Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

"Current F1 Field Is Best Ever"?

The problem with really outlandish theories is that the only proof is often that "it would make sense if this were the case." Yes, it would make sense that the FIA wanted a new champion every year and the drivers are all actors and the thrilling conclusions of 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010 were all scripted. Ask for anything to support that claim and I couldn't find you it.

Thrilling?

Amusing.

After Schumacher took it all year after year, it appeared desirable to have a new champion every season. The fad will end when it cashes out. Then, the business will script up a different fad...

Stay with us, Truman.

Thrilling?

Amusing.

Oh yes, I remember, it's all a conspiracy that the FIA were so worried about what would happen to the sport after what happened in Bahrain, they paid journalists millions to brain wash us into thinking it was incredibly excitement when really it was really dull and tedious! I get it now!

Seriously, forget your bias and just enjoy some good racing.

F1 today IS rubbish

Don't watch it then. Oh, I forgot. That's a far too simple proposition for some people to handle. It's our right to watch it and it's truly disgusting if every race isn't a 50 car battle for the lead with Tum Chilton winning for AON Frod!!!!!!

Amongst the top teams the talent level is brilliant, but the trends towards lower teams using pay drivers concerns me a bit, as you don't really get progression of talent, and most of what has came up from the junior formulae since Lewis have been pretty average drivers really. Granted, Lewis is a hard act to follow, but this coupled with the lack of testing makes me feel that less talent will come up in the coming years

Most of them are driving pretty average cars. Young drivers and talent is not the problem, new championship material every year is unrealistic.

Stay with us, Truman.

Amusing.

Oh yes, I remember, it's all a conspiracy that the FIA were so worried about what would happen to the sport after what happened in Bahrain, they paid journalists millions to brain wash us into thinking it was incredibly excitement when really it was really dull and tedious! I get it now!

All you have claimed and will again claim dirty dealing at one point or another... which, generally speaking, happens most of the time. The list of questionable decisions (choose your x-gate, for instance) is as long as an arm and a half. Color in the lines or pretend otherwise. Equally amusing to me.

Seriously, forget your bias and just enjoy some good racing.

It is only bias when you claim one thing and the same opposite depending on the driver. Read above.

Don't watch it then. Oh, I forgot. That's a far too simple proposition for some people to handle. It's our right to watch it and it's truly disgusting if every race isn't a 50 car battle for the lead with Tum Chilton winning for AON Frod!!!!!!

I enjoy the racing when it takes place. When it doesn't I do as all you do, I speak up as well as three things you guys don't do, I laugh, I don't forget, and I call them all regardless of driver.

Most of them are driving pretty average cars. Young drivers and talent is not the problem, new championship material every year is unrealistic.

Not exactly unrealistic. Just the mechanics of the business.

The hype requires certain assumptions that don't hold. For instance, it requires the dogma that F1 is the best motorsport competition in the world and that, therefore, F1 drivers are the best in the world. It isn't. They aren't. F1 drivers are the ones that got there (by whatever means, for whatever reason). If true talent (and everything that comes with it) were the key decision element, many drivers would be dropped in a second and most others would be assigned to different teams according to their true skills not based on whose daddy's in the manager of driver Y or... well. Look it up if it matters to you.

F1 is not the realization of a fairy tale of driving talent, it is just a business... and a show business at that. The creed is the need for audiences and the method is that any audience (as long as it is large) would do, no matter how little they care about motorsport.

Like the odd random 70-year-old lady said in a bus prior to a GP: "It's good it'll rain this weekend, driver X is the best in the rain". That is, pulp news for the masses to parrot unthinkingly.

The hype requires certain assumptions that don't hold. For instance, it requires the dogma that F1 is the best motorsport competition in the world and that, therefore, F1 drivers are the best in the world. It isn't. They aren't. F1 drivers are the ones that got there (by whatever means, for whatever reason). If true talent (and everything that comes with it) were the key decision element, many drivers would be dropped in a second and most others would be assigned to different teams according to their true skills not based on whose daddy's in the manager of driver Y or... well. Look it up if it matters to you.

F1 is not the realization of a fairy tale of driving talent, it is just a business... and a show business at that. The creed is the need for audiences and the method is that any audience (as long as it is large) would do, no matter how little they care about motorsport.

F1 is a business more than a sport but it has provide very good drivers in the last decade. I think we can't really complain about how talented drivers are: Raikkonen, Montoya, Alonso, Button, Kubica, Hamilton, Vettel, Kobayashi... I wish true talent were the most important thing for a team to hire a driver but money is mandatory to keep an F1 team racing and working. Driver talent is sadly less important.

Like the odd random 70-year-old lady said in a bus prior to a GP: "It's good it'll rain this weekend, driver X is the best in the rain". That is, pulp news for the masses to parrot unthinkingly.

And driver X was Massa for that old woman. :lol:

F1 is a business more than a sport but it has provide very good drivers in the last decade. I think we can't really complain about how talented drivers are: Raikkonen, Montoya, Alonso, Button, Kubica, Hamilton, Vettel, Kobayashi... I wish true talent were the most important thing for a team to hire a driver but money is mandatory to keep an F1 team racing and working. Driver talent is sadly less important.

:thbup: lovely stuff!

Hardly.

Go figure out who Brambilla is before interjecting here. You're under the wrong impression that Brambilla was a bad driver.

Go figure out who Brambilla is before interjecting here. You're under the wrong impression that Brambilla was a bad driver.

I said hardly because there isn't even a "Hulkenburg" on the grid. There's a "Hulkenberg" though...

:P

I don't care whether this is the best F1 field ever or not. Wouldn't have enjoyed it less if it was the 2nd or the 10th. But it surely was a great one and a vital part of a very enjoyable season.

Everything else...is like farting downwind.

Who let you back in? ^_^

I just told the guy at the entrance that I'm a friend of Flavio Braitore. Works like a charm.

I just told the guy at the entrance that I'm a friend of Flavio Braitore. Works like a charm.

You're a friend of Flav? Ohhhhh Ahhhhh....can I have your autograph so I can bathe in your reflected glory? Please please please please?

Sounds like a dodgy euphamism.