Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiko01

Fw27 Not To Blame

Although he didn't say it directly, Sam Michael has hinted that it was Williams' drivers and not the car that was to blame for their San Marino GP disappointment.

Williams left Imola with only one point in the bag and that was only earned through Nick Heidfeld being promoted when Ralf Schumacher was awarded a 25-second penalty.

Heidfeld

yeah it was a very disappointing performnace from both drivers. at least webber made an effort, heidfeld did nothing. both have to up their game at barcelona.

He isn't hinting there - another case of the media twisting things and talking quotes out of perspective. Don't you just love the press?

I don't think he was referring to the drivers although both performed badly this time....Taku Webber satrted 4th and ended up 10th,being overtaken by practically everybody had a slower car,Heidfeld at least started 9th and finished 9th (8th after Ralf demoting),and he also overtook Webber after the stops...which race have you seen guy??

The car is hopeless, look at the way the ****ing thing bounces!!

Absolutely right. no point in blaming the drivers. The car is exactly the same as it was in 2004. The only difference is Mclaren & Renault have moved forward, and these guys are stagnant.

Eventhough JPM has not raced in the last couple of races, I'm happy he got out of Williams.

I wonder what Button must be thinking now about his move to Williams.

well if stories are to be believed bith him and taku could be out of a race seat in a few weeks!!! :o

well if stories are to be believed bith him and taku could be out of a race seat in a few weeks!!!  :o

It would be a shame to lose Button but I would rather like to see Sato replaced with a more capable driver. Pity the problem was not on Sato's car :(

Ooopppppsssssss!!!! Sir Frank must be missing JPM and JB a lot

While the car may not be particularly amazing, the current driver line-up & many of the technical personnel leave a lot to be desired. Williams have been on a steep downwards spiral since 1997 and are almost entirely to blame for their own shortcomings.

While I believe that Sir Frank didn

While the car may not be particularly amazing, the current driver line-up & many of the technical personnel leave a lot to be desired.  Williams have been on a steep downwards spiral since 1997 and are almost entirely to blame for their own shortcomings.

While I believe that Sir Frank didn

Ralf was getting mega bucks in his final Williams contract, not as mega as Toyta are giving him, but for Williams it was mega.

Here is what Williams actually say:

Both BMW WilliamsF1 Team cars reached the chequered flag at the end of today's race with both Mark Webber and Nick Heidfeld finishing just out of the points.

Nick Heidfeld:

"I lost a couple of places off the line and we obviously have to improve our starts. After that, Jarno held up the pack where I was for most of the time. I think towards the end of the race my pace was good enough to collect some points, but of course we want to be more competitive than just scoring points, so we must find more speed."

"I could catch up with Jarno and Ralf very quickly, but overtaking on this circuit was another matter. At the last pit-stop Ralf Schumacher got in front of me by forcing me to brake hard and avoid a crash."

Mark Webber:

"From the start, Trulli got past me straight away and so too did Sato, but I was able to recover this position at Tosa. After that I had to sit behind Jarno during the first stint, and it happened that we pitted on the same lap and I could not pass him."

"So I tried to pass Jarno on the track at the Variante Alta but while having a go, I had a big moment and let Villeneuve through. The last part of the race was difficult as I was struggling because the engine of my car was slowed down, having already run two GPs."

Sam Michael (Technical Director WilliamsF1):

"It is obviously both a disappointing result and day overall. We had a poor start and we spent the whole race in traffic. Clearly we have to improve this for the future. That said, the car's competitiveness was not as bad as it might have appeared due to the traffic but it's certainly not where we expected to be. We had no mechanical problems at all."

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):

"Congratulations to Michael Schumacher for an extraordinary race, even though Fernando Alonso won in the end. For us, on the other hand, after a reasonable qualifying it was a disappointing race outcome. Both the drivers were held up in traffic for most of the race, but at no time were they in a position to get to the top. We had no technical problems and reliability was there, simply not the speed."

"That said, the car's competitiveness was not as bad as it might have appeared due to the traffic but it's certainly not where we expected to be" - Traffic is not blaming their drivers and here they say the car IS to blame. The media like to leave out bits...

He isn't hinting there - another case of the media twisting things and talking quotes out of perspective. Don't you just love the press?

indeed. the online f1 press are just notorius in this regard. often i find myself looking for the headline quote in the story and come up with nothing.

Well I have to say I told you so, Webber is ABSOLUTE TURD and next year JB is going to destroy him

You're right mate..but this will happen if ever JB will go to Williams cause I don't think would be a good move atm.........

I don't think he was referring to the drivers although both performed badly this time....Taku Webber satrted 4th and ended up 10th,being overtaken by practically everybody had a slower car,Heidfeld at least started 9th and finished 9th (8th after Ralf demoting),and he also overtook Webber after the stops...which race have you seen guy??

yes but i reiterate heidfeld did nothing. he made no mistakes, yes, but he qualified a below average 9th and finished at a below average 9th. all he did was go through the motions from what i can tell. he overtook webber in the pits, yes. but webber was obviously a wounded animal by the last pitstop.

i'm not saying webber is excused for making the mistakes, but he put the car on p4, made 2 poor errors, and still only finished just behind heidfeld! put into perspective heidfeld really should have done a lot lot better, esp since there was no need to tone down his engine at the end.

Well I have to say I told you so, Webber is ABSOLUTE TURD and next year JB is going to destroy him

ah mr jemstride, i was looking forward to your return. what did you think of mr alonso's race??

ah mr jemstride, i was looking forward to your return.  what did you think of mr alonso's race??

I can answer to that question, it was luck and GF is at least as best as him (if not better) ;)

Kaciaj can you make a list of who overtook Webber on the track? I know Sato did, but Webber had already overtaken him once and Trulli doesn't count because that was off the start line and he was on the dirty side. So apart from Jacques, who?

Have to admit Alonso impressed me in the way he was holding off Schumacher. When Kimi retired I thought, oh no, this flukey little waste of life is going to get another lucky win, reminds me of schumacher. For the first time ever I actually wanted to see Schumacher win! Both lead drivers really impressed me, I thought the move on Button by MS was amazing, I couldnt believe it! I was impressed that FA made no mistakes near the end. I have no idea why Fisi drove into the wall but I can't defend his mistake in quali. And as for Button: YOU GO MY SON!! That first win is on the way

Have to admit Alonso impressed me in the way he was holding off Schumacher. When Kimi retired I thought, oh no, this flukey little waste of life is going to get another lucky win, reminds me of schumacher. For the first time ever I actually wanted to see Schumacher win! Both lead drivers really impressed me, I thought the move on Button by MS was amazing, I couldnt believe it! I was impressed that FA made no mistakes near the end. I have no idea why Fisi drove into the wall but I can't defend his mistake in quali. And as for Button: YOU GO MY SON!! That first win is on the way

... On two conditions:

1) He has a sufficiently better car than MS, KR, FA to overcome the deficit in ability

2) He doesn't have to do any defending.