Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Whos The Better Driver

Jenson or Juan Pablo?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Jenson or Juan Pablo?

• JB
    • JPM

Your statistics clearly show that Montoya has been more successful. However, you have suggested that this means he is a better driver when it does not. Why do you do this?

There is more to success than driver skill as you know, the quality of equipment is at least as important and a substantial difference in this regard (as Montoya has enjoyed over Button), more than makes up for difference in these drivers' respective skill levels.

It gets tiring explaining the same, simple truth over and over again: a driver's equipment is at least as important in determining his skill level as his absolute results are.

I for once agree with you completely.

How dare you call me a lass :angry:

No harm done ;)

oh sorry, just assumed you were. My mistake!

I for once agree with you completely.

I know, considering i disliked bajo when he first joined, it has to be said he has VERY valid points and actually is ok, though i still disagree with him many times, hes VERY valuble on this ere forum!

Your statistics clearly show that Montoya has been more successful. However, you have suggested that this means he is a better driver when it does not. Why do you do this?

There is more to success than driver skill as you know, the quality of equipment is at least as important and a substantial difference in this regard (as Montoya has enjoyed over Button), more than makes up for difference in these drivers' respective skill levels.

It gets tiring explaining the same, simple truth over and over again: a driver's equipment is at least as important in determining his skill level as his absolute results are.

Indeed.

It seems the majority think JPM is better, but ofcourse when this became clear to JR, he told us why it was wrong to compare them, even though he started this thread, and will tell us to the death how great JB is.

It seems the majority think JPM is better, but ofcourse when this became clear to JR, he told us why it was wrong to compare them, even though he started this thread, and will tell us to the death how great JB is.

This poll perfectly illustrates the problems of democracy: namely that the voters are mostly idiots!

This poll perfectly illustrates the problems of democracy: namely that the voters are mostly idiots!

Never mind

I hate these damn polls. In all honesty you can't tell with full conclusion that either is better than the other as they have never been teammates. Of course, you can say M$ is better than most of the field as his record proves it. But with these two, on the one hand you have a smooth, consistent driver who has maximised his equipment, although for whatever reason has never won and his defensive driving leaves alot to be desired - Jenson. On the other hand you have a ballsy racer who drives with flair and is ragged at times, which is sometimes a weakness, yet he is a proven winner over a number of categories, including F1 - Montoya. I can only say which driver I prefer, and that is Montoya.

JB is my second favourite driver behind MS, but some ppl need to get with the program.  <_<

Flavio dropped him in favour of FA

Williams dropped him in favor of JPM

What does that tell you

Agreed, there's a very simple reason why Jenson isn't in the fast cars and JPM is.

Also, for those who said that Williams regretted signing JPM, there is no prove for that as it was JPM who dropped Williams for Mclaren. Frank approached JB with not much choices left.

People in F1 aren't blind, why would they waste "talents" like JB if there's no one faster than him.

The below is how I rank the drivers

MS

FA-KR

JPM-RB

JB-MW-NH-GF-JT

the rest is irrelevant.

I would say 43.75% of them are idiots in this case.

(Note: at time of posting JB had 43.75% of votes.)

It was ok for yourself, and Senna to imply the JPM voters were idiots.....

from those 2 definetly JPM

but i rank the present drivers like this.

MS,JV,KR,JPM,

then

FA,JB,GF,JT,NH,FM,RB

then the rest....

i know there people who don't agree, but remeber a world champion is always a world champion.

MS,JV,KR,JPM,

then

FA,JB,GF,JT,NH,FM,RB

then the rest....

i know there people who don't agree, but remeber a world champion is always a world champion.

Intresting to see that you have FA in a different league Kenneth. :)

Intresting to see that you have FA in a different league Kenneth.  :)

yepp man i don't see him doing great things , ok he's young etc... maybe after this year i will rate him more like one of the top, but we have to wait and see cos if he loose this champion ship then...hehheh

but he's doing ok till now was excellent.

MS,JV,KR,JPM,

then

FA,JB,GF,JT,NH,FM,RB

then the rest....

You have now confirmed your complete lack of F1 knowledge :o

Also, for those who said that Williams regretted signing JPM, there is no prove for that as it was JPM who dropped Williams for Mclaren. Frank approached JB with not much choices left.

People in F1 aren't blind, why would they waste "talents" like JB if there's no one faster than him.

The below is how I rank the drivers

MS

FA-KR

JPM-RB

JB-MW-NH-GF-JT

the rest is irrelevant.

Agree

You have now confirmed your complete lack of F1 knowledge :o

because you dooesn't agree doesn't mean lack of....

and maybe i 've been watching f1 when you was p**sing on a nappy idiot

aswhole...

for me there's 2 world champ in f1 at the moment ok, then there's ohter 2 near to win one KR and JPM then the rest sometimes good sometimes bad etc....

now there's FA doing great then do that question next year maybe i put him there too, but i'm talking to facts here not personal opinions....

cheers man .