Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Cav Would Love This...

now where's the ferret when you need him??? :lol:

In someone's trousers?

I must say, I am inordinately proud of the fact that despite my vast, unequalled intelligence, I have a small ego. Greatness with humbleness and modesty, I am pretty much perfect.

Now you know what happens when you stroke an ego, it only gets bigger and then makes a mess.... :D

Looking at Cav's post above, indeed, what a mess it is.... :lol:

I must say, I am inordinately proud of the fact that despite my vast, unequalled intelligence, I have a small ego. Greatness with humbleness and modesty, I am pretty much perfect.

I think the phrase you are looking for is 'it's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am' :lol:

However, I do agree with you, there are just 2 kinds of people in this life, the intelligent ones or the beautiful ones :whistling:

I think the phrase you are looking for is 'it's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am' :lol:

Oh no (*magnanimous, dismissive gesture*), it's not hard at all. B)

No actually I'm the best....!

Er maybe I got the right thread this time :D

Right thread. Wrong answer.

ok Cav, it seems your very right, and I'm very wrong.. :D

from ted Kravitz....

In Hamilton's defence, Ferrari were a bit naughty releasing Kimi into the path of Kubica and then overtaking the BMW in the pit lane (which you're not allowed to do) and while under the safety car (which also means no overtaking).

OK, didn't you just post a statement to the effect that there is no rule about overtaking on the pit lane? :huh:

Actually, "overtaking in the pit lane" means gaing position due to strategic timing of the pit stop. as I stated elswhere, there is no specific rule about overtaking while driving along the pit lane or even drag racing (Alonso vs. Kubica at Monza, 2006), but if stewards decide that it was unsafe, it's the drive through for you!

I believe I saw a quote from Domenicali calling on FIA to specify their position on racing while driving in the lane. This may suggest that this whole discussion is pointless, because people making $$$ millions while racing in F1 don't know the answer to that one. Having said that, I think Kimi and Hami should get an honorary 102 for beoing theoretically faster than Kubica, who, therefore, does not deserve to win.

Now, if SOMEbody thinks I'm missing SOMEbody's point, the above paragraph is an example of so-called sarcasm with an ironic twist at the end. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Piotr' post='256071' date='Jun 13 2008, 03:43 AM']OK, didn't you just post a statement to the effect that there is no rule about overtaking on the pit lane? :huh:

Actually, "overtaking in the pit lane" means gaing position due to strategic timing of the pit stop. as I stated elswhere, there is no specific rule about overtaking while driving along the pit lane or even drag racing (Alonso vs. Kubica at Monza, 2006), but if stewards decide that it was unsafe, it's the drive through for you!

I believe I saw a quote from Domenicali calling on FIA to specify their position on racing while driving in the lane. [b]This may suggest that this whole discussion is pointless[/b], because people making $$$ millions while racing in F1 don't know the answer to that one. Having said that, I think Kimi and Hami should get an honorary 102 for beoing theoretically faster than Kubica, who, therefore, does not deserve to win.
Now, if SOMEbody thinks I'm missing SOMEbody's point, the above paragraph is an example of so-called sarcasm with an ironic twist at the end. :rolleyes: [/quote]
yeah well Cav could'nt post me [b]the rule[/b].... sort of a grey area in the rulebook

lovely post :clap3:

OK, didn't you just post a statement to the effect that there is no rule about overtaking on the pit lane? :huh:

I believe I saw a quote from Domenicali calling on FIA to specify their position on racing while driving in the lane. This may suggest that this whole discussion is pointless, because people making $$$ millions while racing in F1 don't know the answer to that one. Having said that, I think Kimi and Hami should get an honorary 102 for beoing theoretically faster than Kubica, who, therefore, does not deserve to win.

Now, if SOMEbody thinks I'm missing SOMEbody's point, the above paragraph is an example of so-called sarcasm with an ironic twist at the end. :rolleyes:

yeah well Cav could'nt post me the rule.... sort of a grey area in the rulebook

lovely post :clap3:

Well, it is a bit greyish, but unless there is a fault with the pit lane speed limiter on a car, how could you overtake somebody? That's not taking into account that in most of the pit lanes you wouldn't have room to do so.

The only rule I can see applying is the 'releasing when it is safe to do so' rule. What we didn't get a chance to see was the 'must leave pit lane in the order they arrive at the end of the pit lane' tule - that one would have been fun :lol:

Well, it is a bit greyish, but unless there is a fault with the pit lane speed limiter on a car, how could you overtake somebody? That's not taking into account that in most of the pit lanes you wouldn't have room to do so.

The only rule I can see applying is the 'releasing when it is safe to do so' rule. What we didn't get a chance to see was the 'must leave pit lane in the order they arrive at the end of the pit lane' tule - that one would have been fun :lol:

That was exactly my point. Also, actually, I am beginning to wonder about Lewis and the crash. I watched that vid 10-15 times, and it begins to look really strange. But then, you have Rosberg, and I have no clue how to interpret that one.

That was exactly my point. Also, actually, I am beginning to wonder about Lewis and the crash. I watched that vid 10-15 times, and it begins to look really strange. But then, you have Rosberg, and I have no clue how to interpret that one.

The thing is, 'safe to do so' is a tad ambiguous, really. The fact that Kimi & RB didn't crash might be deemed as it was 'safe to do so', it's hard to say.

I think Lewis just completely forgot that the light could be on red and looked at it when it was too late and also the warning from his team came when it was too late, however, it is Lewis' responsibility as he is driving.

The thing is, if one look at the worm's eye view of the camera within the c#ckpit of Hamilton's Mclaren as he leave his garage...it looks like he's looking straight ahead....it's weird that he could'nt SEE

The thing is, if one look at the worm's eye view of the camera within the c#ckpit of Hamilton's Mclaren as he leave his garage...it looks like he's looking straight ahead....it's weird that he could'nt SEE

:eusa_think:

Yes, but hey he is Lewis Hamilton. :)

Although I am a Hamilton fan, I fail to see how he didn't see the two cars ahead of him weren't moving.

The Rosberg penalty is rather harsh in that the only race he messed up was his own. Hamilton was already out.

The Rosberg penalty is rather harsh in that the only race he messed up was his own. Hamilton was already out.

See what you mean, but aren't they just trying to be consistent in implying that he also disobeyed the red light? Regardeless of whether anyone else was involved in the incident, it's this that the penalty refers to.

Hamilton isn't being penalised for hitting Raikkonen, he's being penalised for disobeying the red light.