Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

2007 Season Predictions

most likely quit? why do u make up such weird stuff from nowhere? And couldnt your comment about jumping into the fastest car also be applied to alonso? After 2005 he decided he'd have the luxury of moving to mclaren with the fastest car. And what on earth is wrong with a driver moving to a different team thinking that it will give him a better chance of winning a wdc?

The silly thing is, I dont like kimi or schumacher, never have done, and yet i constantly end up siding with their supporters cos the alonso fans just dont make sense and never make any real valid arguments!

Well from the sensationalist crap you pull from nowhere to try and slander Alonso why would anyone care what you think constitutes a valid arguement?

Get some credibility before you question anyone elses.

Sorry. Whom are you talking about as *he* ? I just cannot guess. And why "most likely quit" ? I have no clue. Give just a bit of hint. Thanx.
If you followed the previous posts youd see I was talking about Kimi leaving McLaren after he knew Alonso was on his way there.

Assuming that Toro Rosso get authorisation to use Red Bull's Adrian Newey's designed car then making predictions has just become alot harder.

If you followed the previous posts youd see I was talking about Kimi leaving McLaren after he knew Alonso was on his way there.

And what is the "problem" here ? And why leave F-1 ? Any arguements and facts ? Thanx.

Assuming that Toro Rosso get authorisation to use Red Bull's Adrian Newey's designed car then making predictions has just become alot harder.

Scott Speed, 2007 WDC!!

Scott Speed, 2007 WDC!!

... in GP-2 ? Sorry. And how many points did SS scored already in F-1 ? Sorry.

... in GP-2 ? Sorry. And how many points did SS scored already in F-1 ? Sorry.

:lol: I was, of course, kidding!! I would love to hear the Star-Spangled Banner played after a race, but I fear Scott isn't the one to make that happen........

CHAMPIONSHIP 07????

1 Red Bull

2 Toro Rosso

3 Ferrari...

is Newey's car this good :lol:

I hope not. I'm banking on McLaren giving Hammy a good car.

:lol: I was, of course, kidding!! I would love to hear the Star-Spangled Banner played after a race, but I fear Scott isn't the one to make that happen........

Im not well informed on the American race car driver but i imagine its a simular problem as here in Australia. It is extremely expensive to go to Europe to pursue a career in F1 and most of the time the best drivers cant afford it so they get stuck in the national racing series instead of F1 where they should be. I know for a fact that several drivers in V8 Supercars could have made it into F1 if they had the money and its probably the same in America with some of your racing series like CART.

Sadly there are plenty of very talented drivers the world over that never got the opportunity to show their stuff in Formula One. But that sadly is life :D

Sadly there are plenty of very talented drivers the world over that never got the opportunity to show their stuff in Formula One. But that sadly is life :D

And even good ones that make it, often don't make it. Chris Amon; Martin Brundle; Jean Alesi; Justin Wilson (to name a small few).

ykick, you are almost correct about American racing. At the moment (and it wasn't always like this) NASCAR draws a huge amount of potential talent away from the path to Formula 1. The struggles of being overseas also factors into it...much easier to settle for an American series than pursue your F1 dream (kudos to Scott for having the balls to give F1 a go). ChampCar (CART) seems to be a one-way street these days...

ykick, you are almost correct about American racing. At the moment (and it wasn't always like this) NASCAR draws a huge amount of potential talent away from the path to Formula 1. The struggles of being overseas also factors into it...much easier to settle for an American series than pursue your F1 dream (kudos to Scott for having the balls to give F1 a go). ChampCar (CART) seems to be a one-way street these days...

Its easy for Europeans as the cream does tend to rise to the top and the best drivers do get in F1. Its alot harder for the non Europeans as im certain Webber isnt the best Australian racing car driver and im only guessing but i doubt Speed is the best American racing car driver.

Its easy for Europeans as the cream does tend to rise to the top and the best drivers do get in F1. Its alot harder for the non Europeans as im certain Webber isnt the best Australian racing car driver and im only guessing but i doubt Speed is the best American racing car driver.

Question for you ykick, which current Australian driver would you rate higher than MW??

I'm sure I know who you are going to say :D

Question for you ykick, which current Australian driver would you rate higher than MW??

Just in the V8 Supercars i think Mark Skaife, Rick Kelly and Craig Lowndes could have all made it to F1 if they had the money when they were younger.

I'm sure I know who you are going to say :D

Did i say what you thought i was going to say?

Just in the V8 Supercars i think Mark Skaife, Rick Kelly and Craig Lowndes could have all made it to F1 if they had the money when they were younger.

Did i say what you thought i was going to say?

Yes you did :D

I would rate Skaife & Lowndes on an equal par with Webber.

The verdict is still out on Rick Kelly IMO. But an awesome young talent that's for sure.

Yes you did :D

I would rate Skaife & Lowndes on an equal par with Webber.

