Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Fernando Alonso, Testing and Comeback

We again get to hear the roar of a Lion that that V10 is ,,, I cant disagree, everyone loves that amazing sound. :music:

And he put up some decent laps around Abu Dabi... 

Indeed, To Re-live the nostalgia of a bygone era is something that the whole paddock has relished... And in todays times we have even better footage of the car compared to say 2005..

This is a really good Article

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/750548/Alonso_R25_demo_runs_a_reminder_of_what_F1_is_missing/

I realize there are opposing view's on wether an experienced driver, let alone a 2 times world champion, should be allowed to participate in the young drivers test.

And there is a valid argument on both ends of the conversation.

On one end, FIA has allowed an old F1 driver to re-acquaint himself with the speed of the current Formula of cars. Probably So that he gets to be on a fairly equal footing compared to the other drivers who have a huge margin of testing + Race experience throughout the 2020 season.

On the other Hand, the testing is supposed to only be for the 'young' drivers, and this should be strictly adhered to.

Then again, How Strict is this 'Strict'? FIA gave an exception for the good of the sport,, I suppose, they put some common sense to this conundrum, and I respect that.

But then WTF was FIA doing when it was important to NOT being strict with the engine regulations for THE GOOD OF THE SPORT!  You utter fools. Where was your common sense then? :confused2:

FIA should have eased up the Power Unit Regulations after 2014 when there was time, its a shame they don't put common sense to all the aspects of their undertakings.

Its a shame that a similar opportunity was not explored for Kimi or Michael on their respective comeback's. But then again, we are talking about Fernando Alonso here, in Renault, who wants to turn everything about himself and is not shying away from it.

Its weird to see that some section of the F1 Fan circle agreeing to the lack of F1 testing F1 drivers get.

Its weird, because, In a World, where testing is banned, fighting to get more millage on an F1 car almost seems like a rebellious act.

On 12/13/2020 at 7:08 AM, blackpebel said:

I realize there are opposing view's on wether an experienced driver, let alone a 2 times world champion, should be allowed to participate in the young drivers test.

And there is a valid argument on both ends of the conversation.

On one end, FIA has allowed an old F1 driver to re-acquaint himself with the speed of the current Formula of cars. Probably So that he gets to be on a fairly equal footing compared to the other drivers who have a huge margin of testing + Race experience throughout the 2020 season.

On the other Hand, the testing is supposed to only be for the 'young' drivers, and this should be strictly adhered to.

Then again, How Strict is this 'Strict'? FIA gave an exception for the good of the sport,, I suppose, they put some common sense to this conundrum, and I respect that.

But then WTF was FIA doing when it was important to NOT being strict with the engine regulations for THE GOOD OF THE SPORT!  You utter fools. Where was your common sense then? :confused2:

FIA should have eased up the Power Unit Regulations after 2014 when there was time, its a shame they don't put common sense to all the aspects of their undertakings.

Its a shame that a similar opportunity was not explored for Kimi or Michael on their respective comeback's. But then again, we are talking about Fernando Alonso here, in Renault, who wants to turn everything about himself and is not shying away from it.

Its weird to see that some section of the F1 Fan circle agreeing to the lack of F1 testing F1 drivers get.

Its weird, because, In a World, where testing is banned, fighting to get more millage on an F1 car almost seems like a rebellious act.

Kimi was allowed , same like Alonso, to test with an older version at Lotus. Film day sht, as they call it, if I remember correctly. I however, find (like almost every decision FIA seems to make nowadyas) that this particular decision was a very biased one. It does'nt sit well, as the drivers, from Seb to Sergio to Russel has alluded to...

UNFAIR.

That sound of Alosno throttling the Renault is just AMAZING. I loved Hamilton's reaction. 😄Thx for posting it

On 12/14/2020 at 1:36 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

I however, find (like almost every decision FIA seems to make nowadyas) that this particular decision was a very biased one.

