Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Awwwww

McLaren forced to deny more rumours

Thursday 30th August 2007

McLaren have denied claims that Lewis Hamilton's tyre failure in Turkey was the result of Fernando Alonso keeping data from his team-mate.

According to The Daily Mirror newspaper, Alonso took steps in Istanbul to ensure that his team-mate wasn't privilege to any of his car's data or to his set-up for the grand prix.

The tabloid went on say that it is believed that 'if Hamilton's side of the McLaren garage had been able to emulate his team-mate's settings in Istanbul, the [tyre] blow would never have occurred.'

However, the Woking team has strongly denied this.

"It's totally untrue. We continue to have total transparency in the team," said team spokesman Ellen Kolby.

Source

********************************************************************************

Next on Daily Mirror: "Alonso, is he Saddam Hussein minus the moustache?"

Lol, as my friend Halfie said to me, next rumour will be that Alonso burned Hamilton's tyres with a blowtorch. Did they have to say it wasn't true? I thought it was transparent enough...

Alonso To Toyota

Yep, that's our F1 channel giving you the best news ever...

Riiiiight.

How do they make such a big deal about "Toyota says they'd like to have Alonso"...well, so would I, and so would every team...I'm sure Spyker wants him, too.

Breaking news!

Jean Todt denied rumoirs linking the Kennedy killings with Kimi: "Oui, he loves shots, but not that kind of shots, the tequila ones". He also said that he would love to have Senna in his team which has raised some speculation that Senna might have found a way to sign a contract from the afterworld. According to the media, a medium was contacted and Senna accepted a 5 year contract with the Maranello based team by knocking twice.

Breaking news!

Jean Todt denied rumoirs linking the Kennedy killings with Kimi: "Oui, he loves shots, but not that kind of shots, the tequila ones". He also said that he would love to have Senna in his team which has raised some speculation that Senna might have found a way to sign a contract from the afterworld. According to the media, a medium was contacted and Senna accepted a 5 year contract with the Maranello based team by knocking twice.

:lol: Excellent!

It is quite amazing what some sources will report as 'news', when it is in fact stating the obvious - perhaps with F1 it stems from a lack of understanding? As long as it keeps them off the streets though, eh?

Breaking news!

Are you serious? Can you post a link? :lol:

Breaking news!

That is so funny :lol::lol: