Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schumikonen

What Driver Had Said

"If everything looks under control, you are not going fast enough"

Mario Andretti

"I didn't win, but I am the fastest"

Alain Prost (When he lost the WDC by half point to Nikki Lauda).

Do you remember something special said by a driver?

Why don't you share with us?

Some are drivers, some are not, but all are real good (various sources)

"If Chris Amon were an undertaker, people would stop dying..."

- Mario Andretti on Chris Amon (and Amon's notorious "luck" in F1).

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari."

- Gilles Villeneuve

"As soon as I took one breath, I had that bloody red Sh#tbox all over my mirrors!"

- Alan Jones talking about Gilles Villeneuve.

"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines"

- Enzo Ferrari

Sir Jackie Stewart: Where do you brake for the esses?

David Purley: What do you mean, brake?

Chris Economaki took Jackie Stewart to a dirt track sprint car race near Riverside Speedway when they were commentating together right after Jackie'd retired. They got there while the cars were practicing and Jackie's mouth was just hanging open. Later they're wandering through the pits and a mechanic says, "Jackie, my driver's sick do you wanna try this thing out?" Jackie: "Forgot me helmet." Mechanic: "We'll find you a helmet." Jackie: "Forgot me balls too!!!"

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."

- Earnest Hemingway

"The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical"

- Murray Walker

"... the lead is now 6.9 seconds. In fact it's just under 7 seconds."

- Murray Walker

"And now, excuse me while I interrupt myself."

- Murray Walker

"With two laps to go then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

- Murray Walker

"To finish first, you must first finish."

- Rick Mears

"Does it scare me, driving into nothing at 300kph? - Of course it does - I'm not an idiot..." - Alain Prost

"Do you know, why I really love my helmet that much? Because it makes me 15 centimetres taller!" - Alain Prost

The warm-up to the 1990 Mexican Grand Prix in Mexico City had to be stopped because of a big black dog on the track.

"The dog was behaving better than many drivers when being overtaken. Besides that, it was very fast!" - Alain Prost

"The difference between me and Senna is, to BELIEVE in god or to think YOU ARE god..." - Alain Prost

"Does it scare me, driving into nothing at 300kph? - Of course it does - I'm not an idiot..." - Alain Prost

"Do you know, why I really love my helmet that much? Because it makes me 15 centimetres taller!" - Alain Prost

The warm-up to the 1990 Mexican Grand Prix in Mexico City had to be stopped because of a big black dog on the track.

"The dog was behaving better than many drivers when being overtaken. Besides that, it was very fast!" - Alain Prost

"The difference between me and Senna is, to BELIEVE in god or to think YOU ARE god..." - Alain Prost

Thank you for the quotes of The Professor :thbup:

"If I were a piece of air, I'd love to be driven through by that car!"

- Dan Gurney after looking at the new wing on the R26

1993 Suzuka - Camera cut's to a stray wheel rolling across the track

Murrey Walker:

"Ooh look at that, tire and wheel off now, what did it come off? I can't...well lets have a look there's a car somewhere with only three wheels on it (laughter in the background followed by Murry laughing) Well it's not the McLaren and its not Eddie Irvine and it's not Damon Hill

ooh and there you see it's Martin Brundle."

In a friday practice Montoya crash with the rear of Jaques V's car, JV told to reporters that he should take it easy after all is just a friday practice an Montoya replied

"I don't know why he is talking like that when he killed a man in Australia's when he crashed with Ralph"

In a friday practice Montoya crash with the rear of Jaques V's car, JV told to reporters that he should take it easy after all is just a friday practice an Montoya replied

"I don't know why he is talking like that when he killed a man in Australia's when he crashed with Ralph"

Well, that'll bring this thread down...Monty was an idiot for saying that. What did pie-man think, that JV aimed that wheel? Good lord, what a moron he is (was) and will be...

"If I were a piece of air, I'd love to be driven through by that car!"

- Dan Gurney after looking at the new wing on the R26

Ah, Dan Gurney, inventor of the Gurney flap, the cheapest but probably most effective little 'peice of Sh#t' ever put on a car.

Is that still around though? I know McLaren used it when testing this winter, but is it actually on some cars?

At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think "okay, this is the limit". As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna

Ah, Dan Gurney, inventor of the Gurney flap, the cheapest but probably most effective little 'peice of Sh#t' ever put on a car.

Is that still around though? I know McLaren used it when testing this winter, but is it actually on some cars?

Here's an interesting article on it:

http://www.allamericanracers.com/gurney_flap.html

Sorry for the thread hi-jack...back to the quotes... :D