Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Australian Gp Official Thread

What a race for Petrov! His performance offset my disappointment with Webber's.clap3.gif

:lol:

damnit i forgot

The next knock on your front door will be the KGB coming around to club your knee caps, so you remember next time....oh yes...live in fear....live in fear.

Wonder if Hamilton could have challenged Vettel if the undertray hadn't broken? Got a feeling no is the answer, but things are promising for the Mac's

Gee Vettel is smart. Did anyone know that the next race is race 2, and the one after that is race 3? No? Well, just listen to Uncle Vettel and he'll explain it step by step for you...

Stars of the race: Petrov and Perez woooohooo! Very entertaining race!!!! Wonderful Petrov leading the Poochie team! Perez outperforming Koba nonetheless! Hey guys, look! And they are pay drivers!!!!! :P

Behind them: Hamilton, for surviving a broken car without losing much time to Vettel (granted, the car wouldn't be ill if he hadn't lock tires and mowed the parke's grass)

Alonso: awful start (although he was unlucky to get squeezed at turn 1), afterwards,a good, if not spectacular, strategic race. Big problem for Super Alonso: Petrov is his Kryptonite.

Webber/Massa/Button: If it weren't for Vettel/Alonso/Hamilton, you would never guess those guys have a potential WCC car under their asses. I lost my faith on good old Webbo. They had bad luck, teams against them and all the crap you want, but they all look just ordinary. Nice battles for TV, but they should have provided that and so much more...

Merc drivers: *sigh* (Rosberg, not his fault, to be fair)

Rubinho: *sighhhhhhhhhhh*

Question: cutting a chicane is as bad as causing a collision?

Wonder if Hamilton could have challenged Vettel if the undertray hadn't broken? Got a feeling no is the answer, but things are promising for the Mac's

true, got the feeling Vettel had more pace in the locker....

Merc drivers: *sigh* (Rosberg, not his fault, to be fair)

Schumi wasn't at fault either for the punctured tire.

Question: cutting a chicane is as bad as causing a collision?

Well, sawing the Lotus/Virgin drivers is a serious offence I think.

Stars of the race: Petrov and Perez woooohooo! Very entertaining race!!!! Wonderful Petrov leading the Poochie team! Perez outperforming Koba nonetheless! Hey guys, look! And they are pay drivers!!!!! :P

Still think Heidfeld will out perform Petrov this season my balding amigo?

*grumble*

they've c#cked up the PPP.

d'Ambrosio cream rice is last NOT Algiosaurus as our TotalF1 masters have said.

Fix it boys! That's 10 pts you're cheating me out of!

Behind them: Hamilton, for surviving a broken car without losing much time to Vettel (granted, the car wouldn't be ill if he hadn't lock tires and mowed the parke's grass) It was broken BEFORE he went off piste. It's clearly seen beforehand on the ground. Which was about four seconds before DC or Martin picked it up as well...

Alonso: awful start (although he was unlucky to get squeezed at turn 1), afterwards,a good, if not spectacular, strategic race. Big problem for Super Alonso: Petrov is his Kryptonite.

Webber/Massa/Button: If it weren't for Vettel/Alonso/Hamilton, you would never guess those guys have a potential WCC car under their asses. I lost my faith on good old Webbo. They had bad luck, teams against them and all the crap you want, but they all look just ordinary. Nice battles for TV, but they should have provided that and so much more...I think Jense did OK....I thought he had the corner....then as soon as he was through Massa just fell straight back to let Alonso thru...Jense never had a chance to let him by, unless he stopped for a Mac and Cheese on turn 13. Then he served his penalty, and drove past Massa again just for good measure....made up 20-odd seconds on him. As for Webber...hrrm...something tells me his car wasn't working 100% with him pulling right off at the end...maybe heat related? I dunno....just a stab in the dark really. He was on top of Vettel at the start of the weekend, but then got blown away on Saturday...I wonder how much setup swapping goes on at RBR - it was like his setup was nothing like Vettels. My defence for Massa is...um...er.....

Merc drivers: *sigh* (Rosberg, not his fault, to be fair) To be fair, neither was Schueys retirement....I can't help but think he boxed it because he lost out with that puncture. He is NOT the Schu of old, willing to pull out all the stops to get back up the field after something unfortunate.

Rubinho: *sighhhhhhhhhhh*

Question: cutting a chicane is as bad as causing a collision? Only because he never let him back through. Though, yeah, same punishment for a lesser infraction...not like Massa's race was ended because of it.....is a bit harsh, but once the race is in play there is not much give and take on possible punishments, however, perhaps Rubes should have got a stop and go?

