Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

Williams To Do A Lotus?

What will happen to williams?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to williams?

• They will become an independent team and will never be back
    • They will find an official engine supplier somehow
    • BMW will remain with Williams and Button will join them, stop

With rumours concerning the future of the glorious Williams F.1 team becoming even darker day by day, what do you think will happen to them?

If BMW buys Sauber they are going to lose not only an official engine but also a lot of big sponsors. Now it seems Jenson Button has a clause in his contract that would allow him to avoy the transfer to Williams if they will be forced to race with a customer engine. Not to mention that, would BMW set up their own team buying Sauber Nick Heidfeld will almost certainly join them for 2006.....

If all the rumours are true Williams is going to face their most difficult moment in the last 20 years..

If anything Williams will IMPROVE without BMW

Head has repeatedly suggested that BMW demand too much input and involvement unstead of just being an engine supplier so free from the shackles of BMW Head and co will have far more "creative freedom"

If anything Williams will IMPROVE without BMW

Head has repeatedly suggested that BMW demand too much input and involvement unstead of just being an engine supplier so free from the shackles of BMW Head and co will have far more "creative freedom"

Creative freedom for doing such big mistakes like last year's ugly nosecone?Since Adrian Newey and Geoff Willis departures Williams has never had a fully competitive chassis, cars from 1999 to 2005 were always lacking downforce or aero in some areas and it was just down to BMW's powerful engines that they were competitive in some tracks ,expecially the ultra quick ones like Monza or the old Hockenheim or even Montreal....Now that BMW is no more the most powerful engine on the grid we do see the results...

Creative freedom for doing such big mistakes like last year's ugly nosecone?Since Adrian Newey and Geoff Willis departures Williams has never had a fully competitive chassis, cars from 1999 to 2005 were always lacking downforce or aero in some areas and it was just down to BMW's powerful engines that they were competitive in some tracks ,expecially the ultra quick ones like Monza or the old Hockenheim or even Montreal....Now that BMW is no more the most powerful engine on the grid we do see the results...

I think both BMW and Williams are partly to blame for the team

I think they will either become the factory Cosworth team, or receive customer Toyota (rebranded as Lexus possibly) or Honda engines should the contract with BMW be torn up.

BMW now have 2 engine failures plus one at Spain which dropped Nick back and also Webber's so 4!

If BMW turn their backs on Williams then it will in no way signal the end for Williams, same thing happened in 1997 but then Renault gave them some notice before hand

BMW now have 2 engine failures plus one at Spain which dropped Nick back and also Webber's so 4!

more than the honda's have failed this year.

I now like i thought in january would choose a honda engne above any other!

Williams is one of the most estabilished teams in the F1 World, they will not miss BMW (as i stated my opinion in other thread), they ARE competent and they ARE winners. The darkest period, as Kaciaj said, was with the Mechacrome engines and because of that mistake i don

button wont join williams if he is sensible, and if hinda didnt want an f1 team why do they now own 45% of BAR! nd will no doubt buy out the rest of it!

What williams need is sort out their administration problems. they seem to me so disorganised. even the way they choose their drivers like nick and antonio. i really hated that. they dont have a RON DENNIS, NORBERT, TODT, FLAVIO, BRAWN, OR ADRIAN figure. okay Sam is there but how young is the guy and who helps him out. i think their car is too big and high. it needs to be more simple. inshort for the last couple of years the car has not evolved much. as a matter of fact they should have won the championships in 2003. Another thing, they need to be stronger, more determined, cooperative, selective, secretive, and get a technology centre like the MCLAREN'S all under one roof. now my friends, that is great. and yeah drivers should stop makin mistakes

Williams is one of the most estabilished teams in the F1 World, they will not miss BMW (as i stated my opinion in other thread), they ARE competent and they ARE winners. The darkest period, as Kaciaj said, was with the Mechacrome engines and because of that mistake i don

It would also give back an American marque in the circus...Lexus,despite being owned by Toyota is after all an American luxury carmaker

It would also give back an American marque in the circus...Lexus,despite being owned by Toyota is after all an American luxury carmaker

more than the honda's have failed this year.

I now like i thought in january would choose a honda engne above any other!

What are you talking about? Honda has the second most engine failures to their name.

What are you talking about? Honda has the second most engine failures to their name.

Well he is talking sense - BMW have 4 failures and so more than what Honda have. What's wrong with that?

Well he is talking sense - BMW have 4 failures and so more than what Honda have. What's wrong with that?

Why would you pick an engine that was second most likely to fail in a season that demands reliability? It does not make any sense, in fact.

Why would you pick an engine that was second most likely to fail in a season that demands reliability? It does not make any sense, in fact.

Ok then I misread his comment and thought he said he'd chose Honda over BMW :lol: Are you sure they are second though? I remember a few failures in the Jordan.

Right if I was Sir Frank I would Hire Button and Webber (don't really think webber is anygood but he will knowing Frank I would prefer to see Klien in that seat).

For engines If your that desperate why not get Cosworth engines. Minardi have them I know but Red Bull have as well and I haven't ever seen them have an engine failure this season and Red Bull are doing quite well with pace so Cosworth are fast and reliable.

Drivers and engine are sorted. Test drivers I don't know why they are wasting their time on Piquet Jnr i dont see much talent in him in my opinion Klien is better so is Scott Speed. Or why not get the well experienced Jaques Villenueve. I know people think OMG why him but if he is a tester he will give you great feedback on the car and how to improve it BAR used it and look at them in 2004. Sauber dont want it so F*** them. Williams should Villenueve has more talent in improving a car than driving one lol. :D

I'd much prefer he raced a Williams, but if he loses his Sauber drive I'd be thrilled if JV were to test for Williams.

Why on Earth would Honda, basically an engine supplier, want to join forces with BMW, another engine supplier? This is the most illogical thing I have heard from you since you voiced your opinion on Monteiro.

Well, looks like i