Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gilles V.

Has Hamilton Become As Good As Alonso?

I think I'm going to change my name, Gilles V. I'm begining to feel pressure when people address me with this name; big shoes to fill! I just wanted to underscore the anniversary of his death when I started here, but now I think I'm going to be called Jean-Pierre, if at all possible.

Button is good, but the best? Hum... na. Top 5, may be top 3 IMHO (Vettel is not top 3 yet in my book)

I thought the most ardent Vettel hater/non-believer were silenced, yet one still has the audacity to creep up and boldly declare ignorance. For god sake the guy has 2 championships and yet he has to prove his worth?

Maybe we need more cucumbers in the road so Vettel can ride OVER them.

Gilles V, yes, please change your name, it pains me to write your name and think of the remembrance of Giles... Please bru, I beg u...

What, like at the start of 1997? Why are you talking like a stupid person?

Why are you talking at all?

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Vettel is german right? So shut it, Theroux. :)

@Handy - Listen. TWO more than Lewis. Duh! Where's my pizza?

I thought the most ardent Vettel hater/non-believer were silenced, yet one still has the audacity to creep up and boldly declare ignorance. For god sake the guy has 2 championships and yet he has to prove his worth?

Gilles V, yes, please change your name, it pains me to write your name and think of the remembrance of Giles... Please bru, I beg u...

Why do you get so worked up if someone disses (whether subjectively or objectively) your fave driver? Take it easy, pal.

Bradley. My dear friend. If you are referring to my constant needling of Seb#####d Vettel may I remindeth you that I have for two years called him the best driver in F1. I don't have to like him.

Unless you're not really Brad. You're Vettel's Dad hacking Brad's account, aren't you? :);):wub: (i luuuuv yoooooooouuu!)

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Vettel is german right? So shut it, Theroux. smile.png

@Handy - Listen. TWO more than Lewis. Duh! Where's my pizza?

I don't know where your pizza is, but Alonso has two championships, Lewis one, and my maths, and I admit that we down here in the colonies are not as well schooled as you lot back in the mother land, equates to one more than Lewis, not two.

And if you're really nice, Kay's will make you a pizza, just so long as you like bacon and salami and cheese :)

Why do you get so worked up if someone disses (whether subjectively or objectively) your fave driver? Take it easy, pal.

Stay out of it, it has nothing to do with you

I'm also not your "pal"!!!

Bradley. My dear friend. If you are referring to my constant needling of Seb#####d Vettel may I remindeth you that I have for two years called him the best driver in F1. I don't have to like him.

Unless you're not really Brad. You're Vettel's Dad hacking Brad's account, aren't you? smile.pngwink.pngwub.png (i luuuuv yoooooooouuu!)

I like your needling Steph darling. But at least you admit he's good, and should be rated in the top 3...

Quite. I do wonder.

For god sake the guy has 2 championships and yet he has to prove his worth?

Alonso too has TWO championships and you still question his worth. :err:

Alonso too has TWO championships and you still question his worth. :err:

Let's not go there Alehop, I don't wanna say that dreadful word again budtongue.png

and i do admit he's in the top 3

Well, well, nice to see Koba up there. Hope he scores a podium.

same here bud....

You two don't have to live in the dark, amigos.

Say with me: Alonso is NÚMERO UNO!!!

Say it out loud three times and you'll see the light.

:eekout:

It is, in fact.

Click "Gilles V." in the black bar up at the top.

Click "My Settings" in the menu.

Click "Display Name" in the sidebar and fill it out.

Note that you will still use "Gilles V." to log in, regardless of your display name.

Thank you, but I do not have the "display name" option.

Well, will you ask Alonso to change his name? He also thinks that Vettel is going to get better. And it is Gilles, with two l's. And for you it is Mr. Gilles.harhar.gif

Thank you, but I do not have the "display name" option.

That's either because you are an Alonso fan or because your "post count" is below a zillion posts. Maybe both reasons are true. :whistling:

Quite. I do wonder.

About?

Well I have to say that both Alonso and Hamilton have been pretty impressive this year. Alonso seems calm, focused, banging in regular good performances. Hamilton has calmed down - last year had to be one of his career lows - he just seemed all over the place.

Is Hammy as good as Alonso - how do you define "good"? Hammy has always been a bit more edgy but Alonso manages to wring the best out of a sometimes indifferent car. Alonso is as Schumacher was.

Button has got the capability but I think has been unsettled by Hammy's new found form and just doesn't seem comfy in the car.

Vettel, I dunno. Unpopular for me to say, but he just doesn't grab me. I know he's fast but I can't help think Newey plays a big role in this. I'd love to see him in a Ferrari or Mercedes to see how fast he really is and whether he can wring the neck of a not-top-of-the-pile car.

Steph - ask the doc's to put that bit of brain back in...because before hand you knew that TWO was only ONE greater than ONE and not TWO which would be THREE tongue.png

Sadly the chimp from which her replacement brain came was a Benobo and if you watch enough Attenborough documentaries, you'll know that they spend most of their time doing one thing (and that's not counting!!!) :)

Well I have to say that both Alonso and Hamilton have been pretty impressive this year. Alonso seems calm, focused, banging in regular good performances. Hamilton has calmed down - last year had to be one of his career lows - he just seemed all over the place.

Is Hammy as good as Alonso - how do you define "good"? Hammy has always been a bit more edgy but Alonso manages to wring the best out of a sometimes indifferent car. Alonso is as Schumacher was.

Button has got the capability but I think has been unsettled by Hammy's new found form and just doesn't seem comfy in the car.

Vettel, I dunno. Unpopular for me to say, but he just doesn't grab me. I know he's fast but I can't help think Newey plays a big role in this. I'd love to see him in a Ferrari or Mercedes to see how fast he really is and whether he can wring the neck of a not-top-of-the-pile car.

By "as good as Alonso" I mean has he become the best yet. I do not think he is ther yet, but if he wins the title this year... As for Vettel, I agree with Alonso that he can still improve. He has had the best car, but the race is still close and he might not have the best car for the remainder of the season. So if he wins the title with a par car or a in a car a little slower than the top car, he will also have to be consider for the top spot IMO.

Should be a dandy tomorrow!

It was obvious Nico had the speed for a spot in the front line, but Hamilton blocked him during his qualifying lap. Does'nt that remind you of someone? I hope LH is not going down that path (cheating).

After the quali, I see Nico winning the race with Gros Jean second. Have a good one!