Maybe, It was.. but it was with an intent to negate the bias against Alonso for not having enough recent F1 experience as compared to the other 19 Drivers.. FIA have just put some common sense to this whole issue.. but it is understandable that others, with their own interest in mind, would disapprove with the move, and deem it Unfair from their viewpioint..

I the intent, is Fair!

Plus.. We keep fighting for there not being enough character to the current F1 show, .. There is a historical significance to Alonso Joining Renault,, it is definitely in the interest of the whole F1 Field and the community, and the Racing community in general, coz Alonso would have brought atleast some Dakar, Indy, Le-mans and Endurance racing fans to the F1 theatre..

FIA and the F1 management has used this as a spring-board to entice fans for the already predictable 2021 season, and its not all to bad..

7 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Maybe, It was.. but it was with an intent to negate the bias against Alonso for not having enough recent F1 experience as compared to the other 19 Drivers.. FIA have just put some common sense to this whole issue.. but it is understandable that others, with their own interest in mind, would disapprove with the move, and deem it Unfair from their viewpioint..

I the intent, is Fair!

Plus.. We keep fighting for there not being enough character to the current F1 show, .. There is a historical significance to Alonso Joining Renault,, it is definitely in the interest of the whole F1 Field and the community, and the Racing community in general, coz Alonso would have brought atleast some Dakar, Indy, Le-mans and Endurance racing fans to the F1 theatre..

FIA and the F1 management has used this as a spring-board to entice fans for the already predictable 2021 season, and its not all to bad..

The intent is not fairness. The intent is just plain wrong thinking. You have a 2x championship driver at a YD test!!! Does that make sense to you??? He has time, ample time, to acclimitize himself again with the testing schedule early next year. For a 2x champ that should be good enough... A day on a track should be good enough.

And as we have mentioned before, it's not like Alonso was.. NOT racing. 

Very unfair and biased decision by the FIA, and Russel, Ric, Seb, whoever else can rightly feel aggrieved This sets a really bad precedence

17 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

The intent is not fairness. The intent is just plain wrong thinking. You have a 2x championship driver at a YD test!!! Does that make sense to you??? He has time, ample time, to acclimitize himself again with the testing schedule early next year. For a 2x champ that should be good enough... A day on a track should be good enough.

And as we have mentioned before, it's not like Alonso was.. NOT racing. 

Very unfair and biased decision by the FIA, and Russel, Ric, Seb, whoever else can rightly feel aggrieved This sets a really bad precedence

Well Brad, as I said, there was a valid argument on either end of the topic based on where one chooses to look at it from.. 

As for me, All I know is,,,, FIA, for once, took a spirited call realizing it was Fair,, This,, spirited decision making,, is Something that the sport needs more of to realize all the unfair that is in the current state of F1.. Coz there is NOTHING FAIR about only 1 team, and only the driver from this said ONE team, winning the championships, for 7 year in a Row.

If common sense necessitates that Unequal is NOT directly proportional to Unfair, we could have a lot of things corrected for the good of the sport. That's still better than having races year round where Fans fall asleep.

Grievance of Others who were not allowed this opportunity is understandable, of course it wouldn't matter to someone like Lewis, who is almost already guaranteed the 2021 Title. This is Regardless of whatever Renault or Ferrari or Aston Martin Or Mclaren or Redbul would do to get an advantage.

Heck Cyril has outright dubbed the Racing Point for having an illegal Car this and next year, Does that mean it's unfair to against other midfield teams???

I still wont hold it against anyone who thinks it was unfair. Alonso took up a place that could have been used by a 'young' driver, in the true sense of if..

Im glad it was Guanyu Zhou who got to test next to Alonso... He posted this on his Insta and it was touching....

image.png.a54ed27e28e085364ea97ce88e899dad.pngimage.png.5b72161330ab43ce28791a445c395a40.png

I think bringing Alonso back is a Good human experiment overall.. We got to see it with Kimi and Schumacher, it brought in a lot of buzz.. And they did a fair job of the comeback they made.. Its not like Alonso is going to win the title next year.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:46 AM, blackpebel said:

Alonso would have brought atleast some Dakar, Indy, Le-mans and Endurance racing fans to the F1 theatre..

