Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Null

Facebook

Recommended Posts

Well.... if you have a PC at home, you could leave it running - set up an account (for free) at www.logmein.com and download the logmein free software omto it. Then whilst at work go onto the logmein.com website and log-on - you can then remotely access your PC and browse anything. The only traffic your work sees is going to and from logmein.com (unless they have that blocked too :( )

Interesting, didn't know of a website to remote acess your PC, thanks Meanioni...

You could try www.pimpmyip.com for some stuff

and if you want to visit a particular webpage, you can type that webpage in google and click on cached pages...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.... if you have a PC at home, you could leave it running - set up an account (for free) at www.logmein.com and download the logmein free software omto it. Then whilst at work go onto the logmein.com website and log-on - you can then remotely access your PC and browse anything. The only traffic your work sees is going to and from logmein.com (unless they have that blocked too :( )

Brilliant idea mate, but unfortunately that and all the other mentioned ones are being blocked as "Proxies & Translators"... DAMN! <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried searching for proxy IP addresses? You just get the IP address and tell your browser to connect via that computer (assuming they haven't prevented this too). There's no website that you need to load up, which might make it easier for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't know about where you come from, but if I was you, I'd get rid of my Facebook, depending on my job. In the USA, your boss finds your Facebook, you're done. Even if you don't use it from work. Also, if you try to get a job and they find one in a background check, they won't hire you. For whatever reason, it isn't very professional. But I don't know how it works in other countries. I just know I only signed up when I became self-employed.

I don't think there is any need to get rid; just get wise. Change your privacy settings to some of the more strict ones and then log off and try to search for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Er.... OK - buy an iPhone and use that to get Facebook?? :)

Ahh yes, now we talking!!!

Cheers for now, see all you guys in England... I arrive this Monday on a business trip ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahh yes, now we talking!!!

Cheers for now, see all you guys in England... I arrive this Monday on a business trip ;)

Hope you have a good time - whilst you are here ensure if you go into a posh restaurant to ask for some pork scratchings, they are somewhat of a delicacy in the UK...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hope you have a good time - whilst you are here ensure if you go into a posh restaurant to ask for some pork scratchings, they are somewhat of a delicacy in the UK...

:lol: Ignore him Wez, he's teasing you. Ask for a spam fritter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My English teacher recommended to ask for a chip butty,fine cuisine! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How the hell did UK survive through the ages with such food?

Let me explain it to you.You know there's a time when mommies and daddies cuddle up and then [unintelligible phrase].And that's how they survived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:lol: It's a good question. I wind my parents up by telling them that, because they were born under strict food rationing after WWII, their taste buds never developed properly... Naturally this means that they should buy whatever food I tell them tastes good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:lol: It's a good question. I wind my parents up by telling them that, because they were born under strict food rationing after WWII, their taste buds never developed properly... Naturally this means that they should buy whatever food I tell them tastes good.

@elgo: :lol:

@Muzza: :lol: I know how you won WWII. You went over to Hitler and said "Either eat some jellied eels or kill yourself!". He didn't give it a second thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:lol: Very good! And what's worse is that you actually get used to the jellied eels and spam fritters... Most of my elderly relatives would never try pasta, let alone stir fried food or curry. Bless them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@elgo: :lol:

@Muzza: :lol: I know how you won WWII. You went over to Hitler and said "Either eat some jellied eels or kill yourself!". He didn't give it a second thought.

If you're horrified at those things, you should hear about dripping butties and connie-onnie tea :whistling:

:lol: Very good! And what's worse is that you actually get used to the jellied eels and spam fritters... Most of my elderly relatives would never try pasta, let alone stir fried food or curry. Bless them!

Yep, I had elderly relatives like that too :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jellied eels? That is possibly the slimiest thing on earth. What could be worse? Mucus-ed Leeches?

Hush! Don't give them any ideas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jellied eels? That is possibly the slimiest thing on earth. What could be worse? Mucus-ed Leeches?

I knew a bloke once called Marcus Edward Leeches. Is that the same? He was slimey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...