The verdict is still out on Rick Kelly IMO. But an awesome young talent that's for sure.

I dont think we will ever know for sure but i think both Skaife and Lowndes could have done very well in F1 and in my opinion they are better drivers than Webber is.

You wanna know something marginally interesting ykick? Well, I lied because it's not interesting at all, but here goes anyway: SpeedTV is going to show the V8 season very soon and I'm going to watch it. Now for the really fun part.....it was BATracer that got me interested in it.

And you're right, ykick, there are plenty of American racers that would do a better job than Speed.

You wanna know something marginally interesting ykick? Well, I lied because it's not interesting at all, but here goes anyway: SpeedTV is going to show the V8 season very soon and I'm going to watch it. Now for the really fun part.....it was BATracer that got me interested in it.

It was a good year and i hope you enjoy it.

And you're right, ykick, there are plenty of American racers that would do a better job than Speed.

As you know im a very patriotic person and i love supporting Australians but it annoys me that the best Australians racers arnt in F1. Webber is a good driver but i know there are better ones in the V8 Supercars.

I dont think we will ever know for sure but i think both Skaife and Lowndes could have done very well in F1 and in my opinion they are better drivers than Webber is.

Your right we will never know. It's just too hard to say weather MW is better or not than Skaife & Lowndes. I'll sit on the proverbial fence with this one and say they are on an equal par (As I stated earlier :D ).

Be sure to let us know what you think Mike.

EDIT: My apologies for my part in hijacking the 2007 predictions thread with a V8 Supercar driver analysis :D

Well from the sensationalist crap you pull from nowhere to try and slander Alonso why would anyone care what you think constitutes a valid arguement?

Get some credibility before you question anyone elses.

Ferrari was interested in Kimi way b4 then, actually Ron Dennis made a quick move acquiring Kimi and beat Todt to it. Todt was abit p**sed off about it. Kimi was always gonna go to Ferrari...

EDIT:

oh, by the way Player1, this is probably why Kimi reason for driving Ferrari, and not just money talking....

Paradise awaits Kimi

Friday 5 January at 08:21 : Jean Alesi has told Ferrari's new signing, Kimi Raikkonen, that driving for the Maranello based team in F1 is a privilege.

The Frenchman, who has now left Germany's DTM touring car series, raced a red single seater between 1991 and 1995.

"Ferrari? It is the best place to be in F1," 42-year-old Alesi, having raced his last grand prix for Jordan in 2001, told the magazine Auto Motor und Sport.

He added: "For Raikkonen, a paradise awaits.

"I remember signing autographs for a whole hour on an Italian freeway -- just because I drove for Ferrari.

"It's like being a doctor -- you are respected for it all over the world."

Alesi insists that he does not regret pulling out of a deal with Williams in 1991 to drive a less competitive Ferrari.

"You say I could have become world champion? I also could have died. Like (Ayrton) Senna, who also drove for Williams, who knows what my destiny could have been."

As you know im a very patriotic person and i love supporting Australians but it annoys me that the best Australians racers arnt in F1. Webber is a good driver but i know there are better ones in the V8 Supercars.

Yeah, i love supporting Australians aswell! There are at least 5 drivers in the current V8 supercars field that i believe could drive F1 and my number one candidate who nobody has mentioned yet would be Jason Bright. He has been a proven success in open wheel racing winning Formula ford and driving in the Indy car series briefly and a prelific performer in the Supercars series and has lead the championship on many occasions. I believe Jason is very much underated. Then there's of coarse Rick Kelly, Skaife, Lowndes and Tander who could also i believe could perform in F1.

But honestly who knows if any of them could match Webber

No, I dont make up stuff like you do. When I criticise alonso i give reasons, and i very often give alonso the credit he deserves as a driver

It was a good year and i hope you enjoy it.

And the rest of the world will just continue to assume that aussies cant drive ^_^

And what is the "problem" here ? And why leave F-1 ? Any arguements and facts ? Thanx.

Based on a Kimi fan here saying Kimi has other interested in life that he wants to follow instead of being committed to F1, he's attitude reflects that I feel so believe it.

Based on a Kimi fan here saying Kimi has other interested in life that he wants to follow instead of being committed to F1, he's attitude reflects that I feel so believe it.

Nice. We all have "other" interests in life. Can we judje by single opinion about Kimi saying good-bye\so-long to F1 after one WDC title ? I dunno and doubt.

Im not well informed on the American race car driver but i imagine its a simular problem as here in Australia. It is extremely expensive to go to Europe to pursue a career in F1 and most of the time the best drivers cant afford it so they get stuck in the national racing series instead of F1 where they should be. I know for a fact that several drivers in V8 Supercars could have made it into F1 if they had the money and its probably the same in America with some of your racing series like CART.

+1 Agreed. Same situation here in Russia. And that is why i wanna F-1 to reduse costs. And become again more Sport \ not bu$ine$$.