Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

2007 Season Predictions

This is interesting, what flaws does he have???

its funny getting this attack from someone who goes WAY over the top in his praise for alonso and criticising of raikkonen

I like to think of myself as being totally honest in my comments. I said I think JB can challenge for a title if Honda can produce a better car, but that I dont have high hopes of this happening. Like with alonso and Kimi, I cant think of any major flaws that will let him down. Whats your problem with that?

Funny, you've been religiously defending Button you think everyone is automatically against him. If your goning to deal out caricature views of drivers you should accept Button's aswell. You called Alonso many things and I just ignored it because I know its not true, first time I said anything truely negative and blowen out of proportion in the same style about Button and you get your knickers in a twist...take a step back and see who is really is the fanatical fan and has the problem buddy.

This is interesting, what flaws does he have???
Don't worry its just anyone who isent Jenson Button is arrogant....actually now I think of it Button does come off like a twat most of the time just there for the money and lifestyle.

Want me to come over there and read it for you, maybe then I can hold your hand crossing the road and tie your shoe laces aswell. Not like you even had to use the search function, just follow the thread.

Funny, you've been religiously defending Button you think everyone is automatically against him. If your goning to deal out caricature views of drivers you should accept Button's aswell. You called Alonso many things and I just ignored it because I know its not true, first time I said anything truely negative and blowen out of proportion in the same style about Button and you get your knickers in a twist...take a step back and see who is really is the fanatical fan and has the problem buddy.

Want me to come over there and read it for you, maybe then I can hold your hand crossing the road and tie your shoe laces aswell. Not like you even had to use the search function, just follow the thread.

Stop being phoney you idiot! The driver you worship showed these exact "flaws" by leaving Renault and acting like a arrogant prick under pressure....

first time I said anything truely negative and blowen out of proportion in the same style about Button and you get your knickers in a twist...take a step back and see who is really is the fanatical fan and has the problem buddy.

what r u talking about, i dont recall you saying a negative comment about JB and me getting my knickers in a twist, unless you're referring to your comment about Button being in F1 for the lifestyle (i cant remember exactly what it was you said). I put shows how much you know cos from reading a lot of f1 and watching a lot of f1 I know how serious Jenson is about his career and how ridiculously hard he works at it.

You implied that I think all drivers except JB are arrogant - I'd love to know where you got that idea from, because I have never even hinted that I think that way.

Yes I do defend JB constantly but thats because I see so much unfair criticism, you know with the whole 'he should've won in 2004' or 'he only won his race due to luck' and so on. With Alonso, I've admitted on countless occasions that he's 1 of the best, if not the best, but I have criticised him for his fist-waving, and often giving the impression that he's not too bothered about his fans.

So i dont know why you've suddenly got on your high horse over nothing!

Stop being phoney you idiot! The driver you worship showed these exact "flaws" by leaving Renault and acting like a arrogant prick under pressure....

Arrogant! what the hell have you been smoking? Alonso acted very graciously under pressure, apart from the happenings at Monza where he was well within his rights to be peed off. His indiscretion at hungary was stupid, but it was a one off. He got punished for it and he didnt do it again. Alonso is not arrogant. And he left renault because he wanted a career change, drivers cannot be expected to stay in 1 place all the time.

And he left renault because he wanted a career change, drivers cannot be expected to stay in 1 place all the time.

You are correct. 90% of F1 drivers will go to the team which offers them more money and i think that is what Alonso has done. I could be wrong though but McLaren havent won a world championship in a long time so if Alonso believed McLaren would offer him a more competitive car in 2007 than Renault would then he is really taking a leep of faith.

McLaren have not had a WDC or WCC since 1999, and although wages may be part of it, i also feel that McLaren offers him a fresh challenge (similar to what schumi had when he joined ferrari), to bring a once great team back to the front again.

@ F 1 Pro\Gno\Sys 2007 @

MS 100+ pts in Top-3 max 0.

KR 100+ pts in Top-3 max 1.

FM 100+ pts in Top-3 max 2.

FA 75 pts in Top-6 max 3.

JB 70 pts in Top-6 max 3.

