Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Murray Walker Commentates At The Aus GP

Great news, will make Crompton's call this year almost bearable...

Whats wrong with Crompton?

I personally think it would be interesting to have Richie Benaud and Mark Taylor commentating the formula 1. That would be one interesting Grand Prix.

I personally think it would be interesting to have Richie Benaud and Mark Taylor commentating the formula 1.

:blink: God forbid

Don't care about Murray really, he's too old now, I'll take the full ITV coverage or the full ESPN-Star Sports coverage anytime, that seems to be too much to ask for though :(<_<

Richie Benaud would still be describing the start after the chequered flag! Smashing bloke but lives in a different time zone to the rest of the world.

I personally think it would be interesting to have Richie Benaud and Mark Taylor commentating the formula 1. That would be one interesting Grand Prix.

You are joking right??? That would be the equivalent of jogging on hot coals for an entire grand prix.

You are joking right??? That would be the equivalent of jogging on hot coals for an entire grand prix.

He wouldnt be the worst. The worst commentator ive ever heard was the American ice hockey commentator in the winter olympics. After ten minutes i had to turn to another channel because he was so annoying.

ESPN's soccer commentators are the worst I would say.... How the hell can an American and an Irishman(who thinks he's American) commentate on European football?

Whats wrong with Crompton?

Nothings actually wrong with him and he does an OK job when he calls the whole race. I would just rather not have to listen to him for the whole race. ;)

And other good news - WWE has re-called 'Good ol' J.R.' to commentate on this saturday's "Saturday Night's Main Event' show :thbup:

As long as they are prepared for the fact that Murray will be waiting at an empty track in Austria......

"And Alonso is 22.2 second ahead of Michael as Webber comes in to the pits from the entry end"

i get to go to germany over the summer from june till end of july so i get 3 races with German comentary, still the best in the world.

here is a look at what they are showing for malysia

due to the time differancial they cut down on coverage, but usaly they would show friday practice. and insteast of 1 hour before the race they would have 1 and a half hours coverage before the race of analysis and such with Niki Lauda and other former drivers. Lauda is a part of the comentaitor team. and every time they film him, they never show his right side.

saturday

06:00 amFormel 1: Practice

06:45 am Formel 1: Qualifying

12:45 pmFormel 1: Qualifying (rerun)

sunday

06:45 am Formel 1: Warm up

07:00 am Formel 1: Countdown

08:00 am Formel 1: Race

09:45 am Formel 1: Highlights

12:45 pm Formel 1: Race (reruns)

14:45 pm Formel 1: Highlights (rerun)

Yes, the australian GP is excellent apart from the race which is usually rather dull thanks to the circuit! But if the circuit allowed much overtaking then Aus will easily be the best GP simply because its in australia and australians have amazig accents and they know how to put an event on with style!

I read he's only doing Friday practice and declined the race itself.

Good..

or isit :unsure: since we might get a special edition Aussie duo for it :(

don't care if I get to watch it live, fingers crossed :D

Yes, the australian GP is excellent apart from the race which is usually rather dull thanks to the circuit! But if the circuit allowed much overtaking then Aus will easily be the best GP simply because its in australia and australians have amazig accents and they know how to put an event on with style!

The circuit is rubbish and tends to provide dull races due to the circuit not being particularly conducive to overtaking

The circuit is rubbish and tends to provide dull races due to the circuit not being particularly conducive to overtaking

Yes I've been playing adelaide a lot on Toca Race Driver 3, and watched it a few times on TV with Aussie V8's, and it does look a lot more entertaining than Melbourne, where u cant overtake