Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Renault Under Investigation?

In a shocking twist on this news story, I understand that news is coming out that Renault actually instructed Piquet to race competitively last season against the other drivers. Pat Symonds denies team involvement and said that Piquet suggested that he should drive fast and overtake, but they did not come to a conclusion. It appears that Piquet may have decided to try to race other cars himself but there is little evidence of whether he did or not and whether this was deliberate :)

Flavio rubbished the claims, saying "we never discussed Piquet driving competitively, he did it himself".

FIA would not comment on the story but did say that if a driver did start to race other cars and overtake, they may have to change the rules to prevent recurrences :D

In a shocking twist on this news story, I understand that news is coming out that Renault actually instructed Piquet to race competitively last season against the other drivers. Pat Symonds denies team involvement and said that Piquet suggested that he should drive fast and overtake, but they did not come to a conclusion. It appears that Piquet may have decided to try to race other cars himself but there is little evidence of whether he did or not and whether this was deliberate :)

Flavio rubbished the claims, saying "we never discussed Piquet driving competitively, he did it himself".

FIA would not comment on the story but did say that if a driver did start to race other cars and overtake, they may have to change the rules to prevent recurrences :D

:lol:

You forgot to mention Flavio's defense saying that when Piquet was actually competitive (was it Silverstone last year?) he looked surprised so he obviously wasn't involved.

Ha ha very funny sad.gif

@AleHop: I consulted...

Nelsinho's confirmed that he didn't meet Briatore and Symonds that day, it was Mr. Piquet who met Dennis and Whitmarsh. eusa_think.gif

Alonso says he only exchanged one sentence with Piquet Jr.: If you gonna show your skills, do it properly. eusa_think.gif

Bernie warned Nelsinho of the very hot seat his a$$ he was on and told him not to crash on the formation lap. eusa_think.gif

Mosley is investigating why NOTW haven't got a tape and he will tell the WMSC to ban F1 until that issue is solved. eusa_think.gif

Ha ha very funny :(

@AleHop: I consulted with my lawyer (it was Shaliq's recommendation, so I ended up getting a Mufti instead of a regular lawyer. We won't be able to avoid any charges, but at least we will comply with Al Quran's law). Anyways, here's our strategy:

1) Mudslinging other teams: "Hey, everybody is jumping over Renault's throat, but why isn't anybody commenting on RBR's continuous unsafe releases from the pits? That's mob lynching!"

2) Denial: "The fact that Symmonds told Piquet to crash does not mean anything. They are innocent until proven otherwise"

3) The Family Reunion defense: "Oh yeah? And what about that time when Schumi parked his car/Senna pushed Prost/Prost pushed Senna/Lewis used a crane/Sutil ran like a girl?"

4) The Cynical Defense move: "Aww stop crying you sissies! Everybody cheats, after all!"

5) The "Haha I'm a good sport, I make jokes when my team gets caught with its pants down": :whistling:

:clap3:

I remember the mob Lynching I got headed by Maure, later joined by our beloved Mod, Bruce...(where the hell is he) when Lewis and Mclaren were in trouble...

Face the music Andres...Face it like a man.....Reno cheated..:P

Nelsinho's confirmed that he didn't meet Briatore and Symonds that day, it was Mr. Piquet who met Dennis and Whitmarsh.

Your fetish for Ron Dennis and Antony Hamilton never dies! :P

Im lazy to transcript all but i got a translation to portuguese of the testimonial nels wrote at fia. http://esporte.ig.com.br/grandepremio/formula1/2009/09/10/nelsinho+confirma+armacao+em+cingapura+a+pedido+de+symonds+em+depoimento+a+fia+8351986.html

he says he didnt have a contract, but they insisted them to sign an option in terms he couldnt negotiatie w other teams, so he was fragile and insecure (lol)

so when they asked him to crash in that point, they didnt tell him hed get a contract, but he understood it would happen as it did

they never spoke bout it again, w flavio just saying thanks after race

the engineer didnt know bout it, he asked if smthg went wrong, nels denied but he thinks he noticced it was on purpose because he didnt use brakes, just accelerated, what can b notice don telemetry.

his father just came to know long after cus he told a family friend, who informed him of it.

as for safety, he was only told by Pat to be 'careful' with no frther safety info, what he understood as 'dont hurt urself'.

and its not on document but article confirms nando didnt know

found:

Full statement given by Nelsinho Piquet to the FIA regarding the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix:

I, Nelson Angelo Piquet, born July 25, 1985 in Heidelberg, Germany...say as follows:

1. Except as otherwise stated, the facts and statements contained in this Statement are based on facts and matters within my knowledge. I believe such facts and statements contained in this Statement to be true and correct. Where any facts or statements are not within my own knowledge, they are true to the best of my knowledge and belief and, where appropriate, I indicate the source of that knowledge and belief.

2. I make this Statement voluntarily to the FIA and for the purposes of allowing the FIA to exercise its supervisory and regulatory functions with regard to the FIA Formula One World Championship.

3. I am aware that there is a duty upon all participants in the FIA Formula One World Championship and all Super Licence holders to ensure the fairness and legitimacy of the Championship and I am aware that serious consequences could follow if I were to provide the FIA with any false or misleading statement.

4. I understand that my complete statement has been recorded on audio tape and that a full transcript of my audio recording will be made available to me and the FIA. The present document constitutes a summary of the main points made during my full oral statement.