GF 65 pts in Top-6 max 4.

RB 40 pts in Top-8 max 6.

@ Made by Kup @ 2006-12-20 @

Based on 2006 + 2005 Driver`s Points.

what r u talking about, i dont recall you saying a negative comment about JB and me getting my knickers in a twist, unless you're referring to your comment about Button being in F1 for the lifestyle (i cant remember exactly what it was you said). I put shows how much you know cos from reading a lot of f1 and watching a lot of f1 I know how serious Jenson is about his career and how ridiculously hard he works at it.

You implied that I think all drivers except JB are arrogant - I'd love to know where you got that idea from, because I have never even hinted that I think that way.

Yes I do defend JB constantly but thats because I see so much unfair criticism, you know with the whole 'he should've won in 2004' or 'he only won his race due to luck' and so on. With Alonso, I've admitted on countless occasions that he's 1 of the best, if not the best, but I have criticised him for his fist-waving, and often giving the impression that he's not too bothered about his fans.

So i dont know why you've suddenly got on your high horse over nothing!

Go check your own posts. While your at it go check mine at the start of the calender year when everyone was saying such things about Button not being serious or working hard, you'll see me defending him with stats showing him doing more winter testing miles then any other driver.

You are correct. 90% of F1 drivers will go to the team which offers them more money and i think that is what Alonso has done. I could be wrong though but McLaren havent won a world championship in a long time so if Alonso believed McLaren would offer him a more competitive car in 2007 than Renault would then he is really taking a leep of faith.

They chase the money, that's true and i think any one of us would do the same, but i also think that most would take a cut and give their right testicle to sit in a championship winning car. I believe that Alonso has the depth of ability, as well as the prescence to lift Mclaren. Whereas before they may have muttered that they haven't had a talented enough or reliable enough pilot since Mika, they know that Alonso is now proven. If they fail with Alonso, the only excuses will be down to the car itself.

I don't think Alonso cares that much. He's in a win win situation. If he brings glory to the team he can claim it's his efforts. If they fail miserably he will still smell of roses.

McLaren have not had a WDC or WCC since 1999, and although wages may be part of it, i also feel that McLaren offers him a fresh challenge (similar to what schumi had when he joined ferrari), to bring a once great team back to the front again.

Absolutely.

what will the likes of ferrari, renault, honda, mclaren have the red bull wont in 07?,

Continuity. Money can't buy it.

Continuity. Money can't buy it.

None of those teams will have the same ammount of continuity (as far as staff goes) they had when winning a WDC though which is what will make 2007 so interesting for me.

Go check your own posts. While your at it go check mine at the start of the calender year when everyone was saying such things about Button not being serious or working hard, you'll see me defending him with stats showing him doing more winter testing miles then any other driver.

so why are u now going back on that then?

I think this Kimi shoe-in thing has to stop! (i) Massa is quick and well able to match Kimi, (ii) Hamilton has arrived and Alonso is going to have to go like crazy to keep him behind and a big (iii) BMW is in with a big shout.

I think this Kimi shoe-in thing has to stop! (i) Massa is quick and well able to match Kimi, (ii) Hamilton has arrived and Alonso is going to have to go like crazy to keep him behind and a big (iii) BMW is in with a big shout.

ur talkin crap massa can not hope to even keep sight of kimi neither can any1 elce he is the best driver in what most prbably b the best car by by alonso kiss tha WDC goodbye u aragant blameing every1 elce prickull all c that kimi is the best driver by far and with alonso at MM ull see wat a good job kimi was doin there then i dare say it will b FA with his " the team arnt there 4 me they only care about the WCC" even tho thay had som1 hu was for 1ce faster than u literally stop so u cud b second god wat a arragant d#ckhead

1: Learn to speak english properly

2: Don't sware every other sentance it makes you look like an idiot

If massa is able to keep Schumacher, one of the best drivers in the sport honest i am sure he will make raikkonen earn his points.

Shane i agree dark rider's post was almost unreadable but why do you need to be so agressive? you can have a much better effect on people if you just stay calm and talk to them not insult them.

:lol: who the heck are you, mother theresa? if people post crap they get crap in return.

