Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

The English Premier League

Ok, since there was no thread to be seen on the greatest football league in the world I thought I would start one right here right now.

So come on, chat about anything on here like how great your team is and who they might be.

For the record im a Manchester United fan and as far as I know so is Ctrl.

Strangely enough, there a lot of Liverpool fans too i've noticed including Pablo, Kiko, Shane & Girl Racer.

Finally, for our American friends "Football" is actually that sport with a round ball, not the one that the guys wear 30 kg of stupid looking amour and don't run for more than 15 seconds at a go.

Blast away!!!

[

Ok, since there was no thread to be seen on the greatest football league in the world I thought I would start one right here right now.

So come on, chat about anything on here like how great your team is and who they might be.

For the record im a Manchester United fan and as far as I know so is Ctrl.

Strangely enough, there a lot of Liverpool fans too i've noticed including Pablo, Kiko, Shane & Girl Racer.

Finally, for our American friends "Football" is actually that sport with a round ball, not the one that the guys wear 30 kg of stupid looking amour and don't run for more than 15 seconds at a go.

Blast away!!!

I would like to talk football with you, Wez, but I am not seeing a great deal at the moment!! :lol:

[

I would like to talk football with you, Wez, but I am not seeing a great deal at the moment!! :lol:

I can understand that Liverpool supporters are not feeling in the mood for any talk of football these days. Now how many points are you behind us, 14 is it? Its going to be a very long season for you. Sadly you have only one quality player and he is a cretin off the park.

It is between United and Chelsea this year (as last) and going by the current goal difference we are going to walk away with it.

BTW, Tevez and Mascherano hahaha! Remember the Hammer fans suggesting Champoins League and whatever when they signed the duo. Look at them now, relishing at 16th 20 points adrift with their 'super signings' not even making it as substitutes. LMFAO

I can understand that Liverpool supporters are not feeling in the mood for any talk of football these days. Now how many points are you behind us, 14 is it? Its going to be a very long season for you. Sadly you have only one quality player and he is a cretin off the park.

It is between United and Chelsea this year (as last) and going by the current goal difference we are going to walk away with it.

BTW, Tevez and Mascherano hahaha! Remember the Hammer fans suggesting Champoins League and whatever when they signed the duo. Look at them now, relishing at 16th 20 points adrift with their 'super signings' not even making it as substitutes. LMFAO

Yeah, yeah, yeah...........you'd have to do an awful lot better than that!! :lol:

How was it between you and Chelsea last year exactly ?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...........you'd have to do an awful lot better than that!! :lol:

How was it between you and Chelsea last year exactly ?

IIRC 6 pts? Still, 6 or 27, the only thing that matters is that they beat us. Won't happen this year though.

Liverpol on the other hand...2005 Champions League title by a fluke, next year you won't even make it. You are the next Newcastle United.

All i know is that i hate Aston Villa as they injured Tim Cahill which means he cant play in todays match which features Australia vs Ghana. Now Mark Viduka, Harry Kewell, Tim Cahill and Lucus Neil are all injured plus 1 other player i cant remember.

IIRC 6 pts? Still, 6 or 27, the only thing that matters is that they beat us. Won't happen this year though.

Liverpol on the other hand...2005 Champions League title by a fluke, next year you won't even make it. You are the next Newcastle United.

My point was that you were only 1 pt ahead of us, so I don't really see it that you were the only team chasing Chelsea. They were already done & dusted, it was a fight for the places after that.

Yes we fluked it - is that what you need to tell yourself to help you sleep at night ?? :rolleyes:

My point was that you were only 1 pt ahead of us, so I don't really see it that you were the only team chasing Chelsea. They were already done & dusted, it was a fight for the places after that.

Yes we fluked it - is that what you need to tell yourself to help you sleep at night ?? :rolleyes:

Possibly -_-

The problem with your team is that you can't beat the contenders. Never have, never will. You pull off 1-0 victories over the lower teams as they don't see you as a prestigious scalp. But when ManUtd comes to town they get blood on their teeth since its a life long dream to beat them. We have a harder season and yet we always end up ahead of you. Pathetic on Liverpools behalf to say the least.

Possibly -_-

The problem with your team is that you can't beat the contenders. Never have, never will. You pull off 1-0 victories over the lower teams as they don't see you as a prestigious scalp. But when ManUtd comes to town they get blood on their teeth since its a life long dream to beat them. We have a harder season and yet we always end up ahead of you. Pathetic on Liverpools behalf to say the least.

