Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Russian Gp

Kimi did really well but was held up earlier on and it allowed Vettel to get away, if he wasn't held up, he would've stayed with Vettel IMO. Kimi yet to have a trouble free race isn't he?

Left the door open, he was like 5 bloody car lengths back, dan wasn't and it was Monaco a totally different track, there running a lot closer as its a tighter circuit (didn't think I would have to say that as its obvious but anyway) therefore it's a lot easier to misjudge and Kimi didn't go spearing if into the barrier either. If what bottas did was leaving the door open then how far back does the driver behind have to be to determine a "divebomb" move, 10 car lengths back, heck might aswell take every corner wide in case someone from 4 corners back tries to overtake. You know what, I thought this would be the time to see if Kimi fans would actually admit it was a stupid move and to my shock horror, very few have, yet anyone with a tiny bit of experience about f1 or racing in general, knows he just got desperate and made a stupid move, to expect bottas wasn't going to turn in is a joke, or should've he run wide of the circuit to allow Kimi through? Give me a break. I even said he had a brilliant race and if he wasn't held up earlier in in the race, he could have kept up with Seb. People don't see I tell it how it is and play it from both sides, they just want to remember what suits them. Iam in shock I really am, he got what he deserved, a penalty. And besides if you look closely at your pic you posted to mine, Ricciardo is a lot further up the inside of Kimi, than Kimi was to bottas, the rule stipulates, if the front wing of the car behind is past the rear of the car in front, it's deemed an overtaking attempt therefor room has to be left and that's why dan got no penalty. See it's just common sense if you don't have a biased approach.

dude, don't get confused, Ric's front wheels are exactly at the same place where Kimi hit Bottas...

Chill bru, don't get so defensive, we only stating facts here...

Man if you think Kimi was up alongside bottas just as far as Ricciardo was on Kimi, no offence but you need your eyes tested. I just can't believe how biased some can be, anyway, move on now it happened and that's it.

The rules in racing need to change, especially at this level. If the driver behind, is able to get an overlap of his front wheels, past the driver in fronts rear wheels, they need to be given racing room. If the rear driver is able to make the corner, he will get past. If the rear driver fails to make the corner and negatively impacts the others race by hitting him or forcing him off track, he either gives the place back (if the other driver is still in the race) or gets a penalty. I'm so sick of a bunch of old retards who police this sport making up their minds on the fly as to what is right and wrong.

The whole debacle is so lacking in definition and variable in enforcement its ridiculous. Bit like brain of a certain forum member.

Why do you result to personal insults because your not intelligent enough to get your point accross in the discussion we have? It's like the noisyest kid in the room. But if we're going of what you saying then you answered the question as to why dan didn't get a penalty and Kimi did, dan was far enough alongside,like here:

33djm6b.jpg

There's the gap so dan went for it

2vltkxd.jpg

Still a gap and front wing and tyres are past kimis rears therefor a passing move has been attempted.

Unlike this:9v8lmo.jpg

Sorry, not even close, now anyone with the slightest knowledge can see the issue here, well they should have when it happened,but you know, it is what it is. Hey I call it how it is and if Ricciardo ever makes a stupid move, just like any driver, I will admit it, just the thing is, so far he hasn't.

Why do you result to personal insults because your not intelligent enough to get your point accross in the discussion we have? It's like the noisyest kid in the room. But if we're going of what you saying then you answered the question as to why dan didn't get a penalty and Kimi did, dan was far enough alongside,like here:

33djm6b.jpg

There's the gap so dan went for it

2vltkxd.jpg

Still a gap and front wing and tyres are past kimis rears therefor a passing move has been attempted.

Unlike this:9v8lmo.jpg

Sorry, not even close, now anyone with the slightest knowledge can see the issue here, well they should have when it happened,but you know, it is what it is. Hey I call it how it is and if Ricciardo ever makes a stupid move, just like any driver, I will admit it, just the thing is, so far he hasn't.

At the point of impact Kimi has already braked hard, which meant he was further than Ric ever was!!!!

