Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Testing Starts!!!

Sam Michael, last year after the penultimate test in Barcelona:

Very subjectively, I'd say you've got Ferrari and then Red Bull at the front at least four tenths faster than anyone else, then I think you've got a pack which is Renault, Toro Rosso, Williams and even Sauber, then another three or four tenths back to Mercedes and McLaren, then another step back to the new teams. That's definitely what the picture was in Barcelona.

Guess that kind of sums up why you got shown the door, lad....

Guess that kind of sums up why you got shown the door, lad....

All Sam Michael jibes aside, I think that's quite indicative of just how difficult it is to get a true impression of the hierarchy, just from testing.

All Sam Michael jibes aside, I think that's quite indicative of just how difficult it is to get a true impression of the hierarchy, just from testing.

indeed

Marussia failed the crash; they won't be doing much testing. Team's a total joke...

...the kid they passed on, World Series by Renault champion Robert Wickens? That good Canadian boy, few nicer guys I've known in racing, fought hard to climb a ladder after Red Bull cut him and stay relevant in Europe without any backers...never amount to anything, eh? I mean Red Bull and Marussia turned him down, must be terrible? Kid's about to land with Mercedes in DTM. Really hope that's his path to F1.

DTM is pretty techy, and a lot of the old F1 guys head there first, and di Resta used DTM to make it to F1...

???

Those are Formula One cars, Brad. What they are doing is called testing. They are going as fast as they can around the track, whilst trying to collect as much data as possible to enable them to adjust the settings on their cars to make them go even faster. This video shows some of them going around a right hand corner.

I hope that explanation eliminates the ??? for you.

Have a nice day.

That is all.

FFS rulz OK!

Those are Formula One cars, Brad. What they are doing is called testing. They are going as fast as they can around the track, whilst trying to collect as much data as possible to enable them to adjust the settings on their cars to make them go even faster. This video shows some of them going around a right hand corner.

I hope that explanation eliminates the ??? for you.

Have a nice day.

That is all.

FFS rulz OK!

thanks for the explanation, really did'nt know any of this... the red car seems to have a nincompoop driver in it?

thanks for the explanation, really did'nt know any of this... the red car seems to have a nincompoop driver in it?

Dear Brad,

You have really good eyes to notice that, considering you appear to be a novice in regards to Formula One. Well done.

I certainly hope that you continue to watch Formula One throughout the upcoming season, and are able to learn a few things, including wonderful Formula One-ism's such as:

"Is it coz I is black?": Please note that this refers to the tyres when they talk. Yes, in F1, tyres are so technically advanced that they are able to communicate; in English!

"Fernando is faster than you!": Please note that this is only ever told to one driver on the grid, who is, in fact, slower than everyone on the grid. You can substitute "Fernando" for "Lewis", "Nico", "Michael", "Pastor", etc etc

"#$^#%@ SKY": A highly technical term used by whinging United Kingdom Formula One fans when they tell their work colleagues and friends about the previous weekend's race.

"Not bad for a number two": This is the general reply to reporters from a Finnish driver named Kimi after leaving the restroom facilities. Not to be confused as Australian Mark Webber's in-car race celebration after winning at Silverstone in 2010, where he actually remarked "Not bad for a jumper too", when asked about polar fleece hoodies by his team manager, Christian Horner

Kind Regards,

Craig

Dear Brad,

You have really good eyes to notice that, considering you appear to be a novice in regards to Formula One. Well done.

AYE yes, my eyes they're very sharp. They keep looking out for nice titties and round female bums...Nasty buggers they are! Worse is when these female actually wear cowboy boots, it's a big turn-on... heheheehhehehehehehehe

Dear Brad,

I have been told not to enable people with such addictions as you seem to have, but I believe that everyone has the right to make their own choices in life. Therefore it is your choice to click this link or not.

Regards,

Craig

PS I know you want to....come on...just do it....you can....yes you can!!

Dear Brad,

I have been told not to enable people with such addictions as you seem to have, but I believe that everyone has the right to make their own choices in life. Therefore it is your choice to click this link or not.

Regards,

Craig

PS I know you want to....come on...just do it....you can....yes you can!!

Dear Craig...

I have not witness such a disgusting picture in my lifetime, it was a real turn-off, even with boots nogal....remember my eyes only lookout for nice titties and nice curvy butts!! Definately not this!!!

This picture will torture me forever and prevent me from posting here onwards...