Yeah, yeah, yeah........ :lol:

Seriously, the more you speak the more I laugh!! Cue evil laugh.......Muahahahahaha Muahahahahaha

United are looking really good this season, my only worry is that there is not enough depth in our squad should we get injuries to key players. Rumour has it Hargreaves and possibly Torres are on their way in the Winters transfer window which is great news.

As for Liverpool, they are in a sad state this season... 1 point from 6 away games is nothing short of p!ss poor, add to that the fact that they are also bloody boring to watch. Personally I blame the manager, He won the fluke European cup in '05 now he is mistakenly considered a great manager!

United are looking really good this season, my only worry is that there is not enough depth in our squad should we get injuries to key players. Rumour has it Hargreaves and possibly Torres are on their way in the Winters transfer window which is great news.

As for Liverpool, they are in a sad state this season... 1 point from 6 away games is nothing short of p!ss poor, add to that the fact that they are also bloody boring to watch. Personally I blame the manager, He won the fluke European cup in '05 now he is mistakenly considered a great manager!

Seriously guys, keep it going - the more you speak the more you show how little you know!! :lol:

Seriously guys, keep it going - the more you speak the more you show how little you know!! :lol:

Sorry mate but the table agrees with me on my views (and the table never lies)

Team Points

Man Utd 31

Chelsea 28

Arsenal 21

Aston Villa 21

Bolton 21

Portsmouth 20

Everton 17

Wigan 17

Liverpool 17

Fulham 17

Reading 16

Tottenham 15

M'brough 14

Man City 13

Blackburn 12

West Ham 11

Sheff Utd 10

Newcastle 9

Watford 9

Charlton 8

Sorry mate but the table agrees with me on my views (and the table never lies)

Team Points

Man Utd 31

Chelsea 28

Arsenal 21

Aston Villa 21

Bolton 21

Portsmouth 20

Everton 17

Wigan 17

Liverpool 17

Fulham 17

Reading 16

Tottenham 15

M'brough 14

Man City 13

Blackburn 12

West Ham 11

Sheff Utd 10

Newcastle 9

Watford 9

Charlton 8

Well for one thing, I wasn't talking about that, just your assessment of Rafa and how he's made his name - seriously shows a lack of knowledge there.

As for the table never lying - tell that to AC Milan et al!! :D

Secondly - when is the title ever decided in November?

Thirdly - how many points ahead of us were you at this point last season and how many points did you actually finish ahead of us in the end?

What is manure's obsession with us? I actually couldn't care about anybody else's team except my own. Maybe it's jealousy, I mean we are the most successful English club of all time...........

Cue evil laugh again.......Muahahahahahaha Muahahahahahahaha

Lets hope chelsea pip united to it. I am disappointed with Liverpool's progress this year, i feel benitez needs to invest in some big name players instead of constantly pulling unknowns from across the continent.

Any team with Christiano Ronaldo can go to hell as far as i am concerned :D

Lets hope chelsea pip united to it. I am disappointed with Liverpool's progress this year, i feel benitez needs to invest in some big name players instead of constantly pulling unknowns from across the continent.

Hey hey, Watch it!

Yeah, I wasn't slating Liverpool for the fun of it (although I do this sometimes I must admit)... I honestly believe they are better than their league position suggests, I just don't rate the manager and his policies to rotate the sqaud every game and play Gerrard (easily the Pools best player) out of position.

You guys also spend 20 odd million on very average players this season which hasn't helped you either.

Any team with Christiano Ronaldo can go to hell as far as i am concerned :D

I see where you coming from, I supported England in the World Cup and swore to forever hate the guy, but after seeing the way he is playing for my club this season its hard not to marvel at his skill... I honestly think he will be one of the best if not the best footballers in the world shortly!

I dont really support any team in the EPL but i guess if i was going to pick a team to support it would be Middlesbrough as Mark Schwarzer and Mark Viduka both play for that club or maybe Blackburn who have Lucas Neill and Brett Emerton

I dont really support any team in the EPL but i guess if i was going to pick a team to support it would be Middlesbrough as Mark Schwarzer and Mark Viduka both play for that club or maybe Blackburn who have Lucas Neill and Brett Emerton

Mate, you seriously need to broaden your horizon. People live in and acomplish things in countries other than Australia you know.

Mate, you seriously need to broaden your horizon.

