Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

2007 Season Predictions

Briatore talks out of his arse so I never care at all what he thinks. He sees difficulties for mclaren but doesnt actually say why, he just says they've always had fantastic drivers. If thats a criticism of alonso, then he really is a buffoon considering the heaps of praise that he's given alonso the last 5 years

Briatore said 3 years ago Renault will be on top and fighting for the championships in a year or 2. I, like you, did'nt believe him and thought he was talking out of his arse....

Guess who I believe now between Briatore and you????

McLaren had a good car, they just didn't dial it in. If they do in 07, they will be in with a shout.

Briatore said 3 years ago Renault will be on top and fighting for the championships in a year or 2. I, like you, did'nt believe him and thought he was talking out of his arse....

Guess who I believe now between Briatore and you????

u gotta admit he is a bit of a breast

Briatore predicts tough year for McLaren

By Michele Lostia Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 12:31 GMT

Renault team boss Flavio Briatore is predicting McLaren will endure a difficult season in 2007, despite having the services of two-time champion Fernando Alonso.

The Mercedes-powered team, who completed their first win-less season in a decade in 2006, are aiming to bounce back from a difficult year and fight for the titles this year.

McLaren will count on Alonso and GP2 champion Lewis Hamilton, who will partner the Spaniard, to return to winnings ways.

But Briatore, whose Renault team have won both titles in 2005 and 2006, reckons McLaren are set for more disappointment, despite having signed Alonso.

"It will be a tough year for McLaren," Briatore was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport. "I see them having difficulties.

"They've always had fantastic drivers like Raikkonen: they always announce them early to demonstrate they're changing, but this year the book of excuses has come to its last page."

The Italian also believes Ferrari, runners-up to Renault last season, will lose competitiveness following the exit of Michael Schumacher and technical director Ross Brawn.

"Ferrari without Schumacher and Brawn will be less competitive: that's normal when you lose people like those," he added.

www.autosport.com article

If you dare to read between the lines, the Italian is effectively saying Kimi is better than Alonso. Maybe he just knows how car reliant Alonso was, how the Renault suited him....

I see a Kimi compliment. I see a McLaren compliment for their choice in drivers. I see a team boss who is still Alonso's manager. I see they are still very much on good terms. I see someone scrapping the bottle of the barrel for dirt :naughty:

Its really funny to read alonso maniacs' responses. By the mention of their GOD in any of the threads they think we are attacking their religion. Pitty them. :P

McLaren have not had a WDC or WCC since 1999, and although wages may be part of it, i also feel that McLaren offers him a fresh challenge (similar to what schumi had when he joined ferrari), to bring a once great team back to the front again.

NO! It may not be just the money after all, you all know how insecure was Renault's position in F1. They did behave as if they may pull out after last season.

McLaren have not had a WDC or WCC since 1999, and although wages may be part of it, i also feel that McLaren offers him a fresh challenge (similar to what schumi had when he joined ferrari), to bring a once great team back to the front again.
NO! It may not be just the money after all, you all know how insecure was Renault's position in F1. They did behave as if they may pull out after last season.

I believe Fernando's choice to join McLaren was no doubt based on the reasons you both have stated, and no doubt there are more reasons that we will prob will never know about.

I believe Fernando's choice to join McLaren was no doubt based on the reasons you both have stated, and no doubt there are more reasons that we will prob will never know about.

I see Alonso is f1's highest earner, that should support my claims..... :naughty:

edit: that, icon.....

I see Alonso is f1's highest earner, they should support my claims.....

I'm sure the extra $$$$ would have been a BIG BIG factor yes!!! :lol:

i've forgotten which driver pointed it out, but a driver recently said (quite rightly) that people in the general public move employers throughout their career to get better salary, so why is it wrong for sportspeople to do the same?

i've forgotten which driver pointed it out, but a driver recently said (quite rightly) that people in the general public move employers throughout their career to get better salary, so why is it wrong for sportspeople to do the same?

Thanks for Alonso moving in top form with a car suited to his every move, to a team struggling with reliability that never gets it right in team management and championships and a team principal thats a control freak. RD has thrown his last dice at it, desperately seeking a solution, and not realising what he had (herewith an extract from Matt Bishop, editor in chief from F1racing, this quote ties in well with what Briatore said yesterday, "Last weekend, in Shanghai, a Mclaren engineer who has ask me not to reveal his name put it like this: "It's a mystery, but the explanation is as simple as it is unfathomable: Kimi is a genius. End of."" Do you know what the plan of RD really was, look at the underhand tactics he and Alonso adopted.....

.... the lure.....Money....and as we can see, money talked, and talked indeed...

personal opinion of course.... :D

Renault where treatening to leave F1, this was confirmed by Briatore as to whattriggered Alonso's willingness to move.