Now I know what a Kiwi must have felt like after getting a hiding from the South African team this morning...EISH :naughty: <-- I have just discovered this emoticon...quite cool I say

Dear Brad,

How pompous of you, though not entirely unexpected, for you to claim the Jamaican football team as South African after they beat the only undefeated 2010 World Cup team, the New Zealand All Whites, tonight, 3-2. (I am unaware of any other SA team playing sport today)

It is a slippery slope that your nation is heading on, one that already includes Australia whom has claimed Phar Lap, pavlova, Crowded House, and even our flag over the years. But then again, both South Africa and Australia have to claim some sort of sporting success when neither are capable of forming a credible, let alone formidable, 15 players to make up a rugby team.

Kind regards, and best of luck with all your future endeavours.

Your friendly Kiwi,

Craig

Dear Brad,

How pompous of you, though not entirely unexpected, for you to claim the Jamaican football team as South African after they beat the only undefeated 2010 World Cup team, the New Zealand All Whites, tonight, 3-2. (I am unaware of any other SA team playing sport today)

It is a slippery slope that your nation is heading on, one that already includes Australia whom has claimed Phar Lap, pavlova, Crowded House, and even our flag over the years. But then again, both South Africa and Australia have to claim some sort of sporting success when neither are capable of forming a credible, let alone formidable, 15 players to make up a rugby team.

Kind regards, and best of luck with all your future endeavours.

Your friendly Kiwi,

Craig

Dear Craig,

You have now forced me to respond with another post, I usually keep my promises so I'm really disappointed to react again.

It is good that you did not know what sports were actually happening this morning (or evening if you're in a far away land like New-Zealand) because the result is ghastly, if your a Kiwi fan. If however you'de dare, please check this out. http://www.supersport.com/cricket/sa-team/news/120229/Amla_consistent_bowlers_seal_series

It is also very conspicious the way we lost in the semi-final RWC with your "inner circle ref" as backup to the All-Black team, to say the least. If this is the way things operate in your faraway country i will not visit there ever I swear!

Your not-so-friendly South African this time around....

Brad

ps, I still want to know why on earth Caesar posted that video with insignificant relevance but maybe he can explain it to us. There's million other vids which show 2012 testing but why this specific one?

Dear Craig,

You have now forced me to respond with another post, I usually keep my promises so I'm really disappointed to react again.

It is good that you did not know what sports were actually happening this morning (or evening if you're in a far away land like New-Zealand) because the result is ghastly, if your a Kiwi fan. If however you'de dare, please check this out. http://www.superspor...ers_seal_series

It is also very conspicious the way we lost in the semi-final RWC with your "inner circle ref" as backup to the All-Black team, to say the least. If this is the way things operate in your faraway country i will not visit there ever I swear!

Your not-so-friendly South African this time around....

Brad

ps, I still want to know why on earth Caesar posted that video with insignificant relevance but maybe he can explain it to us. There's million other vids which show 2012 testing but why this specific one?

well it shows many cars comparisson through fast corner. red bull seems planted as they are always, and ferrari looks better than in jerez. although we dont know tyre and fuel conditions of each car, this kind of videos show more than test-times.

well it shows many cars comparisson through fast corner. red bull seems planted as they are always, and ferrari looks better than in jerez. although we dont know tyre and fuel conditions of each car, this kind of videos show more than test-times.

Ah I see, concerning the finer details... thanks...will have a closer look later and respond... from what I can say top of the head, the RB did seem planted, so did the FI and ferrari....

Cricket debates are not welcome around these parts.

You could earn a lifetime ban. :nono1:

What is this cricket you speak of?

it's Handy's fault...

We have to speak to Steph to spank him

Bradley!!! As if she didn't have reason enough without your encouragement!! :ph34r:

Those are Formula One cars, Brad. What they are doing is called testing. They are going as fast as they can around the track, whilst trying to collect as much data as possible to enable them to adjust the settings on their cars to make them go even faster

Actually, more times than not, the driver is supposed to go at a slightly slower, more consistent pace. This lets the team nail down problems over a series of laps. Gives 'em a sort of 'baseline'. Going as fast as they can only happens in the closing stages of testing, if at all.

Actually, more times than not, the driver is supposed to go at a slightly slower, more consistent pace. This lets the team nail down problems over a series of laps. Gives 'em a sort of 'baseline'. Going as fast as they can only happens in the closing stages of testing, if at all.

Well yes, you set your base line....then every lap thereafter, every change is to make the car FASTER....and with all the telemetary they have these day's they do need to go as fast as possible in certain areas, such as a sweeper corner to ascertain results from yaw sensors, pressure through hydraulic shocks, deflection of A-arms etc etc...they can't leave the track with the last 5-10% as theoretical. It takes nothing to go as fast as possible for an entire lap, then button off before crossing the line, using their own timing beam set up somewhere along the pit wall that they use to record their times before buttoning off.

And in any case, I was taking the p**s at Brad with his "???" post, to wit, we bantered along between each other for a short while last night. Or did you miss that bit? :P