I totally agree with this statement, even though I am NOT an Alonso fan. 
I am also NOT against Alonso either !!
In turn neither, for OR against Alonso.
I am a motorsport fan, and Alonso HAS made a considerable input INTO motorsport.   
He IS well on the way to achievein the triple crown.
In turn I HOPE that he DOES achieve it.
He probably COULD have achieved MORE in F1 - poor decision makin, timin ... 
Though unlike Shumy OR Hamilton (at this time).  The others have NOT achieved OUTSIDE of F1.
Alonso IS a Motorsport CHAMPION.

6 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

I totally agree with this statement, even though I am NOT an Alonso fan. 
I am also NOT against Alonso either !!
In turn neither, for OR against Alonso.
I am a motorsport fan, and Alonso HAS made a considerable input INTO motorsport.   
He IS well on the way to achievein the triple crown.
In turn I HOPE that he DOES achieve it.
He probably COULD have achieved MORE in F1 - poor decision makin, timin ... 
Though unlike Shumy OR Hamilton (at this time).  The others have NOT achieved OUTSIDE of F1.
Alonso IS a Motorsport CHAMPION.

So even if you're not an alonso fan, you're an alonso fan?

18 hours ago, blackpebel said:

So even if you're not an alonso fan, you're an alonso fan?

Please KEEP up blackpebel, I HAVE already said that I am NOT an Alonso fan, at the same time I said I am NOT against Alonso.
I AM a motorsport fan, and I AM a fan Of Alonso`s ACHIEVEMENTS in motorsport - so far.
Which IF things go as intended - achievin the triple crown WOULD B an emense achievement.
He has not come this far to, just come - this far.
He IS standin on the edge of tomorrow.  It IS up 2 Alonso now - how far will he go?
A true motorsport champion - if he gains the teble crown.

16 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That's a very unique perspective

Indeed Brad.

I guess almost all, Including me, are sometimes surprised as to why we don't absolutely hate him or absolutely respect him. He has been one of the most difficult/irritating Sports personalities to manage and understand. At the same time he has been close to perfection behind a Throttle, brake and a steering wheel with anything on 4 wheels.

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

I AM a motorsport fan, and I AM a fan Of Alonso`s ACHIEVEMENTS in motorsport - so far.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

A true motorsport champion - if he gains the teble crown.

Id rather him win a Dakar if you ask me..

10 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Id rather him win a Dakar if you ask me..

Dakar is the capital of Senegal, in West Africa. It’s an Atlantic port on the Cap-Vert peninsula

10 hours ago, blackpebel said:
13 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Agreed.

If it were easy.  Everybody would B doin it.

How MANY multi WDC`S R there.  Alonso HAS so far achieved MORE in motorsport than ANYBODY currently STILL active in motorsport - without the GLORY of the triple crown.

34 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

If it were easy.  Everybody would B doin it.

How MANY multi WDC`S R there.  Alonso HAS so far achieved MORE in motorsport than ANYBODY currently STILL active in motorsport - without the GLORY of the triple crown.

In F1...

Sir Lewis Hamilton ( that really sounded weird) - 7 titles

Sebastian Vettel - 4 titles

I call that more than Alonso. 

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Alonso HAS so far achieved MORE in motorsport than ANYBODY currently STILL active in motorsport - without the GLORY of the triple crown.

That's your opinion, and nothing more. Brits are masters on developing new rules in the middle of loosing a game. Not everyone cares what he (or him alike) has done outside of F1. 

Manipulative and artificial rules:

- must win against teammate

- must win with a weak car from back of the grid

- must win with a weak team

- must this or that, etc.

All BS. (My apology).

1. We play according to FiA rules, and not according to some artificial rules, set usually with aim to defame (put down) a driver. None of the above are rules mandated to the grid.

