Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Jv: I Never Doubted Bmw

Recommended Posts

JV: I NEVER DOUBTED BMW

ITV

34201_1.jpg

Jacques Villeneuve claims he was not surprised by BMW's decision to retain him alongside Nick Heidfeld because he always expected it to honour his two-year contract with Sauber.

The 1997 Formula 1 world champion's future has been the subject of intense speculation since his poor run of form early in 2005 with Sauber.

And while his performances improved, BMW's acquisition of the Swiss team in July only served to fuel those rumours.

But JV remained resolute in his convictions throughout and has been rewarded with a factory BMW drive in 2006.

"Of course, I am very happy, but it is what I have been expecting all along because there was a contract in place," he told his website.

"I am still very motivated, which is why I signed the two-year deal with Sauber last year.

"I have had a great year in terms of my work with the engineers on the development of the car, and our hard work has been evident in that there was steady progress made."

Villeneuve believes BMW is a key part of his plan to return to the front of the field and recognises that this is his chance to prove he still has what it takes to be a winner in F1.

"I came back to be successful, unfortunately the Sauber was not as competitive this year as we all had thought it could be.

"I expect that, with the increased budget that BMW can offer, we can improve steadily, because Sauber is a very efficient team already.

"I really feel 2006 is going to be a fantastic year."

JV warned against expectations of an instant return to glory however and said that it would take time before BMW was able to challenge its manufacturer rivals.

"It

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:eusa_think: But will JV be around to see that upward trend???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:eusa_think: But will JV be around to see that upward trend???

I suspect he will be shown the door at BMW at the end of 2006 but if he returns to his 2003 form in time, he might be retained. I think BMW are looking primarily for German drivers and would prefer German speaking drivers if they can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They also appear to want youth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is a sad trend in all of motorsports I'm afraid, youth over experiance :nono1:

Antonia, not to pick on her is a prime example.........looks and youth over the ugly old veterans...........

Experience used to be under-rated but I think DC put paid to that thinking last season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Experience used to be under-rated but I think DC put paid to that thinking last season...

I knew he would be a good signing for RBR. I bet Ferrari are disappointed DC went to RBR, at this stage in his career, DC would have been an excellent test driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Experience used to be under-rated but I think DC put paid to that thinking last season...

Yes the right veteran can help a team greatly........

Not that I am or was a big DC fan......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it depends also on the qualities of a relative new driver, if they are willing to accept they have much more to learn then it can be quite rewarding. Unfortunately some drivers think they are all it when they've got an F1 drive, perhaps why a lot of drivers find their second season the hardest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well it depends also on the qualities of a relative new driver, if they are willing to accept they have much more to learn then it can be quite rewarding. Unfortunately some drivers think they are all it when they've got an F1 drive, perhaps why a lot of drivers find their second season the hardest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well it depends also on the qualities of a relative new driver, if they are willing to accept they have much more to learn then it can be quite rewarding. Unfortunately some drivers think they are all it when they've got an F1 drive, perhaps why a lot of drivers find their second season the hardest.

Well said Kay. Nice to see you posting again. Missed you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, welcome back Kay.

As for young drivers, apparently BMW will begin grooming Sebastien Vettel for F1. He's only 18 I think but BMW have big wraps on him. I doubt he'll race in the near future but he is a big talent from what I hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not heard of him. I'm waiting patiently for Lewis Hamilton to come into f1 with mclaren, he's the next british hope! Cos cant see Paffett ever doing much, or Wheldon. Seb Bourdais must surely be here in the next couple of years too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"JV: I NEVER DOUBTED BMW"

Sure you never Jacques.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really happy for him. he's a real fighter and i hope he can match nickky boy

Not heard of him. I'm waiting patiently for Lewis Hamilton to come into f1 with mclaren, he's the next british hope! Cos cant see Paffett ever doing much, or Wheldon. Seb Bourdais must surely be here in the next couple of years too

i'd love to see gary though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F1 needs "young pistols" like any other sport but not at any price... Kovalainen and Rosberg seems to be good enough but i hardly doubt Paftet, Speed and all this guys are any better than Wurz or De la Rosa. DC has demonstrated this year how good can be for a team an experienced driver, Klien is not a bad driver (probably just as good as any of the drivers that have been named in this thread) but the scottish has outscored him in an absolutelly clear fashion. I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well theres 1 thing I can agree with u on! I'd love to DC winning again but newey's input will only show in the 2007 car so DC will have to wait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well theres 1 thing I can agree with u on! I'd love to DC winning again but newey's input will only show in the 2007 car so DC will have to wait

I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I suspect he will be shown the door at BMW at the end of 2006 but if he returns to his 2003 form in time, he might be retained. I think BMW are looking primarily for German drivers and would prefer German speaking drivers if they can't get the former. They also appear to want youth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"JV: I NEVER DOUBTED BMW"

Sure you never Jacques.

Craig Pollock is one of the best managers in F1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Pollock is one of the best managers in F1.

:roll::rofl::roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have missed the comedic aspect to Senna's post pumpdoc, would you care to point me to which aspect you are laughing at ;):lol:

I agree with what Senna says though. Whilst he wasn't a good team boss, he's shown he is well adept at negotiating very solid contracts for his client. Richards couldn't drop JV when he was under contract and it seems neither could BMW.

I'm waiting patiently for Lewis Hamilton to come into f1 with mclaren, he's the next british hope!

he'll blow Button and most of the others out of the water. I think he is the only Brit on the horizon who can and probably will win the World Champion, Button included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:roll::rofl::roll:

Seriously. For simply getting Renault and Sauber to sign JV he should be regarded as one of the best managers. Willi Weber is the best manager in F1 for getting Williams and Toyota to sign Ralf for ridiculous sums of money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
he'll blow Button and most of the others out of the water. I think he is the only Brit on the horizon who can and probably will win the World Champion, Button included.

We don't know that. Button had an incredible pre-f1 record, winning countless karting championships and 3rd in his first and only F3 year, and Button hasnt won yet in f1. Mind you Hamilton will have a nice advantage if he enters f1 with mclaren!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...