Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Diy Question

Recommended Posts

I'm buying a wall cupboard for my kitchen, but havent done this before - can anyone tell me what I need to fix it to the wall (obviously screws and spirit level), any certain type of brackets?

Hoping there may be someone who's done it themselves in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How old is your house, Jem? And is it an external or internal wall that you'll be fixing the cupboard onto?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a 1930's semi, its an internal wall and I think its NOT plasterboard, although i havent checked recently so i cant remember for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its a 1930's semi, its an internal wall and I think its NOT plasterboard, although i havent checked recently so i cant remember for sure

Why don't you knock and check what its made of?

I remember buying a cupboard from IKEA, and it was a nightmare assembling the pieces! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's almost certainly a solid brick wall then. Are there any fixing brackets included with the cupboard? If not then you'll probably need to fix the carcass directly to the wall, but don't do it through the hardboard backing. Rawlplugs and a masonry drill bit you will need and it'll help if you have a hammer drill. Go here for a few tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As far as I was aware, once anything is bought from an IKEA store then it's impossible to get out of the building.

The funny thing is when you buy something from the store, you have to go into the warehouse yourself, get it off the shelf, and load it onto a big trolley. Surely people must injure themselves then sue for compensation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm buying a wall cupboard for my kitchen, but havent done this before - can anyone tell me what I need to fix it to the wall (obviously screws and spirit level), any certain type of brackets?

Hoping there may be someone who's done it themselves in the past.

Well????

How did you make out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well????

How did you make out?

I can hear a faint scream...sounds like a man trapped in a wall cupboard...nah it's probably my imagination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can hear a faint scream...sounds like a man trapped in a wall cupboard...nah it's probably my imagination.

:lol:

I bet Jem's wife comes home to find a poster on the wall where the cupboard was going to go. There is no sign of Jem. She searches high and low but to no avail. Suddenly, out of rage, she throws a kitchen condiment at the poster, only to see it dissapear through the wall.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:lol:

I bet Jem's wife comes home to find a poster on the wall where the cupboard was going to go. There is no sign of Jem. She searches high and low but to no avail. Suddenly, out of rage, she throws a kitchen condiment at the poster, only to see it dissapear through the wall.........

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have patience comrades, I havent done it yet! Most likely going to be in february just cos of spare time needed on weekends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have patience comrades, I havent done it yet! Most likely going to be in february just cos of spare time needed on weekends, side impact tests, homologation, whether to use KERS, new sponsors coming on board (eyew, did I say that?), chassis rig tests, testing slicks for the first time in a while, new aero regs, logistics.... y'know, all the usual stuff at the start of a season................

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have patience comrades, I havent done it yet! Most likely going to be in february just cos of spare time needed on weekends

Sounds to me like someone is stalling. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds to me like someone is stalling. :lol:

Surely the Warden will put him in solitary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the DIY store today where I'd seen the wall cabinet I wanted, and the bloody thing isnt there any more, out of stock! So yet another postponement. No matter though, I went to my parents instead and ate enchiladas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Went to the DIY store today where I'd seen the wall cabinet I wanted, and the bloody thing isnt there any more, out of stock! So yet another postponement. No matter though, I went to my parents instead and ate enchiladas

Sorry about that, maure broke out of the cabinet I had him locked in, so I had to get a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...