Shane i agree dark rider's post was almost unreadable but why do you need to be so agressive? you can have a much better effect on people if you just stay calm and talk to them not insult them.

If a post is written in obvious 'leet speek or somesuch derivative, I won't bother to read it. It's the poster's choice if they want their opinions to be understandable or not......it's too bad because he might have had something interesting to say.................

I made a Pilot`s Ranking of last 50 GP. Rank made over Points base.

Note: newest GPs have more "weight" than oldest.

Alonso 141 \ Schu`M 116 \ Raikk 85 \ Massa 62 \ Fisico 57 \

Button 51 \ Montoya 44 \ Barri 42 \ Schu`R 32 \ Trulli 30 \

Heidf 29 \ Coult 27 \ Webber 23 \ Villen 18 \ Klien 18 \

Sato 16 \ Monteiro 16 \ Albers 15 \ Rosa 13 \ Liuzzi 12 \

I made a Pilot`s Ranking of last 50 GP. Rank made over Points base.

Note: newest GPs have more "weight" than oldest.

Alonso 141 \ Schu`M 116 \ Raikk 85 \ Massa 62 \ Fisico 57 \

Button 51 \ Montoya 44 \ Barri 42 \ Schu`R 32 \ Trulli 30 \

Heidf 29 \ Coult 27 \ Webber 23 \ Villen 18 \ Klien 18 \

Sato 16 \ Monteiro 16 \ Albers 15 \ Rosa 13 \ Liuzzi 12 \

Interesting ranking....I'd say the most interesting post that has come up this winter (Russ' Historical TF1 thread being a notable exception!). It makes me realize how well MS did even with Ferrari's horrible 2005 campaign. Also interesting is Fisico being behind both Kimi and Massa considering Fisico was in the Championship team 2 years running.

Of course this data is raw and doesn't take into consideration the many modifiers from each race, but nonetheless it tells a clear tale. :thbup:

Interesting ranking.... It makes me realize how well MS did even with Ferrari's horrible 2005 campaign. Also interesting is Fisico being behind both Kimi and Massa considering Fisico was in the Championship team 2 years running. Of course this data is raw and doesn't take into consideration the many modifiers from each race, but nonetheless it tells a clear tale. :thbup:

Yeah. Just it makes us realize how well MS did with Ferrari magic 2004 campaign also. Fisico was in top\team - just the team was concentrated on his team\mate. And Fisico never yet had best car. Also by this 50-GP = "almost 3 year rank" we can see most team\mates and prognose 2007 trends. Like: Raikk\Massa and etc.

Briatore predicts tough year for McLaren

By Michele Lostia Wednesday, January 3rd 2007, 12:31 GMT

Renault team boss Flavio Briatore is predicting McLaren will endure a difficult season in 2007, despite having the services of two-time champion Fernando Alonso.

The Mercedes-powered team, who completed their first win-less season in a decade in 2006, are aiming to bounce back from a difficult year and fight for the titles this year.

McLaren will count on Alonso and GP2 champion Lewis Hamilton, who will partner the Spaniard, to return to winnings ways.

But Briatore, whose Renault team have won both titles in 2005 and 2006, reckons McLaren are set for more disappointment, despite having signed Alonso.

"It will be a tough year for McLaren," Briatore was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport. "I see them having difficulties.

"They've always had fantastic drivers like Raikkonen: they always announce them early to demonstrate they're changing, but this year the book of excuses has come to its last page."

The Italian also believes Ferrari, runners-up to Renault last season, will lose competitiveness following the exit of Michael Schumacher and technical director Ross Brawn.

"Ferrari without Schumacher and Brawn will be less competitive: that's normal when you lose people like those," he added.

www.autosport.com article

If you dare to read between the lines, the Italian is effectively saying Kimi is better than Alonso. Maybe he just knows how car reliant Alonso was, how the Renault suited him....

Briatore talks out of his arse so I never care at all what he thinks. He sees difficulties for mclaren but doesnt actually say why, he just says they've always had fantastic drivers. If thats a criticism of alonso, then he really is a buffoon considering the heaps of praise that he's given alonso the last 5 years