2. There is a scoreboard to tell us who is where. We do not need Brundle's or anyone else like him to tell us that.

Comparisons between Hamilton and others, like Schumacher, stupid as those are, were mostly generated in UK. Some fans, self included, added then comments to remind overly enthusiastic Hamiltonians, what car he drives in a league of two cars. At the end, it doesn't really helps, morons do continue with their mantra, despite whole discussion is pointless, IMVHO. 

45 minutes ago, Sakae said:

That's your opinion, and nothing more. Brits are masters on developing new rules in the middle of loosing a game. Not everyone cares what he (or him alike) has done outside of F1. 

Manipulative and artificial rules:

- must win against teammate

- must win with a weak car from back of the grid

- must win with a weak team

- must this or that, etc.

All BS. (My apology).

1. We play according to FiA rules, and not according to some artificial rules, set usually with aim to defame (put down) a driver. None of the above are rules mandated to the grid.

2. There is a scoreboard to tell us who is where. We do not need Brundle's or anyone else like him to tell us that.

Comparisons between Hamilton and others, like Schumacher, stupid as those are, were mostly generated in UK. Some fans, self included, added then comments to remind overly enthusiastic Hamiltonians, what car he drives in a league of two cars. At the end, it doesn't really helps, morons do continue with their mantra, despite whole discussion is pointless, IMVHO. 

+1

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Sir Lewis Hamilton ( that really sounded weird) - 7 titles

Sebastian Vettel - 4 titles

I call that more than Alonso. 

Please KEEP UP that is NOT more than Alonso at ALL
Numerically MORE F1 titles but, WHOOSH over UR head.
My Original  statement, achieved MORE in MOTORSPORR. not JUST in F1
Alonso HAS MORE motorsport titles than those that U mentioned.

Sir Lewis Hamilton
Is NOW ranked along side Sir Jimmy Saville, well he were.
Until Jimmy Saille had HIS knighthood removed.

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Please KEEP UP that is NOT more than Alonso at ALL
Numerically MORE F1 titles but, WHOOSH over UR head.
My Original  statement, achieved MORE in MOTORSPORR. not JUST in F1
Alonso HAS MORE motorsport titles than those that U mentioned.

U left out..

"In F1"...

F1 -  pinnacle of motorsports.

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

F1 -  pinnacle of motorsports.

Once HAVE achieved, the pinnacle of motorsport - F1 WDC.  The ONLY thing U CAN do is, DO it AGAIN.
Alonso DID it again, in F1.

I am NOT an Alonso FAN, just a fan of HIS achievements IN motorsport.
Hamilton WERE groomed for HIS F1 titles.  He did NOT have 2 work his way up, entered f1 straight IN at the TOP with Mclaren Mercedes
WDC - Left 4 Mercedes - MORE WDC`S.
Schumy battled in V8 WITH Benetton (Renault) ... BEFORE Ferrari

Alonso gained his titles WITH Renault when, they were dominatin

Like OTHERS, Rosberg did NOT do it AGAIN.  LEFT after reachin the pinnacle.
The British bulldog R Nige (Mansell) ALSO left after winning WDC 

Some amazing race starts from Alonso for the years gone by..

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=857183721525027

You think he would be able to pull out same performances as before?? It's hard to say that someone coming back to the sport after 2 years will be as great as before.. but this is Alonso we are speaking about.  You never know..

13 hours ago, blackpebel said:

coming back to the sport after 2 years will be as great as before..

What is the point in comin back 2 B the same as B4?
If nothin changes, nothin changes
Aim 4 MORE
Alonso is BETTER than he was B4 - More experience and MORE titles

On 3/8/2021 at 2:22 PM, lipstick79 said:

What is the point in comin back 2 B the same as B4?

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/764444/Alonso_of_the_McLaren_years_in_Bahrain/

This guy is stuck in a rut like since ever..

>2014 - Ferrari not the best PU; Mclaren Honda years - The worst PU in probably the history of the sport... Mclaren Renault - Not the Best PU on the Grid.,, and Now Alpine - Seems like the worst of all the PU's if not better than Ferrari.,,,  :dam:

'Equal engines for everyone' He said...