Guys...we have a problem. There doesn't appear to be anything to argue about. We're in for a dull two weeks. :mellow:

Right! That's bad, how come we're all happy and rooting for the same people (more or less)? We need someone to defend Rubens to the death or TF1 will die XD

So whats worse? Finger pointing, or fist pumping? All the drivers that win gesticulate with their hands....not like soccer players don't point a finger after a goal from time to time...

that fist pumping was actualy italian hand gesture,if you are interested to learn about it and stop blaming alonso. here is the link to the video. explanation is on 2.02 sec.

that finger of vettel's is looking stupid.

It was broken BEFORE he went off piste. It's clearly seen beforehand on the ground. Which was about four seconds before DC or Martin picked it up as well...

Ok, my bad (again) then some more points for Hamilton. Still a step under Petrov and Perez performaces, sorry :P

I think Jense did OK....I thought he had the corner....then as soon as he was through Massa just fell straight back to let Alonso thru...Jense never had a chance to let him by, unless he stopped for a Mac and Cheese on turn 13. Then he served his penalty, and drove past Massa again just for good measure....made up 20-odd seconds on him. As for Webber...hrrm...something tells me his car wasn't working 100% with him pulling right off at the end...maybe heat related? I dunno....just a stab in the dark really. He was on top of Vettel at the start of the weekend, but then got blown away on Saturday...I wonder how much setup swapping goes on at RBR - it was like his setup was nothing like Vettels. My defence for Massa is...um...er.....

Yes, Jenson outperformed Massa. No, no, say that again with PRIDE :P Agian, Button might have been unlucky (I still think the penalty was deserved), Webber might have had problems with the car and Massa...has a nice helmet. But they all could have had those same troubles and yet do better than that. The problem is that they are usually the ones we keep making excuses for and rarely the ones we have something interesting to say while at the ssame time not having anything MORE interesting to say about their teammates.

To be fair, neither was Schueys retirement....I can't help but think he boxed it because he lost out with that puncture. He is NOT the Schu of old, willing to pull out all the stops to get back up the field after something unfortunate.

Yes, I corrected myself on a previous post about Schuey. The *sigh* stil stands though. A weekend to forget, their fault or not.

Only because he never let him back through. Though, yeah, same punishment for a lesser infraction...not like Massa's race was ended because of it.....is a bit harsh, but once the race is in play there is not much give and take on possible punishments, however, perhaps Rubes should have got a stop and go?

My pont, exactly. Button's offense was nothing like Rubinho's yet both get the exact same punishment. They need more variety. I think Rubinho should be forced to Spend the whole pre race time in Malaysia with Eddie Jordan...watching that big wet spot on EJ's shirt grow...and grow...and grow...

Merc drivers: *sigh* (Rosberg, not his fault, to be fair) To be fair, neither was Schueys retirement....I can't help but think he boxed it because he lost out with that puncture. He is NOT the Schu of old, willing to pull out all the stops to get back up the field after something unfortunate.

He retired for safety reasons. During testing, it seemed to me he was the Schumi of old again, as he was consistently ahead of Rosberg. I hope this quali+race was just a case of mechanical gremlins.

He retired for safety reasons. During testing, it seemed to me he was the Schumi of old again, as he was consistently ahead of Rosberg. I hope this quali+race was just a case of mechanical gremlins.

Means nothing in testing. They run different test programmes. When will people learn, testing means nothing without all the respective information..when oh when oh when???????

that fist pumping was actualy italian hand gesture,if you are interested to learn about it and stop blaming alonso. here is the link to the video. explanation is on 2.02 sec.

that finger of vettel's is looking stupid.

Where in his post did Craig blame Alonso? You're simply angry that your fave driver came a cropper today & your most hated one won. If the finger thing was Alonso's trademark you'd not have thought of it as stupid.

But to be fair to you, I too react similarly when my fave drivers lose & hated ones win. The only thing is that I don't post my spleen here. Well, most of the times, I don't.

And of course they will say safety reasons....not going to say "I gave up because whats the point? None of these guys will ever win as many championships than me", now are they? :P

@Adam: Petrov is the new Kubica! :D

And Heidfeld is the new Petrov? :eusa_think:

Glory to thee, Team Poochie!

Where in his post did Craig blame Alonso? You're simply angry that your fave driver came a cropper today & your most hated one won. If the finger thing was Alonso's trademark you'd not have thought of it as stupid.

But to be fair to you, I too react similarly when my fave drivers lose & hated ones win. The only thing is that I don't post my spleen here. Well, most of the times, I don't.

Hey. You're right. I didn't even mention Fred....

Means nothing in testing. They run different test programmes. When will people learn, testing means nothing without all the respective information..when oh when oh when???????

Well, maybe you're right. But Schumi was faster in FP2. Oh well, I give up. Unless I actually see Schumi beating the shit out of Rosberg in races, I've no grounds of claiming he's back in business.