Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

demonhorse

Wtf?? :s

I was half awake and they cut to footage before the race, and I saw Schumachers car with a wheel hanging off and pandemonium in the Ferrari garage as they prepare the T-Car (which I didn't think any teams had any more?)

Anyone see what happened? I assume it was as he went to the grid?

Either way a great shame... Schumacher had bad luck in China last year too as I recall. :(

I was half awake and they cut to footage before the race, and I saw Schumachers car with a wheel hanging off and pandemonium in the Ferrari garage as they prepare the T-Car (which I didn't think any teams had any more?)

Anyone see what happened? I assume it was as he went to the grid?

Either way a great shame... Schumacher had bad luck in China last year too as I recall. :(

Albers hit schumacher from behind before the RACE STARTED!!!! its weird isn't it! everything that renault think that it might get in between them and Mclaren gets hit by some other car! first it was montiero hitting montoya, then sato hitting schumacher, then its albers!

Albers hit schumacher from behind before the RACE STARTED!!!! its weird isn't it! everything that renault think that it might get in between them and Mclaren gets hit by some other car! first it was montiero hitting montoya, then sato hitting schumacher, then its albers!

Oh dear, I assume Albers will be suitably penalised for completely f**king up what could have been a good race for MS (assuming it was Albers at fault and not his car).

Oh dear, I assume Albers will be suitably penalised for completely f**king up what could have been a good race for MS (assuming it was Albers at fault and not his car).

What is Albers going to loose if he get a penalty

Thanks, Christjian, for screwing up what could have been a good race for schumi. pr1ck.

Thanks, Christjian, for screwing up what could have been a good race for schumi. pr1ck.

Albers is is a useless driver who does not deserve to b in F1! :mf_tongue:

he cannot drive without hitting any1 even when the race hasn't started! he sucks!

:angry:

Schumi spun off in rookie style anyway. It was worse then Button at Monza....

obviously he had some problem with his new car!!! Ferrari got only 4-5 mins to get that car ready to race!!!!!!

but i still didn't get that "HOW EVERYTHIN THAT GETS IN BETN RANAULT AND McLAREN GETS HIT BY SOME1". :eusa_think:

Out of all the fans in F1, Ferrari fans are the best whingers. MS has had the best luck for 5 years its about time he gets some bad luck.

ONE complaint and you make a sweeping generalisation about ALL Ferrari fans? puh-leaase

Albers was not to fault, not MS either really.

It was a case of one car going slow and another fast.

MS was in the middle of the track clearly didn't see Albers coming and went to the left where Albers was going to overtake him...

But why the need to overtake, why the need to rush the Minardi to the grid. Pathetic driving from Albers and us Ferrari fans do not whinge, we just have experienced such a dismal season. Well atleast an up from that is that this season is all over with Michael Schumacher and Ferrari 3rd in both Drivers and Constructors. Incredible after poor showings at the occasional grand prix e.g Spa, Italy and most recently China.

Albers has as much right to go to the grid fast as MS does to go slow.

You could say Albers should have stopped/slowed more

You could say MS should have looked in his mirrors.

It was just a racing incident that MS could have prevented, but neither is to blame.

I am kinda MS fan i guess, but i would say it was partially his own mistake not to be on lookout at that situation. I think MS assumes too much lately of his fellow drivers :P What intrests me far more however is why the spin later in race, i never saw replay that would show cause of it :( Was it his own mistake or some failure?

Out of all the fans in F1, Ferrari fans are the best whingers. MS has had the best luck for 5 years its about time he gets some bad luck.

Michael is quite possibly the luckiest driver ever. His machinery has been superb and his team-mates have been poor. The media is condemning the Ferrari F2005 as a terrible car, one of the worst of his career, but its still good enough for Michael to finish 3rd in the WDC and the team to finish 3rd in the WCC!

Michael is quite possibly the luckiest driver ever. His machinery has been superb and his team-mates have been poor. The media is condemning the Ferrari F2005 as a terrible car, one of the worst of his career, but its still good enough for Michael to finish 3rd in the WDC and the team to finish 3rd in the WCC!

Well, for his standards thats pathetic i guess ;) From year 1994 upto today with exception of 1996 (and sorta 1997 considering penalty for his actions) he always been either 1 or 2.

EDIT: Forgot 1999 where he was third i guess after being out over half season. But he was leading that even several GP's after being out :P Heck, if he had come back about 3 GP's earlier he could have competed for that year championship as well i think :P

Yup, agree with Kay_zee, MS was going slow and cut across to be on the racing line, albers was going fast on the racing line and they hit, they are both at fault.

Does anyone know if the Stewards took any action over this? I think it was a 'knock for a knock' incident, but either way one of them may have been to blame. And a suitable penalty issued. What would have happened if Alonso and Raikainen had had the same incident on the way to the grid? there would have been up roar and constructors championships at stake?

Albers is is a useless driver who does not deserve to b in F1! :mf_tongue:

he cannot drive without hitting any1 even when the race hasn't started! he sucks!

:angry:

obviously he had some problem with his new car!!! Ferrari got only 4-5 mins to get that car ready to race!!!!!!

but i still didn't get that "HOW EVERYTHIN THAT GETS IN BETN RANAULT AND McLAREN GETS HIT BY SOME1". :eusa_think:

Why dont you accept its schmi fault he shouldnt be traveling at 5 mph on the exit of a fast corner plus he span out patheticly any ways lol

Both of them were partially to blame so it would be very difficult to give either a penalty - schumi shouldn't have been going that slow on the racing line, albers shouldn't have been going that quick on the racing line, simple as that.

Indeed! Schumi does not seem to go well in Shanghai!

Not at all! He did poorly at the other new venue, Istanbul, as well

Albers was not to fault, not MS either really.

It was a case of one car going slow and another fast.

MS was in the middle of the track clearly didn't see Albers coming and went to the left where Albers was going to overtake him...

For anyone who happens to care - this one was Schumi's fault for being asleep at the wheel as he drove to the grid. He turned directly into Albers as he was coming up alongside him, without bothering to check his mirrors for traffic. There is nothing that prohibits overtaking another car on the approach to the grid (as MS is well aware) so there is no excuse for MS weaving infront of Albers as he approached him at the end of the straight.

Couldn't agree more.

And, just to put paid to any further debate on the issue, read the following account which confirms that the Stewards also concluded that it was Schumi's fault, not the hapless Albers.

http://www.gp2005.com/news/controller.php?...m&news_id=15312

Just a lesson in not jumping on the band wagon and always blaming someone else for the 7 times WDC's mistakes.