Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SuperKimi

Lmp Rule Changes?

The club de l' ouest, managers or the 24 hours of Le mans has been trying to get a new set of rules ortherised that could radically change the face of LMP cars as early as 2009. The managers feel that they would attract more car companies if the cars changed and looked more like cars those companies made, so that they could be recongised easily. This comes on the back of people, apart from keen eyed enthusiasts, not being able to spot diffrances between the leading cars in this years le mans race. Open topped cars will be banned in 2010, making all cars going closed top, but this has made some people bash the new rules, as Henri Pescarolo said

"Le mans must be about dream cars. People don't want to drive down from Paris and see cars that look like similar ones they have passed on the motorway"

The new cars are called LMP evoloution cars. Companies such as Audi, Peugeot, Lola, ORECA, aston martin and chevrolet, all showing intrest to build evo cars soon. Rumors went as far as saying the evo car prototype shown in the presentation was actully from chevrolet, but general motors refused to admit this.

The ACO insists that these evo cars will not look like ugly grand-am cars that race in america.

This rules will be in place by either next year or 2009 at the earliest, with as i said, open LMP cars beeing banned by 2010.

So do you like this idea, or would you like open topped cars to stay for LMP classes? The prototpe picture defiently looks very intresting, but i think i'd miss the open topped cars, because there has been many a sucsessful and good looking open topped car that was won le mans, like th audi R8 and R10.

I'm neutral on this until i see some teams evo cars, then i'll make my decision.

The ACO insists that these evo cars will not look like ugly grand-am cars that race in america.

:clap3:

As for the rest of it; I'm inclined to be opposed. Do you have a link to any articles?

It was in the most recent autosport, so i don't have any links, i've checked endurance info, and le mans series, but no news. No news on the official le mans website either.

I could scan the article in for you if you want, it has a bit more information that i shared, but i posted the most intresting and important points.

Why not make the Le Mans cars from today & before road cars! I'd love to see a 787B outperform a Carrera GT in a noise battle! (I'm only saying this from my experience in Gran Turismo 3 as

Bah. I like the way those cars look, and race.

GrandAm cars are fugly.

Peugeot 907 is sexy.

GrandAm racing is fun.

24 Hours of Le Mans, I never watched.

Sports cars...I have trouble watching because I watch so much racing. And then when the NFL season starts, forget about it. Especially because my team is going to win the Super Bowl.

Uhh, back on topic. I like the old school sports cars the best, 70s-ish I think. Sexy.

So is Russ.

Wha'?

Yes, i actully like the look of the open topped cars, i don't actully think they look ugly at all, and if people can't tell the diffrance betweem cars, they need to look more closely.