Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Argento Reloaded

Wich Is Best Non F1 Racing Car Ever?

This is really difficult! How about Ferrari 250GTO? Or Lola T70? There are so many, I must think about this.

This is really difficult! How about Ferrari 250GTO? Or Lola T70? There are so many, I must think about this.

Of course there were many. "La Regina" Lancia Stratos!! What a car!! Someday I

I agree the 917 was the most successful. But I think others were more beautiful to look at.

OOH, Great thread!

This should bring some forgotten cars back to life.

The GT40 is cool

I have also to mention the Audi Quattro rally car, totally crazy! I can hear it now SNARRRP!!

OOH, Great thread!

This should bring some forgotten cars back to life.

The GT40 is cool

I have also to mention the Audi Quattro rally car, totally crazy! I can hear it now SNARRRP!!

I know some of you will all laugh out loud but I have to say it....The Triumph Spitfire won it's class in SCCA several years in a row and it still wins at the run offs in the H production class. :clap3:

Additionally most of you could probably afford to go out and buy one and restore it for less that half the cost of a new car!!!

I also love the old Jaguar D type but who can afford 1.5 million US for a toy!!

ok you can start laughin now!

I know some of you will all laugh out loud but I have to say it....The Triumph Spitfire won it's class in SCCA several years in a row and it still wins at the run offs in the H production class. :clap3:

Additionally most of you could probably afford to go out and buy one and restore it for less that half the cost of a new car!!!

I was tempted a few years back by a nice white spitfire....(I was at a scottish festival...which may sound pretty odd to our british friends...I mean, it's not like you brits have an american festival, eh?).

Not at all. The Sh#tfire is an old favourite of mine. But I'd prefer a GT6. (Mk2 with rotoflex)

Not at all. The Sh#tfire is an old favourite of mine. But I'd prefer a GT6. (Mk2 with rotoflex)

I like the GT6 too! Some call it the poor mans Etype.

Where to start, the Nissan GTP cars of the late 80's, the McLaren Can-Am cars, the 71 or 72 Penske McLaren USAC Indy cars (the sunoco specials) driven by Donahue and Revson.......... more later.

Where to start, the Nissan GTP cars of the late 80's, the McLaren Can-Am cars, the 71 or 72 Penske McLaren USAC Indy cars (the sunoco specials) driven by Donahue and Revson.......... more later.

That's a series I'd like back again. I was too young for it during it's glory day...

pht20050301c100.jpg

Those McLaren CanAm were beatifuls (mainly the M20 of 1972) and won many races and championships but since the 1972 season they were beaten in a row by the 917/30 and its 1100CV!!!

Those McLaren CanAm were beatifuls (mainly the M20 of 1972) and won many races and championships but since the 1972 season they were beaten in a row by the 917/30 and its 1100CV!!!

......and it killed the series :(

^^^^Lovely car, glad you brought that one up, it gave me wood back then and still does :P

Great topic, I'm surprised its never been asked before! I'm far from being a racing car expert but I would agree with whoever said audi quattro rally car, as it redefined rally cars and for its time was incredible

Well as for my nominated car... The Mclaren F1 GTR!

The summer of '95; seven GTR's enter the formidable Le Mans 24 hour race. It was the greatest Le Mans debut ever, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 13th overall and 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the GT class.