Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Fernando Alonso, Testing and Comeback

On 8/25/2021 at 3:52 PM, Sakae said:

McLaren is not happy with DR, and that could go both ways.

Things can change quickly in F1.
I think there may currently B happiness between DR and Mclaren

13 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Things can change quickly in F1.
I think there may currently B happiness between DR and Mclaren

Agree. That was then, and this is now. Things change quickly, and Brown is collecting all accolades. I assume it will be too much to expect when things will go wrong one day, and they certainly will, that he will accept responsibility and resign (as opposed to blaming and kicking out Seidl).

It was Otmar who put down any speculation about DR moving to AM (so he said); obviously based on alleged tension in McLaren camp.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Yes, Alonso is Saint who has never done wrong.

Off track, he maybe not...

But On track, It's hard to disagree that he is a LOT better with his racecraft compared to people who may have won more championships than him...

35 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Off track, he maybe not...

But On track, It's hard to disagree that he is a LOT better with his racecraft compared to people who may have won more championships compared to him...

There was the incident which end up with Briatore leaving F1. That one was related to on track action.

He is BETTER - that's a subjective judgement and hard to argue for or against. Clinical psychologists do not accept conclusions based on public opinions. Alonso is probably a good driver. Is he better than last four or five WDC? I don't know how to answer such questions because we each look at this sport through our own senses how we view and accept state of perfection.   

I should add case of Grosjean. When he was under threat missing a race due to having over 12 penalty points, many drivers really behave nastilly because they knew he could not risk proper defence and be misjudged. Vettel was in similar situation when stewards were competing among themselves who gives him more penalty points. In that period DR really pull a one or two dirty fast ones on him, and easily got away with it. You see, this will not happen to Alonso. He screwed (sorry) Sainz, he screwed Vettel once or twice, yet he gets always away with it. Figure that one out. Precious work of art at Mercedes the same. There is no force on this Mother Earth stewards would dare to call foul against him, especially when he was closing on Schumacher.

Not everything is pretty in this world, and some of us do realise that.     

14 minutes ago, Sakae said:

There was the incident which end up with Briatore leaving F1. That one was related to on track action.

I was speaking in regards to one on one duels while overtaking/defending.

19 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Alonso is probably a good driver.

The probability of Him being considered a good driver also depends on whether one sees his driving skills with their hard tinted glasses or no..

Not sure what clinical psychology has to do with how sports mentality works.. these guys are sportsman at the extream end of human endurance. They need to be kept away from such silly judgements and given respect what what they do or don't, on track, in the heat of the battle.

To all those who see racing for what it is.. Alonso has proved his worth compared to a lot of others on the field.. 2021 is a big example..

For all those who fail to see it, they choose to have a different angle or point of view,.. they can continue to be in denial of someone's current performance based on their previously formed judments which clouds them.. so be it..

.. to each his own..

Tinted glasses is a nonsensical term, therefore I don't see any usefulness discussing it.

Crowd repeating manipulative articles published by (mostly) bias media is not that easy to shake off. It's everywhere. "Most people know" follows usually with claims which clinical psychology is warning rest of us not to accept due to their overwhelming falsehood. I've read today opinions so called self-appointed experts judging the major incident involving two protagonists. Not even them cannot agree on one common statement of truth based on facts. They just spewing their personal bias in public domain, and now it's being repeated by masses on sidelines. 

I don't have any problem with anyone admitting they do like Alonso's driving, and his personality. Any claims beyond that really bore the heck out of me.   

45 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Not even them cannot agree on one common statement of truth based on facts.

Such is truth/facts/data. It is always interpreted through personal perceptions. One way or the other.

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I don't have any problem with anyone admitting they do like Alonso's driving, and his personality.

And as far as I can say/see, that is all that is being showcased under this forum/topic.

50 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Any claims beyond that really bore the heck out of me.

To you, They maybe claims 'beyond' your level of acceptance.

To someone else, it is within their limits of reasonability.

And everyone wants to claim that their reasoning is fair, so no winners over there...

Again, perceptions are subjective.

I think at this point I have to apologise, but I have exhausted all my enthusiasm analyse Alonso and his adventures, be those on or off track.

5 hours ago, blackpebel said:

he is a LOT better with his racecraft compared to people who

Points WIN prizes, cuddly toy - cuddly toy
Racecraft IS ambiguous, WDC`S R IN the trophy cabinet - FOREVER
With a place in, world history FOREVER

9 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Points WIN prizes

And what wins those 'points' ?

Humor me, Why did Hamilton the great, not have any dominant seasons between 2007 to 2013? And suddenly has won all but 1 since 2014?

9 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Racecraft IS ambiguous, WDC`S R IN the trophy cabinet - FOREVER

How many WDC's does Senna have to his name? Does his final number of WDC's give a true picture of his Racecraft?

Lets be real. F1 Drivers championship has mostly been dependent on the Constructors.. Moreover so after the points system changed in 2010.

P.S: Only 3 drivers have won a Drivers championship in the last 11 years between 2010 and 2020. And all 3 were from the winning Constructor,, Coincidence?

41 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

11 years between 2010 and 2020. And all 3 were from the winning Constructor,

Y limit it 2 JUST the 11 years ( 2010 and 2020)?
Generally the WDC does ACTUALLY come from the winning constructor.
Throughout HISTORY, not just a selected period that fits in with a different argument/question.

Are we back to Senna vs Prost argument? That's another case in which media playing large role than they should. It is proven through repeated studies, if people hear a lie or some nonsense continuously repeated, it just became reality for them. Media, mostly British, hated Prost, and Senna for very long time could not do wrong for them. But was he really that good? Senna had - like Hamilton has today - exceptional cars to his disposal through his career. He was to some extend like Verstappen, but rather more nuanced. Max might perhaps achieve that state later in his career.

Story of Senna greatness however grows every time as his name comes up. I can imagine that will also happen with Alonso, deservedly or not.

The thing is, I was at the track when those two raced. Yes, I am that old. Three times, and I think Prost - 4 WDC to his credit -  was a better driver. Nickname professor to his name was there for a reason. Just ask another old fossil, BE. He thinks the same as I do - Prost was better driver than Senna, not that crazy diving into everything, whether he gets credit to his name in some segments of media, or not. That doesn't matter.

D/T 2021.09.18  18:48 CEST

Fernando Alonso believes F1's 'sprint' trail demonstrates the sport is seeking an improvement that is "not needed".

Lord help me, otherwise I will end up liking this man. Unfortunately (I think) Brawn and his crowd wan't listen to a reason. 

Alonso is referring to Sprint races, which already were given thumbs down by several drivers and TP alike in public. How many more remain in silence is of course another matter.  

On 9/14/2021 at 9:44 AM, Sakae said:

... (repeated enough) it just became reality for them

4 the thousandth time, U R NOT dumb Sakae

2 B REALLY consistent with, back in the grove.  NEED 2 do it IN stable weather conditions, again and again.

image.thumb.png.d774b85388f59d780ead90ec82092872.png

No kidding. How many years again it took you to arrive to this conclusion? Well, better late than never.

Ouch, that's Spitting hard facts, I'm sure the reporter bit his tongue after Alonso threw his bulls##t back at him 🤣

It's interesting, coz he's showing the hippocracy of the system with actions and not just words..

6 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Ouch, that's Spitting hard facts, I'm sure the reporter bit his tongue after Alonso threw his bulls##t back at him 🤣

It's interesting, coz he's showing the hippocracy of the system with actions and not just words..

Brilliant.

Worst race in quite a while for Nando. Some surprisingly amateurish drive from his side. Guess this was not his day.