Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Teixeira Gets Told By Mallya!

A1 GP boss Tony Teixeira has recently stated that he has no interest in becoming part of the Formula One scene due to the banning of customer cars in the series. Originally he had hoped to buy one of the smaller teams, such as Toro Rosso, so that he could help promote the starts of the A1Gp championship into the pinnacle of Motorsports.

When making his comments, Teixeira also told Reuters that the Force India F1 team is not sending the correct signals to their young racers in the way that A1GP does as in A1GP it is possible for India to win, but in F1, a podium finish at best is still a very long way off and even then, he is not using Indian drivers on the team.

In retaliation to this, Force India team boss, Vijay Mallya issues the following statement

Yeah no one in India i know cares a damn about A1 GP, but Force India even normal people would hear about it and read the headlines...

I've read two articles with his opinion on things and he seems a great guy indeed! I like his ways, do you think that with one sound head FI might make something good in a couple of years?

I've read two articles with his opinion on things and he seems a great guy indeed! I like his ways, do you think that with one sound head FI might make something good in a couple of years?

I have my hopes up for this... He seems to me like and upcoming (wannabe) Frank Williams, who is really interested in the sport and wants to make good of this team... He has managed to make F a lower mid field car in a few months and i think in a few years it could very well be a mid field car... I think in 2009 with the rule changes, they are partly also working on the new car rather than this one...

There will be making their own gearbox from 09 onwards and will rely on Ferrari for KERS, which will save them some investment and after a couple of years poach poeple from other teams to create their own KERS as well...

EDIT: After he entered F1 and after reading more about his statements and stuff, i have come to respect the guy who i thought earlier was just a flashy reckless guy (he gave his son, as a graduation present a whole new airline company, who had just finished Hotel managment)....

Well, being flashy and reckless are not incompatible with being respectable, hehe^^

Well, being flashy and reckless are not incompatible with being respectable, hehe^^

Well they, to me, are. I can't respect people that much when they move around in riches but rather i like to respect simple people like our ex-president of India(Abdul Kallam), current PM, (Manmohan Singh) and Warren Buffet...

Yeah no one in India i know cares a damn about A1 GP, but Force India even normal people would hear about it and read the headlines...

Mallya is Indian version of Flavio with atleast twice the money and girls! :D

Mallya is Indian version of Flavio with atleast twice the money and girls! :D

Hahaha, yay for Indians then? xD

You can come and join the fun.... :D

Only if I don't have to be one of Mallya's girls! :D

I agree with Mallya, the man talks sense, I like him.

I agree with you, that you are on of his girls! :P