I told you you're getting confused with these images.....

At the point of impact Kimi has already braked hard, which meant he was further than Ric ever was!!!!

I told you you're getting confused with these images.....

I think your the one confused, it's clear as day, both incidents are at totally different ends of the spectrum, yeah dan bumped in to Kimi quite hard but that's after Kim turned in on him when he was half way alongside. Kimi on bottas, he didn't even get halfway alongside bottas, he tapped his rear wheel. It's clear as day, unless you guys are stirring me up on purpose, Iam just shocked as to people thinking bottas needed to leave room in the sense Kimi was 5 car lengths back, like I said before, should they take every corner wide so someone 10 car lengths can have ago. If Kimi was much closer, yea I would agree but we would t be having this conversation if Kimi was even 3 car lengths back as he would've completed the move, but that far back? No sorry, a mistake has to be accepted as a mistake, by Kimi and his fans.

I think your the one confused, it's clear as day, both incidents are at totally different ends of the spectrum, yeah dan bumped in to Kimi quite hard but that's after Kim turned in on him when he was half way alongside. Kimi on bottas, he didn't even get halfway alongside bottas, he tapped his rear wheel. It's clear as day, unless you guys are stirring me up on purpose, Iam just shocked as to people thinking bottas needed to leave room in the sense Kimi was 5 car lengths back, like I said before, should they take every corner wide so someone 10 car lengths can have ago. If Kimi was much closer, yea I would agree but we would t be having this conversation if Kimi was even 3 car lengths back as he would've completed the move, but that far back? No sorry, a mistake has to be accepted as a mistake, by Kimi and his fans.

How can Kimi turn in on him when he has the racing line?

he may have had the racing line but he left plenty room up the inside so dan had a go, it was then that Kimi turned in. Then the same would apply to Schumi in Adelaide 94, did he have the racing line? Schumi and hill and raikkonen and bottas are basically the same incident but yet some cry about one but not the other. That's a better comparison than Ricciardo and Kimi. Every car in front will have the racing line unless they drive around running wide every turn, even mika hakkinen said Kimi was wrong but everyone else if wrong but Kimi and his fans hey?

94 was 21 years ago. As if they had cars back then.

Just the answer I expect from you.

Everyone also forgot to mention that alonso did 40 laps on the soft tyre, hardly a feat that is it?

There actually just as quick as most cars in the corners it's the straights that kill them. Button was down 45kph top end to Mercedes cars last race. Both Mercedes didn't even make the top ten in the speed speed trap during the race.

IMO the Kimi lunge was amateurish, desperate and he is entirely to blame. There was no reason for Bottas to leave space as Kimi dived from miles back. Adelaide '94 isn't a great comparison, I'd point to Silverstone' 95 where Hill attempted a similar lunge from way back and took them both out.

Great race though, constant battles, feel bad for Dan breaking down so late. Happy to see Button outqualified & outraced Alonso.

IMO the Kimi lunge was amateurish, desperate and he is entirely to blame. There was no reason for Bottas to leave space as Kimi dived from miles back. Adelaide '94 isn't a great comparison, I'd point to Silverstone' 95 where Hill attempted a similar lunge from way back and took them both out.

Great race though, constant battles, feel bad for Dan breaking down so late. Happy to see Button outqualified & outraced Alonso.

I agree 100%

As he said. In his opinion...

Yeah just like mine, ohh let me guess, his opinion wasn't wrong like mine? How many personalities do kimi fans have? Geez to late to switch sides now mate.

Fact: Your opinion is wrong, his is not.

Man your a duche. He is agreeing with the same bloody thing. I see what's going on here, you personally don't like me do you? If that's the case, go suck it.

Reading this again, there was'nt a reason, he LEFT him space... then pretended he was'nt there

Pretended, lmao, he was miles back. Fia should introduce a new rule for kimi fans. "Every driver must run wide in every turn so drivers from 10 car lengths back have a chance to pass" lmao, this is hilarious.