Clicky

Jump to content
blackpebel

Fernando Alonso, Testing and Comeback

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Quiet One said:

Worst race in quite a while for Nando

He did NOT go Backwards.  The LAST race were the worst race in quite a while for Nando - DNF
Nando stayed where he started.  An average race for Nando - nothin special.
To finish first, first U must finish.  Good points 4 the team though.
He did a Hamilton, he got the job done.

Edited by lipstick79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Quiet One said:

Worst race in quite a while for Nando. Some surprisingly amateurish drive from his side. Guess this was not his day.

Hmm I kinda agree.. not leaving  more room for Gasly,, was not very Fernando like on an opening part of the race.. I think he should have used a little more of the run off to avoide a contact.. it's hard to blame him, coz he did not know where Perez and Gasly were, so he kept that line thinking Gasly would keep on the left, which Gasly couldn't to avoid contact with checo.

He pretty much got the penalty that was deserved by a driver for his shunt with mick.. I guess he got frustrated on almost being 3rd,, and then being at the end of the grid..

Though day at the office..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Hmm I kinda agree.. not leaving  more room for Gasly,, was not very Fernando like on an opening part of the race.. I think he should have used a little more of the run off to avoide a contact.. it's hard to blame him, coz he did not know where Perez and Gasly were, so he kept that line thinking Gasly would keep on the left, which Gasly couldn't to avoid contact with checo.

He pretty much got the penalty that was deserved by a driver for his shunt with mick.. I guess he got frustrated on almost being 3rd,, and then being at the end of the grid..

Though day at the office..

Yeah, his move on MSC was clumsy and out of frustration. On the other hand, Lady Luck was, as usual, not on his side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2021 at 5:11 PM, Quiet One said:

Yeah, his move on MSC was clumsy and out of frustration. On the other hand, Lady Luck was, as usual, not on his side. 

a Lapse from being punted by Gasly while in a good position. Understandable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This above article is of someone's opinion in hindsight/aftermath.

Alonso is speaking for BOTH himself and Vettel, and the Ferrari-Alonso-Vettel era,, and NOT just about himself or only his time..

 

 

 

We both tried Ferrari, got close at times, but didn’t make it in the end. Maybe Ferrari was not ready to have a World Champion in the c#ckpit again in our times.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An uphill battle in Austin for Nando, but that's ok. Starting from the back is not going to be easy, but I am not watching him race to see him win this year, but to watch him race. And in that regard, this is going to be interesting (unless he bins it in the first corner) 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quiet One said:

unless he bins it in the first corner

That would B unrealistic > 

3 hours ago, Quiet One said:

Starting from the back

The first corner is NOT an issue when, starting from the back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, blackpebel said:

 

 

 
FUnn

Funny how Alonso feels weird that Mexican calls the start "Largada" (so do we here), in Spain is "Partida". I thought Spaniards would be more familiarized with Latinamerican variations. Even if here in Latam we would probably use more often "largada", than "partida" (which is more often used in the sense of "departure") nobody would be surprised if somebody called the start "partida".

Also, both in Spain and Argentina the kerbs are known as "pianos" (which, you guessed, means "pianos"). In Mexico they are called "lavaderos" ( "washboards").

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 12:13 PM, blackpebel said:

Maybe Ferrari was not ready to have a World Champion in the c#ckpit again in our times

>A World Champion with 1 team.
Right place at the right time, who neither have gone on to experience F1 success again. 
Alonso though has gone on 2 achieve more in motorsport - standing on the edge of greatness.  If he CAN achieve the triple crown,
that WILL substitute for a lack of F1 titles.  Vettlel has just fallen off the cliff.

Edited by lipstick79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D/T 2021.11.10  08:09 CET

You see it too..?

Quote

Fernando Alonso thinks it is much easier for a British driver to win a world championship after a close head-to-head duel.

This year, the two-time champion has made several statements questioning the impartiality of those in charge of Formula 1, including the stewards.

He now says a British driver like Lewis Hamilton - his former teammate at McLaren - is given an easier ride to the title than a foreigner like Max Verstappen.

"This season, you can see that the British machine is running again," Alonso charged.

Well, I think this trend has been noticed already decade or more ago. Funny that Alonso is speaking only now, whereas I am ranting about it at least 15 years, if not longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2021.11.10  08:09 CET

You see it too..?

Well, I think this trend has been noticed already decade or more ago. Funny that Alonso is speaking only now, whereas I am ranting about it at least 15 years, if not longer.

I have an inkling feeling he's going to get in trouble soon. He's venting too much nowadays, I can see the British cabal concocting plans for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I have an inkling feeling he's going to get in trouble soon. He's venting too much nowadays, I can see the British cabal concocting plans for him.

He knows where his future lies (and it is not driving an F1 car for next 5 years). His positions resemble in some way US politicians speaking their mind only on their way out of politics. Having said that, despite my past (not very best) feelings about him as a person, today I do appreciate that he has decide to speak out. His words would have however carried much more weight of course had he said those things earlier in his career. As the cliche goes, better later than never. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sakae said:

He knows where his future lies (and it is not driving an F1 car for next 5 years). His positions resemble in some way US politicians speaking their mind only on their way out of politics. Having said that, despite my past (not very best) feelings about him as a person, today I do appreciate that he has decide to speak out. His words would have however carried much more weight of course had he said those things earlier in his career. As the cliche goes, better later than never. 

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...