Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Hamilton Making Me A Believer

if I was ron i would put hamilton next to alonso, if ron doesn't someone else will, and ron will have wasted all the investment he's done on hamilton over the years

if I was ron i would put hamilton next to alonso, if ron doesn't someone else will, and ron will have wasted all the investment he's done on hamilton over the years

Does McRon have Hamilton on contract?

Surely that's a given right? Why would Ron and Norg put in all the time & money to help Hamilton if they don't have him under contract. If Hamilton does end up driving for another team, it would be because Ron let him do so. In this day and age, I just can't see Hamilton having free range over whoever offers him a ride.

Does McRon have Hamilton on contract?

Yep. Apparently, Darth Dennis took him on as his apprentice when he was 11. Taken by the dark side at 11, poor kid :(

(The 11 year old thing is true, and Dennis does control his career)

Sounds to me like he's a better hope for Brit drivers than Button, though would be good to have more than DC and JB representing brit hopes on the grid.

Look what Alonso has done to Fissi in the last two seasons, no matter how good this guy is, he will be destroyed by his team mate and made to look a fool. He needs at least a few years as a test driver or time in a minor team before racing for Mclaren.

In all honesty even Rosberg has been quite average when taking his first 7 GPs into account. GP2 is NOT F1!!!

Eurosport/

ART Grand Prix's Lewis Hamilton doubled over home fans in Silverstone, winning the sprint race on Sunday ahead of Felix Porteiro (Campus Racing) and compatriot Adam Carroll (Racing Engineering) to take both races of the Great Britain GP2 weekend and move into a commanding 24 point championship lead.

This guy is the next best thing and would be wasted as a test driver.

Look what Alonso has done to Fissi in the last two seasons, no matter how good this guy is, he will be destroyed by his team mate and made to look a fool. He needs at least a few years as a test driver or time in a minor team before racing for Mclaren.

In all honesty even Rosberg has been quite average when taking his first 7 GPs into account. GP2 is NOT F1!!!

well, first of all Mclaren is not 1 driver team like Renault. That means, Hamilton doesn't have to try to adapt to Alonso's awkward race setups like Fisico in Renault. So, I am sure it will be ok for Hamilton.

well, first of all Mclaren is not 1 driver team like Renault.

:lol: Ok let's get this straight.

Prost complained.

DC complained.

Montoya complains.

I saw Hamilton yesterday and he was dominant to say the least. He started 8th but just after half distance was in the lead, having overtaken 2 cars in one move. He pulled out a big lead in no more than 3 laps then backed off until the end. He looked very impressive to me.

:lol: Ok let's get this straight.

Prost complained.

DC complained.

Montoya complains.

Yeah, thats right.

And lets see:

Barrichello didn't complain

Massa doesn't complain

Fisichella doesn't complain

if they would complain, they would be kicked out :D

Murray, I have to agree with you. I saw, at last, Hamilton race. I am mightily impressed.

Another driver to impress me was Caroll. He did well.

As did good 'ole Pantano. I always liked his style at Jordan. He slid that car around like it was a '60's era machine.

In the end it was Hamilton that kept me watching. Get this boy in F1 fast!

Yeah, thats right.

And lets see:

Barrichello didn't complain

Massa doesn't complain

Fisichella doesn't complain

Barrichello did complain. Endlessly, especially if you ever heard waht he used to say to the Brazilian media. Fisi does complain, and justifiably most of the time.

you're just scared cos if hamilton goes to mclaren and beats alonso only once, alonso will look a complete fool. Hamilton will not be expected to beat alonso at all but if/when he does I will love every minute! You're probably right that he should have a year at a smaller team first like alonso and kimi did, and get the rookie mistakes out of the way

If Lewis does team up with Alonso, I totally expect Alonso to beat him, but I expect Lewis will give him a scare quite a fair few times. Some rookies take their time to get settled, others are on the ball from lap 1 of pre season testing. I expect Lewis to be the latter.

Rookies always show up their experienced team-mate at least once or twice in a season. Button made ralf look silly a few times in 2000 (JPM did so in 01 too), nico rosberg got 3rd on grid in malaysia and theres loads more in other years, Hamilton will surely once/twice/3 times finish ahead of alonso, and all it takes is for that to happen once and everyone will start getting on alonso's back and questioning his ability! All Hamilton has to do is not make too many mistakes, score points and people will be impressed. If he wins races that would be a bonus