5. I wish to bring the following facts to the FIA

:lol: I agree with you, I can hear Alonso saying "that was a team strategy, they didn't tell me anything about it, I fisrt heard about it on the press"

I knew he would say something like that, now he is surprised to hear about this, but he didn't say if he was surprised about the team fixing the crash or surprised about this being on the news when it was suppose to be a secret. http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/318767/Q_and_A_with_Fernando_Alonso/

found:

According to this he knew about it "This would allow Mr. Alonso to overtake as many (heavier) cars as possible, knowing that those cars would have difficulty catching up with him later in the race due to the later deployment of the safety car. This strategy was successful and Mr. Alonso won the 2008 Formula One Grand Prix of Singapore."

There goes your great driver. :naughty:

Flavio brought Fernando to Renault in a short contract by the terms he'd offer him a winner car. He didn't have a winner car, Flavio made it win. That's it.

Flavio brought Fernando to Renault in a short contract by the terms he'd offer him a winner car. He didn't have a winner car, Flavio made it win. That's it.

maybe but...Alonso was suppose to develop the car like "he did" at Mclaren or didn't he? and by the article you posted HE knew about the crash strategy so he is as glity as the rest and it's a shame that a driver with his "skills" is doing something like this.

I think Piquet is gonna try & get revenge on Flabbio & Renault for being sacked because he's a useless driver!

the main thing is that useless or not that crash strategy should have never happened and like we say in spanish "cuando el rio suena es porque piedras trae" "when the river sound is because is carring rock" something like that.

which article? the brazilian one says on last line 'confirms that Fernando Alonso didn't have knowledge of what happened in Singapore.

which article? the brazilian one says on last line 'confirms that Fernando Alonso didn't have knowledge of what happened in Singapore.

check the post #86 where you can find this:

10. Mr. Symonds also told me which exact lap to cause the incident upon, so that a strategy could deployed for my team-mate Mr. Fernando Alonso to refuel at the pit shortly before the deployment of the safety car, which he indeed did during lap twelve. The key to this strategy resided in the fact that the near-knowledge that the safety car would be deployed in lap thirteen/fourteen allowed the Team to start Mr. Alonso

repeating, the info brazilian press has and that probably came from nels himself is that fernando did not know itd happen. youre interpretating the text by your own will. also fernando is the best driver in the grid in my opinion considering the rest of them now, but im not his fan and i dont give a damn if he knew or not, his problem.

repeating, the info brazilian press has and that probably came from nels himself is that fernando did not know itd happen. youre interpretating the text by your own will. also fernando is the best driver in the grid in my opinion considering the rest of them now, but im not his fan and i dont give a damn if he knew or not, his problem.

I know you are not his fan but I am no interpretating anything, I just read and post the part I found interesting, the one that says that he knew about it, I didn't change a single letter and I am not trying to explain what is says there I just say that according to that part, he knew he had to overtake those cars KNOWING that THEY would have diffculties trying to catch up with him AFTER the SC, after reading this I just can find two possible answers to this 1-He knew about it and 2-He knows the future and is the second point is true then the fisrt point is true too.

check the post #86 where you can find this:

[blah, blah, bollocking comments, blah]

You are either joking or blind as a bat. Not a single word in that sentence hints that Alonso knew anything about it. As far as we all know at this stage, Alonso is as responsible as Nico Rosberg. Piquet does not mention once in his statement anything that could imply that Nando was aware of it, and I am pretty sure that if he suspected any knowledge from Nando about this manoeuvre he would have mentioned that.

In my opinion, either Piquet did this on his own (10% probabilities, mostly because the guy seems really THAT stupid) or (90%) Symmonds, with or without Flavio's consent, "hinted" him to do so. I don't think they would have needed to inform Alonso of this. It would not have helped them to include more people into this.

Complete analysis on some future post. Briefly: in any case Piquet screwed himself royally and I am not sure what for. Renault's corporate image will be screwed no matter the outcome. Flavio's takeover in case of a pullout from Renault is at stake, Symmonds will take most of the guilt if things go wrong, Alonso's move to Ferrari will probably suffer a delay and maybe even a cancellation if this keeps growing. I can't see any outcome in which Renault will end being more guilty than Piquet, though, unless Mosley decides to get back at Flav for all the humiliatons in the past.

You are either joking or blind as a bat. Not a single word in that sentence hints that Alonso knew anything about it. As far as we all know at this stage, Alonso is as responsible as Nico Rosberg. Piquet does not mention once in his statement anything that could imply that Nando was aware of it, and I am pretty sure that if he suspected any knowledge from Nando about this manoeuvre he would have mentioned that.

In my opinion, either Piquet did this on his own (10% probabilities, mostly because the guy seems really THAT stupid) or (90%) Symmonds, with or without Flavio's consent, "hinted" him to do so. I don't think they would have needed to inform Alonso of this. It would not have helped them to include more people into this.

Complete analysis on some future post. Briefly: in any case Piquet screwed himself royally and I am not sure what for. Renault's corporate image will be screwed no matter the outcome. Flavio's takeover in case of a pullout from Renault is at stake, Symmonds will take most of the guilt if things go wrong, Alonso's move to Ferrari will probably suffer a delay and maybe even a cancellation if this keeps growing. I can't see any outcome in which Renault will end being more guilty than Piquet, though, unless Mosley decides to get back at Flav for all the humiliatons in the past.

Did you really read the part that I am talking about? and if you really did can you explain it to me please? maybe I am missing something here but you can make me understand it the way you do.