Monaco wasn't protected by electronics. It's possible that, had Kimi backed off into air that wasn't turbulent and heated (behind Alonso), his exhaust would have cooled properly. Clearly you don't agree with me, and that's fine. ;)

Are you saying about 2006 season?

If so, you are wrong Mike. Ron said after the race that they had tired a new heat shield, which was placed a bit closer to the engine than normal, I stress, they had tried. Thus it caught fire.

here is more news about that in this link, but Ron does not say anything here, but Haug does mention it.

2006 MONACO GRAND PRIX RACE REPORT

Monte Carlo, Sunday 28th May 2006

Kimi Raikkonen MP4-21 02

Juan Pablo Montoya MP4-21 05

T-car (Juan Pablo) MP4-21 02

MONACO GRAND PRIX

Team McLaren Mercedes driver Juan Pablo Montoya finished today's Monaco Grand Prix in second position. Team mate Kimi Raikkonen retired from second place on lap 51 having never been more than a second behind eventual race winner Fernando Alonso. Both drivers were on two-stop strategies. Juan Pablo came in for the first time on lap 21 (9.9 seconds) whilst Kimi pitted one lap later (10.3 seconds). Both drivers used the Safety Car period starting on lap 49 for their second stops which lasted 6.3 seconds (Kimi) and 7.4 seconds (Juan Pablo). Kimi is fourth in the Drivers' ranking with 27 points and Juan Pablo is now fifth with 23 points. Team McLaren Mercedes holds third place in the Constructors' Championship with 50 points. In preparation for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone the team will be testing at Barcelona this coming week.

JUAN PABLO MONTOYA

"I'm pleased with today's result as it

Whatever, but they NH and KR were using the same kind of engines, and only KR had engine problems

NH and RH are driving the same car, and only RH had problems. :P

Ecap, Mario did say few races back that it is difficult to have both the cars finish the race all the time.

Ok, Ive done some more digging.

I looked on the F1 website archives

From what i can see, Kimi had no engine failures. (and no heatshield fires)

In Malaysia he had transmission failure

In San marino his steering wheel fell off.

In Germany he had a halfshaft failure. (I guess thats a driveshaft, maybe someone can clear that one up for me.)

In the USA he had a driveshaft failure

In Belgium he had transmission failure

Im not sure what this says for Kimi breaking his car, but I do know that with the steering wheel, it was found that if you were too agressive with it, it was possible to pull it off without using the quick release.

Which way do you guys see it?

Im still an unsure.

:eusa_think:

I've explained my theory about this time and again...and have had that theory twisted and mutated by just about everyone here. I have no desire to get into it again. My opinions on it are all here, if there's still some confusion, settle it amongst yourselves.

I wish this guy could come back so I can fart in his general direction*

*(thanks to ykick for this one) ....

True props are due to Blackadder I do believe...

I've explained my theory about this time and again...and have had that theory twisted and mutated by just about everyone here. I have no desire to get into it again. My opinions on it are all here, if there's still some confusion, settle it amongst yourselves.

Yup, I shan't be changing my opinion either, Bradley, my man.

It's really strange and weird that you could go from this to calling Kimi a "monosyllabic car destroyer"???

:lol:

I'd still dump him and sign Lewis if that's what you want to know :P

True props are due to Blackadder I do believe...

Monty Python you philistine :P

He'd fit right in with NASCAR then i guess

Player 1 is kimi i guess next season, so would you support him or will create a new user id player (3) may be :naughty:

NASCAR is a good option for player (3) :clap3:

your excellent explanation post in the other thread do suffice Mike :thbup: .... I think by now you should have realised I'm only having some fun :P

What difference does it make even if Kimi is a car-breaker? All that matters is he should have his hands on the WDC ..& he has!!!

I guess it could be argued that he could have had his hands on more?