Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wez

The English Premier League

I already said i didnt know about this. Anyway he may have been a legend but still 40 is quite old to be playing competitive football.

Hmm yes, though I remember at least two players in Europe - Donato for Deportivo and Carboni for Valencia playing at that age.

I just asked if this 40 year old is worth $60000 per match.

Including the publicity? Quite possibly. He is nott playing a full season is he?

Including the publicity? Quite possibly. He is nott playing a full season is he?

No. He is only playing 4 matches which means he will earn $240000 Australian Dollars in a matter of weeks.

I already said i didnt know about this. Anyway he may have been a legend but still 40 is quite old to be playing competitive football. I just asked if this 40 year old is worth $60000 per match.

There is no doubt this has-been is one of the greatest Strikers & Brazilian footballers ever, but the simple truth is he's making an ar$ of himself still playing.

I saw a game in which he played in Brazil towards the end of last season and he was shocking and had the pace of Ross Brawn in a sprint race. In all honest I rate Teddy Shearingham higher nowadays... And hes 41!

I think all great players should do as Eric Cantona did and retire while they are on top of their game so people can remember them at their best!

I just saw this story about the 2010 World Cup

Organizers of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa prompted more questions than answers on Tuesday when they failed to show up for a news conference to discuss their readiness to host the soccer tournament.

Irvin Khoza, the chairman of South Africa's local organising committee, and other key executives had been scheduled to brief the media at 1100 GMT after a board meeting at an upscale hotel in Johannesburg.

An hour later, the executives had failed to appear and journalists walked out.

"I am as perplexed as you are. I really apologise," Tumi Makgabo, a spokeswoman for the local organizing committee, told reporters.

Since winning the right to host the tournament, South Africa has struggled to reassure FIFA officials that it can modernize a decrepit public transportation system, build new stadiums and hotels and provide security in a nation with one of the world's highest crime rates.

There have been rumours that the world governing body might move the tournament, the first World Cup to be held in Africa, to Australia if it appeared that South Africa was not making sufficient progress.

Top FIFA officials have repeatedly denied that any plan exists to shift the Cup away from South Africa.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnew...6230473,00.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me what are the odds of South Africa loosing the 2010 World Cup?

No. He is only playing 4 matches which means he will earn $240000 Australian Dollars in a matter of weeks.

I have no idea how fit he is now, if Wez is right (wish I had any faith in his word), it's a rather expensive stunt.

Can anyone tell me what are the odds of South Africa loosing the 2010 World Cup?

Virtually non existent. They spread these rumours around to give them a push, they did it for Athens too. Holding the cup in Africa is way overdue anyway.

I have no idea how fit he is now, if Wez is right (wish I had any faith in his word), it's a rather expensive stunt.

Common Cav, You know you want to ^_^

Virtually non existent. They spread these rumours around to give them a push, they did it for Athens too. Holding the cup in Africa is way overdue anyway.

Yes, dont build your hopes up Ykick, Firstly Germany will get the WC if SA cant host it, and secondly its going to happen here, some underpaid journalist is just trying to make a name for himself.

Ps. Watching Celtic vs United last night I learnt that diving to win free kicks in football is a great thing.... Celtics winner come from a free kick which came from the most blatant dive of the season. Amazingly the diver wasn't actually Italian or Portuguese... it seems this shocking virus is spreading through the game!

Yes, dont build your hopes up Ykick, Firstly Germany will get the WC if SA cant host it, and secondly its going to happen here, some underpaid journalist is just trying to make a name for himself.

I want South Africa to host the cup because i believe it will be good for the region. I also dont want Australia to get a rush job World Cup as it would take a long time to get our stadiums up to scratch as we dont have enough high capacity stadiums because of our small population. Australia is going to make a bid for the 2018 World Cup and when Australia eventually get the world cup i want us to be 100% ready.

I want South Africa to host the cup because i believe it will be good for the region. I also dont want Australia to get a rush job World Cup as it would take a long time to get our stadiums up to scratch as we dont have enough high capacity stadiums because of our small population. Australia is going to make a bid for the 2018 World Cup and when Australia eventually get the world cup i want us to be 100% ready.

Yeah, fair enough. I heard 2014 is in South America, and it would then be great to have the 2018 one in Aus.... Especially since i'll prob be living there then, I'll have to see ;)

omg romario is still playing??

yeah wez man utd were robbed and were the much better team. Glasgow went crazy last night, it was on this mornings news

Yeah, fair enough. I heard 2014 is in South America, and it would then be great to have the 2018 one in Aus.... Especially since i'll prob be living there then, I'll have to see ;)

Its years away but there is already strong competition for the 2018 World Cup. So far the leading countries are Australia, England, Canada, China and Mexico.

Australia does have a good chance as we do have a strong sporting record and i think we are the only continent other not antarctica not to host a FIFA World Cup.

Ps. Watching Celtic vs United last night I learnt that diving to win free kicks in football is a great thing.... Celtics winner come from a free kick which came from the most blatant dive of the season. Amazingly the diver wasn't actually Italian or Portuguese... it seems this shocking virus is spreading through the game!

It's already spread and has been for a while, Wez, it's just varying degrees of 'infection', I think.

It's already spread and has been for a while, Wez, it's just varying degrees of 'infection', I think.

Sad but true... As any Australian football fan will be able to tell you! They were also robbed big time in the WC by this ugly aspect of the beautiful game.

Sad but true... As any Australian football fan will be able to tell you! They were also robbed big time in the WC by this ugly aspect of the beautiful game.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

Oh don't disturb their utopian perception that only the Italians dive, or that this world cup was the first time there have been so many poor refereeing decisions :rolleyes:

Chelsea got beaten by Bremen :clap3: Everytime Chelsea is beaten, it reaffirms my faith in the game :)

They'll still go through though, unless they are beaten in their last game, and that will take a miracle.

This means Barca has simply has to win though :(

Chelsea got beaten by Bremen :clap3: Everytime Chelsea is beaten, it reaffirms my faith in the game :)

HAHA, Indeed, Talking about the Russian champions Chelski, That Robben is the biggest diver of the lot!

Oh don't disturb their utopian perception that only the Italians dive, or that this world cup was the first time there have been so many poor refereeing decisions :rolleyes:

They'll still go through though, unless they are beaten in their last game, and that will take a miracle.

This means Barca has simply has to win though :(

Chelski are already through, Cav - it's just whether they top the group or not. Barca have a bit of work to do, though.

Chelski are already through, Cav - it's just whether they top the group or not. Barca have a bit of work to do, though.

Barcelona must win on the final day to go through, Man United must get a draw.

YEs, Chelski are though but need a result to win the group.

Yes, I realised that, worst case they go through on head to head I guess, if Barca win and they lose.

Yes, I realised that, worst case they go through on head to head I guess, if Barca win and they lose.

Sorry, I must have misread your post - I thought you had said Chelski will go through unless they are beaten.

Yep, head to head they go through. I'm sure they will want to top the group after last season, though.

I don't think ykick has ever recovered fully from it, Wez!!

I never will. I now have this deep anger embedded within my very soul which makes me want to break the legs of the entire Italian Football team. :angry::furious:

No I mean I checked their results with Bremen after I posted that and realised they're through nevertheless :D

Ahh I see, okly dokly :D

I never will. I now have this deep anger embedded within my very soul which makes me want to break the legs of the entire Italian Football team. :angry::furious:

Really? I hadn't actually noticed, ykick. You should let it out more........ :lol:

italy.jpg

:PB)