Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

The Greatest Performance Of All Time..

After watching Alonso's awesome pace and particularly he mind blowing first lap in the rain at the Hungarian Grand prix, it brought back memories of probably the greatest ever performance by a formula 1 driver...

It was Ayrton Senna at Donnington Park in 1993.

Here is a link to a very good review on the race. The site also includes a video with highlights of the race.

ENJOY :king:

Senna at Donnington Race Review

i remember Alistair posting the same a few months back....

Damn... Well for those that havent read it/seen it, its worth looking at!

Some food for though....

First of all, The Renault car is superb off the mark, second, Alonso had a clear track following the master from the start, until Coulthard cut in, could've been awhole lot different if he was held up at the start behind slower vehicles, he should really be grateful for shumie playing the beacon. From then on it looked easy, as the bridgestones runners clearly were disadvantaged and made Alonso's charge look more astonishing.

Don't be so blinded Alonso followers, pull the blanket away from over your eyes....

Some food for though....

First of all, The Renault car is superb off the mark, second, Alonso had a clear track following the master from the start, until Coulthard cut in, could've been awhole lot different if he was held up at the start behind slower vehicles, he should really be grateful for shumie playing the beacon. From then on it looked easy, as the bridgestones runners clearly were disadvantaged and made Alonso's charge look more astonishing.

Don't be so blinded Alonso followers, pull the blanket away from over your eyes....

But Alonso basher number one, you cannot deny making up 9 positions in one lap is something special!!!

So is lapping Schumacher!

But Alonso basher number one, you cannot deny making up 9 positions in one lap is something special!!!

So is lapping Schumacher!

who was 4-5 seconds slower, or was it more? :naughty: the Renault car is very fast off the mark Wez... How many positions up did jenson make, can't remember?

who was 4-5 seconds slower, or was it more? :naughty: the Renault car is very fast off the mark Wez... How many positions up did jenson make, can't remember?

If your mate Kimi hadnt blown it and the SC didnt come out Alonso would have lapped the entire field (well not quite, but still). Thats not all down to a good start!

Also Alonso made at least 4 cracking passes well after the start on the opening laps. He's class, you can admit it!!! ^_^

Wez, only the most blind cannot see your valid points. Alonso has been accused of not having any wet-weather driving ability. He proved everyone wrong. The argument that it was a superior car doesn't work because Fisico had the same car and was horrid. Alonso has also been accused of not having the ability to fight from a midfield position. Hungary proved that one wrong as well.

The sane, reasonable people know the truth, the rest will just wail about superior car this and bad bridgestones that. As long as there is an excuse remaining for the haters to cling to, they will cling. How I wish more people would enjoy racing as a whole and not look through the narrow view of one driver/team...

Alonso and Button opened many eyes on Sunday, but not those eyes that choose to remain closed...

GREAT!!! :D

Its funny to read Autumpuma and Senna at the same time, it was like they were for a different space time... :P

I don't deserve that compliment!

I don't deserve that compliment!

yes, you do...keep the good job! ;)

Hello everyone, I

I'm serious <_<

I'm with you on that one but I don't want to launch a personal attack however not obvious it is honestly. That makes users on this forum dislike you.

you want to see another good operning lap?

Sorry to dissapoint you mate but I have already posted it in the pinned videos thread.

Still, a very very good lap!