My horizon is sufficiently broad

People live in and acomplish things in countries other than Australia you know.

Yeah but i couldnt care less about any sporting event which doesnt involve Australia in some way.

My horizon is sufficiently broad

Thats a lie

Yeah but i couldnt care less about any sporting event which doesnt involve Australia in some way.

So when Webber loses his seat and Albert Park is off the calendar in favour of some GP of Borneo or whatever you would stop following F1?

Thats a lie

I would never lie :king:

So when Webber loses his seat and Albert Park is off the calendar in favour of some GP of Borneo or whatever you would stop following F1?

If Australia didnt have a GP then it would not be a world wide sport as Australia is a entire continent. Anyway there are plenty of Australians involved in F1 including Michael Scjumacher's cheif mechanic.

I would never lie :king:

Well, you just did.

If Australia didnt have a GP then it would not be a world wide sport as Australia is a entire continent. Anyway there are plenty of Australians involved in F1 including Michael Scjumacher's cheif mechanic.

Africa (nor Antartica for that matter) is not represented, yet it is a World Championship. Also, as MS has retired what has his race engineer got to do with anything? Maybe Sam Michaels should be mentioned? As he actually has an important role.

Africa (nor Antartica for that matter) is not represented, yet it is a World Championship. Also, as MS has retired what has his race engineer got to do with anything? Maybe Sam Michaels should be mentioned? As he actually has an important role.

Africa doesnt have a GP because most of the countries on that continent are rather poor and cant afford to host a formula 1 race. I also would have reservations about a Grand Prix in Antartica as the drivers from Finland would dominate. :D

Middlesbrough are alright, but Blackburn are a bunch of dirty thugs (yes the stats agree with me here too... No team receives more bookings).

Talking about Ronaldo, Did anyone see how he slaughtered Lucas Neill last weekend as United beat Blackburn!

WOW, was like watching a thirteen year old girl trying to stop That big overweight chap in the front line of the All Blacks (Just in Soccer terms of course).

Africa doesnt have a GP because most of the countries on that continent are rather poor and cant afford to host a formula 1 race.

Africa should have a Grand Prix in South Africa, but for the fact that Bernie is a money hungry b@stard and would rather have races in places like Bahrain that will suit his agenda better!

South Africa has hosted the Rugby & Cricket world cups and soon the Soccer, and also has some world class tracks!!! So its got nothing to do with the infrastructure and capability.

Hey hey, Watch it!

Yeah, I wasn't slating Liverpool for the fun of it (although I do this sometimes I must admit)... I honestly believe they are better than their league position suggests, I just don't rate the manager and his policies to rotate the sqaud every game and play Gerrard (easily the Pools best player) out of position.

You guys also spend 20 odd million on very average players this season which hasn't helped you either.

The problem with that, Wez, is that your just spouting media nonsense and jumping on the bandwagon. None of it is actually true and it annoys me that supposedly intelligent people in the know (obviously I don't include you in that :lol: ) come out with such rubbish. I'll give you some examples :-

Zonal marking was the big thing against Liverpool last year and the media went on constantly about how we conceded from free kicks/corners. Reality? We conceded the least amount from free kicks/corners - 4 all season. Next best team was Chelsea with 5. When Liverpool conceded from a free kick/corner it was a problem with zonal marking and when other teams conceded from a set piece, which they did more than us, it was bad marking. And this is from people supposedly in the know.

Nobody cared when we played Gerrard out of position last season when we went on a winning streak and were probably as consistent as any team from I think about November onwards. Suddenly this year it's an issue. Also nobody cared when we rotated the team last season when we were winning - people have short memories in football and most sports, probably, but there are some people who are paid to be 'experts'.

When we play Gerrard on the right his personal stats are marginally worse than when he plays in the centre, but when we play him in the centre the team stats are worse. However, when we play Gerrard on the right the team stats are significantly better. Now as far as I know football isn't about 1 person, it's about the team.

As I said earlier, anyway, you just worry about your team and we will worry about ours!! I mean, any more of it and I would suspect that you are really obsessed with us!! :D

As I said earlier, anyway, you just worry about your team and we will worry about ours!! I mean, any more of it and I would suspect that you are really obsessed with us!! :D

Firstly I dont agree with you...

Secondly... Looking at the state your club is in, you need the entire country praying (never mind worrying about them).

Thirdly its extreamly difficult to be obsessed with a mid-table team with a negative goal difference who haven't won the league in 17 years...

No offense!