Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Strange

Things Look Tough For Williams Says Webber

[quote name='abbas_gear' post='173085' date='Feb 14 2007, 02:26 AM']I just suggested that he should not judge Williams just like any normal bloke would suggest to a person who is pointing a finger at someone without even knowing about him. Here Mark is pointing a finger at the Williams, why doesnt Mark tell something about Redbull?[/quote]
i expect he would if he was asked.

i expect he was asked about williams by a journalist, and, being Webber, he gave an interesting response!!

Webber is SO overrated!

I'll never understand why Red Bull replaced Klien with him...but who cares, in 2008 CK will probably be driving for Honda while Webber will be again fighting for average results with a Red Bull car...

Webber is SO overrated!

I'll never understand why Red Bull replaced Klien with him...but who cares, in 2008 CK will probably be driving for Honda while Webber will be again fighting for average results with a Red Bull car...

dont forget that in 2004 Webber and Klien were team-mates at Jaguar, and Webber was by far the dominant driver

i do agree that he is a bit over-rated by some, considering his lack of many 'stand-out' performances

Why? It's a dupe. thread started over 2 hours later,If I had to message every time I was going to do something nothing would get done, I can't be here 24/7. Closing a dupe thread is not personal, sheeesh!

am neither complaining nor taking anything as personal, I just told my opinion! Phiew!

Why do you then point the finger at Mark and call him a complete idiot?

Surely you are not above the idea that you should not judge what you do not know?

Ask Mark the Idiot to shut up, Il shut up too! :P

Ask Mark the Idiot to shut up, Il shut up too! :P

I'm not asking you to shut up, I'm asking you why the double standards?

dont forget that in 2004 Webber and Klien were team-mates at Jaguar, and Webber was by far the dominant driver

You are very right, I did the stats somewhere of how many times Klien had been even close to Webber when they both finished, I remember struggling to find just one instance.

I'm not asking you to shut up, I'm asking you why the double standards?

:blink:

I don't care what you call it, double standards or what ever crap. Honestly I like team Williams, and they are a team who have won world championships in the past, so Webber is not right to write them off. I am defending Williams here, I would have told any driver to shut up if they made this same comment. Anyways things seem to be going fine for Redbull at this moment.

What a well researched post!! If my memory serves me correctly, Webber was beaten only once (if that) in a race that he actually was able to finish by Rosberg who he consistantly out-qualified. As for Heinfeld, yes Heinfeld got 2nd at Monaco where Mark got 3rd but this was due to a pitstop that even Mark's own pitcrew admitted disadvantaged him and lost him his 2nd position. I have no problems with people having an opinion but please back it up with facts rather then just verbal Sh#te. I have never said that Mark is the best driver out there but given a decent car, he would show himself to be more than capable. Also, on the "team bashing" front, I think 2 years of constant DNF's due to on the most part mechanical failure, would leave a person striving to be the best he can, would leave you a bit frustrated - something that any F1 driver out there would have no problem voicing their opinion on. Have a look at Juan Pablo who still keeps junking F1 from his "turn left" current drive. Drivers (like all us armchair critics) are entitled to their opinions and will continue to voice them. That's sport - that's human nature. You are entitled to your opinion as well but a few facts thown in would make it a more interesting read. Speaking of "just ordinary" ... <_<

Some good points. I would add that for some reason people think he isn't entitled to speak out just because his 'on paper' results have not been brilliant to date. Do you Webber haters seriously think that you know something about Mark's ability that Williams, Flavio and Horner don't? Get real. As already stated, Mark aint the best but he's one of the better pedallers and all the better for having a voice.

Webber has lost his mind... may be next year he will race in NASCAR just like JPM

I dont know why people keep saying that as Webber is AUSTRALIAN and that means we have our own racing car series which is very successful. At the end of Webber's F1 career he will either stop racing all together or he will race in Australia.

I dont know why people keep saying that as Webber is AUSTRALIAN and that means we have our own racing car series which is very successful. At the end of Webber's F1 career he will either stop racing all together or he will race in Australia.

I guess after this season we will see many careers ending or people switching to another racing format

:blink:

I don't care what you call it, double standards or what ever crap. Honestly I like team Williams, and they are a team who have won world championships in the past, so Webber is not right to write them off. I am defending Williams here, I would have told any driver to shut up if they made this same comment. Anyways things seem to be going fine for Redbull at this moment.

Hyprocrisy at its best.