Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Bahrain Grand Prix

Well, apparently the Ferraris are actually the best cars this weekend, which I am sure will make a lot of people happy, mostly those who kept saying that the Ferraris were always the best but blah blah blah...This time, at least, they have facts to back it up. Nontheless, there's always the possiblity that RBR is stronger, as they usually don't show their true pace until qualy. And, of course, only a fool would ignore the Poochies and Kimi, my personal bet for this year's championship.

Lewis is finally having your regular Mercedes weekend, regretfully.

Qualy in 5 mins. Let's see how this unfolds.

Nice pole by Rosberg, but expect him to finish 3rd at best. Massa, starting on hard tires, could spring a surprise. Disappointed with Kimi's quali, but he'll fight his way up. Seems to be a straight battle between Seb & Alonso for #1.

Yep. It's hard to imagine anyone other than Vettel or Alonso winning tomorrow. I'd be pleasantly surprised, though. Should be a good one.

...and thanks for Kimi for giving us a disinformation strategy, he fooled us all there with his time on Friday practice and pulled it off quite nicely.

bloody P9! *mumble mumble*

Have I ever told you that I've never won a bet in my entire life, though? dam.gif

Here, I'll help.

I'll bet you that 49-year-old MotoGP, Formula 3000, and CART reject Marco Greco replaces Sergio Pérez by Monaco. Assuming you don't believe this will be the case (I can understand, it could certainly happen in Canada instead), and bet that he won't, we can agree that the winner of the bet will have the right to list "Argentina" as his location. The loser will have to use some other location.

High stakes, I know, but maybe it will increase your confidence to make ridiculous predictions in the future, and then I won't have to feel so bad about predicting Vettel would never win a Grand Prix, and that Brawn wouldn't score a single point in 2009.

I'll bet you that 49-year-old MotoGP, Formula 3000, and CART reject Marco Greco replaces Sergio Pérez by Monaco. Assuming you don't believe this will be the case (I can understand, it could certainly happen in Canada instead), and bet that he won't, we can agree that the winner of the bet will have the right to list "Argentina" as his location. The loser will have to use some other location.

:D No, no, no. The bet should be that Jacques Villeneuve comes back to F1 by Monaco. If he doesn't, Andres restores his confidence in betting and if he does..... http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10953&view=findpost&p=308432

...and thanks for Kimi for giving us a disinformation strategy, he fooled us all there with his time on Friday practice and pulled it off quite nicely.

bloody P9! *mumble mumble*

:D This might help explain http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/04/the-mystery-of-raikkonens-missing-pace/ - may be his race pace will overcome the grid position

This is it. The moment we were waiting for all our lives.

The race that would go down in the history books as THE race. One of those moments that defines both the present and the future for all mankind.

Well, not exactly, but it's still 5 mins till the race and I had to type something.

Well that was rather disappointing, although I must say that the race was terrific in terms of battles on track. Just not the result I wanted :D

What an awesome race!

Bahrain 2006 was my first ever Grand Prix, and now Bahrain 2013 was the first Grand Prix I got to watch flag-to-flag, as UniMás showed the race without any ad breaks. Finally! Now I understand why you guys love the BBC etc. You don't realize how much you miss when 45 minutes of a 90 minute race is spent selling cheap car insurance.

Beyond that, wow. Sergio Pérez and Romain Grosjean were highlights today; both finally looked a little bit more like what they used to look like. Slightly out-of-control, but fun. Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber was great, too. Both Pérez and Webber had some questionable blocks, so I figured that's worth saying before I praise them too much. There is a line between being a relentless racing driver and being unsafe. I am not the one to make the call about whether or not it was crossed, as it's easy to say, "wow, that looked awesome, they were going so fast and pulled that off," but judging by the result of something isn't always the fairest thing to do. Tough to say, but it was fun.

Dreadful day for Ferrari, but at least Alonso made something happen. I'm confused as to why they never changed the wing on Massa's car. It seemed to me that his excessive tire wear was caused by a lack of front downforce more than anything (obviously, the rear wheel thing was another story). That first stop on lap 11, when they couldn't get anything out of the hard tires, should have just been a signal to get a new wing on and try to score points. Again, easy to judge things by the result, but even in the moment, I would have thought a wing change was due.

So, then there's Räikkönen. He's really making it work with Lotus and these tire strategies. Cool.

I saved Vettel for last because I don't even know what you can say about a guy who made up a pit stop-and-a-half on everyone else. The guy was just untouchable today, and let's not forget how exciting his race with Alonso and Rosberg was in those first 3-4 laps. Excellent drive; one of the best individual performances of the season so far, I thought.

Well, another great race for me. I liked that one a lot. So much going on, and I didn't miss a single second of it. Perfect.

Pretty exciting race. I didn't nod off even once.

Superb drive by Vettel. Unless Lotus sorts out its qualifying woes and Ferrari gets its act together, he'll not face any obstacle in #4.

Pleased to see Kimi & Romain on the podium.

Good show by di Resta. Abysmal one by Rosberg; he has no race pace whatsoever.

Nice damage limitation by Alonso.

I have to agree with JB that Perez was way too aggressive and was a contributing factor to his tyre wear. But, hey, what do you want the guy to do? Whitmarsh tells Checo to get with the program and he does. You can't blame him for that. At the same time, there is a fine line that probably wasn't explained succincly enough. On the other hand, Checo didn't have the same tyre wear problems and once again we see Jenson failing to come to grips with a problem car. This is the worst McLaren performance I have ever seen and radical solutions must be pursued. Renault - sorry, Lotus obviously do benefit from the fact that Pirelli use the the RB30 for testing but mercedes are eating them. It's a lot of fun for some people but for me, F1 is a performance challenge between car designers and drivers. Now we have something akin to a TV game show and I find it a massive turn off. Teams will not continue to invest at the level they currently do if the WCC is all to be decided on the delusional whims of a decrepit ringmaster. F1 is certainly a modern circus in every sense - just a sham with all the magnificent beasts regulated away.

Wow! Go Perez

Yes sir! You can say that again. I can't remember the last time I saw such a performance. A few more like that one and he will be my favorite driver. He really looked like Gilles at times. Agressive yet in perfect control IMHO. Very few drivers could have pulled it off like he did. Plus, he showed that he is not intimidated by Button.

I have to agree with JB that Perez was way too aggressive

Too agressive? Is there such a thing when you finish ahead of your famed team mate and show develish driving habilities to finish where no one expected you?

Sorry, I have to disagree and hope he does it again, and again.

Perez was very aggressive and determined, that truly is commendable. The last time I saw such aggression and determined racing was when Vettel finished ahead of his team mate in Malaysia.

Perez was fun, but messy. For the moment, it's what he needed to do. But it's not what he needs to keep doing, if he wants to be respected by the team and the other drivers. There is a line between being anonymous on the track and being too aggressive to the point of being reckless, and generally none of the top drivers are that clumsy in their aggression as Checo was in that race (though they may have been when learning). I'm definitely not ready to proclaim him anywhere close to the driver Button usually is, based on one race, but I hope this is the start of some better performances that he's surely capable of.

Sorry, I just love to ruin things :P

The message Massa got right before his first puncture:

"Felipe, Fernando is unluckier than you."

The message Massa got right before his first puncture:

"Felipe, Fernando is unluckier than you."

And his response was "No, I can beat him on that"

After the race,

Rob Smedly "Fe-nom-in-a-le, Felipe baby"