Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loser Boy

Rubens Vs Jenson In 2007

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0...1871497,00.html

Rubens Barrichello is happy to be back on Bridgestone tyres after struggling to adapt to Michelin rubber last season.

Having made the move from Ferrari to Honda last year, Barrichello also had to get used to new rubber, Michelin rubber.

However, the Brazilian battled to make the adjustment and even though he finished behind his team-mate, Jenson Button, in the standings, he scored 26 points less than the Brit.

This year, though, it will be Button's turn to get used to new tyres as all the teams will be using Bridgestone rubber, which Barrichello is delighted with.

"I definitely see that the tyres, although you can see the difference from 2005, they are the same kind of animal," Barrichello said at the team's 2007 car launch in Barcelona.

"When I first came into the team (last year) I said that it would take a long time for me to adapt to the tyres, and it was true.

"But as soon as I drove the car on Bridgestones - especially because the team had put a lot of effort in terms of suspensions, in terms of aerodynamics, to compensate for the lose of grip... so as soon as I drove the Bridgestones, my feeling was that it was something that I know."

Well, does this mean Rubens will outperform & outscore Jenson in 2007 at least?

I love Rubens, and I hope he does well. Although I like Jenson too. Tough choice, but Rubens has been at it so long, he deserves a good season.

I don't think it will make that much difference. Jense will beat Rubinho convincingly again, as he was doing at the end of last season.

I don't think it will make that much difference. Jense will beat Rubinho convincingly again, as he was doing at the end of last season.

Indeed.

Barrichello might be closer to jense this year but outperform and beat him? Highly unlikely!

I'd be hardly surprised if switching to B/S tyres suddenly meant Rubens started outperforming jenson. Last year Rubens was full of excuses and was soundly beaten all year, even when he was apparently 'used to the car'. I think Jenson will beat him even more in 07

Barrichello might be closer to jense this year but outperform and beat him? Highly unlikely!

+1 Agreed.

My thoughts too.

Ditto. I predicted Rubens to out-perform Button and was very, very wrong. I'll not make that mistake again. Button over Rubens.

Yeah, like others have said, I think he will improve, but I don't think he'll out-do Jenson, Well I certainly hope he doesn't. lol He is ageing afterall though.

Jenson will beat Rubens overall, but I expect Rubens to be closer in a few more races, rather than just one or two.

No matter who score more points. Does matter if they help each other to score more points for Honda than in 2006. And 2004.

I'll back Jenson to beat Rubens in 07. Jenson is on the rise and sadly Rubens star is slowly fading. I still expect it to be a close contest.

Last year JB's fastest race lap was on average .286 faster than RB, so the gap between them last year was not that great in terms of outright race pace, it's just that JB was IMO a more consistant faster driver than RB in 06.

I'll back Jenson to beat Rubens in 07. Jenson is on the rise and sadly Rubens star is slowly fading. I still expect it to be a close contest.

Last year season JB fastest race lap was on average .286 faster than RB, so the gap between them last year was not that great in terms of outright race pace, it's just that JB was IMO a more consistant faster driver than RB in 06.

I've always thought the early part of the season saw Rubens having to cope with TC and braking issues. Once those were sorted, he was terminally behind Jenson. I still think Button will come out ahead, but perhaps the points gap won't be as dramatic.

I've always thought the early part of the season saw Rubens having to cope with TC and braking issues. Once those were sorted, he was terminally behind Jenson. I still think Button will come out ahead, but perhaps the points gap won't be as dramatic.

I agree, Rubens driving style relies heavily on TC compared to Jenson. So with the Honda TC not in the same league as Ferrari's, this really hurt Rubens badly.

Ditto. I predicted Rubens to out-perform Button and was very, very wrong. I'll not make that mistake again. Button over Rubens.

cant imagine why u ever predicted that in the first place :D

cant imagine why u ever predicted that in the first place :D

I hope Mike's hopes and predictions for a certain young man don't let him down this year.....

I hope Mike's hopes and predictions for a certain young man don't let him down this year.....

I hope his prediction is wrong again and also hope Button leaves F1 before the end of the year too becomes a transvestite nun in Las Vegas.

I hope his prediction is wrong again and also hope Button leaves F1 before the end of the year too becomes a transvestite nun in Las Vegas.

:clap3:

Do you know something about DC's retirement plans that we don't?