Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Heath Ledger Dead.

post-1048-1201094005.jpg

Heath Ledger

1979-2008

Actor Heath Ledger, the gifted leading man acclaimed for his role as a gay cowboy in the film "Brokeback Mountain," was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on Tuesday, possibly of a drug overdose, police said.

The Australian-born Ledger, 28, was found face down at the foot of the bed by a housekeeper at his apartment in the SoHo neighborhood, police spokesman Paul Browne said.

Screen star Mel Gibson, who starred alongside Ledger in the film "The Patriot," said his thoughts and prayers were with the younger actor's family.

"I had such great hope for him," Gibson said in a statement released by his publicist. "He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss."

Ledger was nominated for an Academy Award as best lead actor for 2005's "Brokeback Mountain," but the Oscar went to Philip Seymour Hoffman for his role as Truman Capote. Ledger did win a New York Film Critics Circle award for the role.

The handsome star last year broke up with actress Michelle Williams, who played his wife in "Brokeback" and was the real-life mother of their 2-year-old daughter, Matilda.

He once said he was ready to die because he could live on in his child.

"Having a child changes every aspect of your life -- for the better, of course. The sacrifices are large, but what you get in return is even bigger than the sacrifices you make. I feel, in a sense, ready to die because you are living on in your child," Ledger told In Touch Weekly in November.

Shocked Australians were on Wednesday mourning the death of actor Heath Ledger in a New York apartment possibly from a drug overdose, but his family said the death was a tragic accident.

Ledger, 28, the gifted leading man acclaimed for his role as a gay cowboy in the film "Brokeback Mountain", was found naked at the foot of the bed by his housekeeper in what police said was a possible drug overdose. An autopsy is to be conducted.

"We, Heath's family, can confirm the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda," his father Kim said, reading from a statement outside the family home in Perth, in Western Australia.

Ledger's mother Sally and sister Kate gathered with Kim Ledger at the family's suburban home and said they wanted to be left to grieve in private.

"We would like to thank our friends and everyone around the world for their well-wishes and kind thoughts at this time," Kim Ledger said.

"Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life that few had the pleasure of truly knowing him," he said.

People and neighbors left flowers and cards outside the house where Ledger spent much of December and January on holiday visiting friends.

What a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to his family," actress and fellow Australian Nicole Kidman said.

He is currently starring in "I'm Not There", one of several actors playing a role representing Bob Dylan, and was due to appear as The Joker in the next Batman film.

He was a young boy in many ways, still a boy when he left Perth and got into this whirlwind of his career," said Neil Armfield, who directed Ledger in the 2006 Australian romantic drama Candy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brave Heath..........May you Rest In Eternal Peace.

If it was because of drug overdose, must say that it was totally reckless.

I read that Christopher Nolan, the director of "Dark Knight", praised Ledger's performance as the Joker. It may be his best performance but sadly, he won't be around to accept the accolades for his last performance.

Didn't read the article, so I don't know if it mentions this, but:

He had pneumonia. Sleeping pills + pneumonia pills = bad mix.

Either that or, he did admit to taking too many sleeping pills because they didn't work, and they just shut down your system, and having difficulty breathing, and then just basically passing out, is also a bad mix.

But speculating on cause of death is always a stupid thing to do. RIP.

When I found out I was gutted.

He was a pretty good actor and for what he did in Brokeback (never seen it) takes alot of balls.

I was really looking forward to seeing him in the Dark Night as the Joker as he seemed to be doing the role amazingly.

Just a shame it was his last film, no doubt he could of won an award of some sort. Died way too young aswell.

R.I.P.

I'd rather mourn over a commoner.

Sad news. I really liked him he was a awesome actor.

My heart goes out to his two year old daughter Matilda.

May you rest in peace Heath

I heard somehwere the Westboro Baptist Church are going to be protesting at his memorial service in America. Im not usually a advocate of voilence but i hope someone beats them to death with a shovel. They really are the scum of the universe.

I heard somehwere the Westboro Baptist Church are going to be protesting at his memorial service in America. Im not usually a advocate of voilence but i hope someone beats them to death with a shovel. They really are the scum of the universe.

I heard that too.

"Well Officer, my car's gay so it took offense to them protesting."

"Innocent"

I heard that too.

"Well Officer, my car's gay so it took offense to them protesting."

"Innocent"

Originally they said that they were going to protest at his funeral but then the dingbats found out that his funeral was going to be in Australia and if they try and preach their hate messages in Australia they will be arrested as we have more stricked freedom of speech laws.

Originally they said that they were going to protest at his funeral but then the dingbats found out that his funeral was going to be in Australia and if they try and preach their hate messages in Australia they will be arrested as we have more stricked freedom of speech laws.

They've been to Iraq, they would probably go there too.

He was a pretty good actor and for what he did in Brokeback (never seen it) takes alot of balls.

It wasn't as graphic as that........