Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

The ITV Commentary Criticism Thread

No one would have listened to the evidence of yet more anti-MS/Ferrari bias... some people just don't like it being told exactly how it is.

:yawn: No, we just get fedup of being told about this so-called bias without any decent evidence to back it up

:yawn: No, we just get fedup of being told about this so-called bias without any decent evidence to back it up

I could say the same for me with people who say Kimi is WDC.... that one works both ways jem. Thats why it's called a forum.. people are allowed to have opinions different to yours you know. Guess you haven't accepted this yet.

you didnt post an opinion, you said people dont like being told exactly how it is. And my response is that its not that we dont like being told 'exactly how it is', we are instead just fed up of it!

Did anyone else find it funny when Jenson Button couldnt remember his teammates name. :D

Now that was funny!

Is James Allen blind? Do he and Martin have orders from higher up to ignore orders from anyone but Ferrari?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was Indianapolis all over again, but worse because this time Giancarlo Fischella was even slower than Fernando while McLaren and Honda both qualified and finished in front of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?...len&PO_ID=36863

*waits for inevitable 'you are paranoid' remarks

Another totally boring job from Allen. My ****ing god F1 Is boring enough, but it's Allen's job to have a laugh, sound exciting etc.

For example when Rosberg and J.V crashed Allen never changed the tone of his voice. Sir Murray Walker would have deafened us! " crash! crash! who's this?? It's Rosberg!! " etc.

ITV alone could improve my enjoyment of F1 by getting even a decent commentator.

ITV alone could improve my enjoyment of F1 by getting even a decent commentator.

I think they should interview fans to check to see who would have the knowledge & ability and then let the best take it week in turn to help commentate on the race - GOD they couldnt do any worse than Allen & like you said they'd probably put enthuasiam back into (and get it right!!!!!)

They should replace James Allen with Ben Edwards.

Yep, he would be good. I know he likes F1.

Just recieved this:

Thank you for your email and comments which have been noted and logged

on our Daily Duty Log which is seen by all senior management within ITV.

Many thanks for taking the time to email in with your views.

Regards

Duty Officer - jh

Seems like they listen. So If you want decent commentry send them an email. :clap3:

Just recieved this:

Seems like they listen. So If you want decent commentry send them an email. :clap3:

That's good to know, I have'nt been a fan of J Allen since he started....

Ok, just listening to some of James Allen. He has to go. This is enough. Give Davidson the job.

i'm going to email ITV, I advice everyone else to do the same if you feel the same way.

Davidson was great.

i actually dont mind him as much now as i used too - maybe i just listen to him less now - although he did claim that RB was MS's team-mate today :blink:

Davidson was good today but his voice is a bit dreary ;)

Actually I won't be here nextrace so it doesn't really matter actually.

I will be back home listening to the worst commentator of all time.Who makes James Allen sound like a legend, the one and only Steve Slater :(

THEY CUT OFF HEIDFELD THEY CUT THE PRESS CONFERENCE JUST AS HE WAS ABOUT TO SPEAK. I know that's not commentary but ARGH HOW OFTEN IS HE ON THE PODIUM?????????????????????

Ant did a good job today

Ok, just listening to some of James Allen. He has to go. This is enough. Give Davidson the job.

i'm going to email ITV, I advice everyone else to do the same if you feel the same way.

Davidson was great.

I've finally realised that James Allen is carried by Martin Brundle. He is clueless! Ant did a great job today :thbup:

THEY CUT OFF HEIDFELD THEY CUT THE PRESS CONFERENCE JUST AS HE WAS ABOUT TO SPEAK. I know that's not commentary but ARGH HOW OFTEN IS HE ON THE PODIUM?????????????????????

Ant did a good job today

Whatever!

^_^

If to be technical Rubens *was* MS teammate :P

yeah, I thought he was on about him being MS's team mate but then I realised he was talking about button before that so he probably meant button's team mate. Should have said though! Did sound like he thought MS was still his team mate!!

yeah, I thought he was on about him being MS's team mate but then I realised he was talking about button before that so he probably meant button's team mate. Should have said though! Did sound like he thought MS was still his team mate!!

didn't hear that bit of commentary... you sure he didn't say EX-, OLD or FORMER teammate?

least he didnt do a Murray though & claim that Michaels team mate was indeed Eddie Jordan driving the Ferrari (instead of Irvine of course) :D:D

least he didnt do a Murray though & claim that Michaels team mate was indeed Eddie Jordan driving the Ferrari (instead of Irvine of course) :D:D

Lol... but moments like that are part of the reason Murray Walker was so loved... James Allen doing the same thing doesn't come close...

didn't hear that bit of commentary... you sure he didn't say EX-, OLD or FORMER teammate?

Yup! Think he was talking about button though

but Allen's knowledge now is pretty impressive (and usually correct)

so does this mean its better to have someone who sounds enthuastic and fun but presents the wrong facts (like Murray) or is it better to have someone who sounds pretty bored (unless its about Jenson) but presents all the right information :eusa_think:

though i do think Murray was just a one-off, unique commenatator :D

nope he was talking about Michael & said that his team mate RB was just up ahead (or words to that affect) - though he could have meant Button but it came out wrongly!!

James was proper screaming at the end, what a ledge! LOL!

Yeah the way he was shouting, I was hoping he would lose his voice... :king:;)