RD has said a comment to Alonso started the process of making the deal after Brazil 2005, something about Alonso commenting on how impressed he was McLaren so relentlessly developed their car's in 2005 and RD said "you can be a part of that if you like".

Two perfectly good moments which tipped Alonso to go after a McLaren drive. Money? well we all know McLaren throw money at top drivers and Briatore prefares to get them in young and pay them basic wages... history confirms this and has repeated itself so it's most likely just a coincidence.

Renault where treatening to leave F1, this was confirmed by Briatore as to whattriggered Alonso's willingness to move.

RD has said a comment to Alonso started the process of making the deal after Brazil 2005, something about Alonso commenting on how impressed he was McLaren so relentlessly developed their car's in 2005 and RD said "you can be a part of that if you like".

Two perfectly good moments which tipped Alonso to go after a McLaren drive. Money? well we all know McLaren throw money at top drivers and Briatore prefares to get them in young and pay them basic wages... history confirms this and has repeated itself so it's most likely just a coincidence.

It was already confirmed by that time that Renault was going to stay in F1.....

this makes me laught, the job Renault did in relentlessly developing THEIR cars to championship status........

EDIT: How's this for a challenge, helping Renault stay tops for a few more years...

anyway, all water under the bridge now...

i really dont want alonso or renault to succeed - would much rather Honda or williams!!

It would be typical if Williams start creating decent cars again as soon as Webber leaves the team.

i really dont want alonso or renault to succeed - would much rather Honda or williams!!

we've really been waiting a while for this, lets hope they compete this year!

It would be typical if Williams start creating decent cars again as soon as Webber leaves the team.

i'd love it. Williams doing well is good for the sport, cos williams doing badly creates the risk of williams being bought out, which no-one wants. Mind you even if williams do make a good car, their driver line-up is arguably no better than BMW's

It was already confirmed by that time that Renault was going to stay in F1.....

this makes me laught, the job Renault did in relentlessly developing THEIR cars to championship status........

EDIT: How's this for a challenge, helping Renault stay tops for a few more years...

anyway, all water under the bridge now...

No Renault didnt sign up to the new concorde agreement (couple of motnhs into the 2006 season) before Alonso signed for McLaren (before the season started), it was infact a few months after it was public knowledge Alonso signed for McLaren (he would have signed before then). Flavio has said they waited too long which is how they lost Alonso, possibly he would have stayed if they where more decisive about their future.

Only public factual appeal McLaren has for Alonso is their fast developement throughout a season like 2005 which Renault didnt show until 2006 when it was too late.

EDIT (not really): How's this for a challenge, staying at McLaren to go up against Alonso fairly instead of running off to the team with the fastest car of 2006...

EDIT (not really): How's this for a challenge, staying at McLaren to go up against Alonso fairly instead of running off to the team with the fastest car of 2006...

Or perhaps he was fedup of being let down by dreadful reliability, and then a 2006 car that wasnt up to the task? Seems a lot more likely to me

Or perhaps he was fedup of being let down by dreadful reliability, and then a 2006 car that wasnt up to the task? Seems a lot more likely to me

+1 Agreed

Guess he dosent have the luxery of proving himself against Alonso since he just wants to jump into the fastest car on the grid and win a WDC then most likely quit.

player, are you secretly Alonso in disguise because that is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. thats like saying Alonso switched to Merc because he was tired of wining the WDC. Every driver has a reason for switching team and nobody ever really knows why. We still dont know why MS switched to Ferrari, looking at the situation in 95 i don't see why he would have. Or why JV switched to Honda. Sure it may have been money but i don't see MS or JV(even though i find him a mediocre driver) or KR or FA joining a team only for Money, they are such racers that i think not wining kills them inside and no amount of money could change that.

Guess *he* dosent have the luxery of proving himself against Alonso since *he* just wants to jump into the fastest car on the grid and win a WDC then most likely quit.

Sorry. Whom are you talking about as *he* ? I just cannot guess. And why "most likely quit" ? I have no clue. Give just a bit of hint. Thanx.

We still dont know why MS switched to Ferrari, looking at the situation in 95 i don't see why he would have.

Why we still dunno ? "Money\money\money - must B funny - in Z richman$ world"

"And all Z thing$ i could do \ if i have a bit more money$ in thi$ cruel world" Aha\Aha

Guess he dosent have the luxery of proving himself against Alonso since he just wants to jump into the fastest car on the grid and win a WDC then most likely quit.

most likely quit? why do u make up such weird stuff from nowhere? And couldnt your comment about jumping into the fastest car also be applied to alonso? After 2005 he decided he'd have the luxury of moving to mclaren with the fastest car. And what on earth is wrong with a driver moving to a different team thinking that it will give him a better chance of winning a wdc?

The silly thing is, I dont like kimi or schumacher, never have done, and yet i constantly end up siding with their supporters cos the alonso fans just dont make sense and never make any real valid arguments!