Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

A Completely Hypothetical Scenario

You're still green for the forum :P

Anyway, my (probably not very well made) point was that someone is having a huge amount of fun at everyone's expense here and dragging down forum quality, without the slightest interest in having a legitimate discussion. (Look up trolling, and then look at you know who's posts in the thread he started in the f1 forum for further explanation if you need it).

There is a common internet saying: don't feed the troll, I wanted to see if anyone was willing to give that approach a go, if it could result in a change in posting style.

I guess not, all power to you then, that's all I have to say on this. Have a good day (yes even mr. you know who :) ).

It has nothing to do with free speech or playground bullying :S I still don't get the analogy.

I smell the sweet scent of an unrequired opinion from me. Ok, I will grant your wish:

- You are right, this has nothing to do with freedom of speech. We agree on this.

Each forum has their own purpose/behavior/equilibrium. Trolls tend to go against those. Forums have the right to defend themselves. Freedom of speech is maintained for those people can go anywhere else to keep doing their troll thing. If I make a party at my house, and some guy starts yelling at the other guests, I have every right to kick the guy out of my party. This is not an attack against freedom of speech, is just a matter of "behave, or go away".

- No worries about "who decides? what if we abuse the banning?" because that's what mods are for, and that's why the other forum members are. Cav asked in the open whether measures should be taken. That's the right thing to do. I am with Cav on this, too. Maure has the right to wind people up, Cav has the right to complaint (even if it is in a very "Cav-like" way) :P

Of course, posting just to say "I agree with Cav" would be such a waste! So here are the things I don't agree with:

- I don't think Maure is just a troll. In all honesty, the guy never tried to wind me up so I guess I am being unfair here (my patience hasn't been tested). But I think that when he is not doing the troll thing his post can be at least thought provoking. He only utters some flame bait against the "Lewisterics" and everybody goes for it. But it isn't too disruptive, I think. He hasn't been sexist, or racist or anything like that so far. In short, he has been a lot like you have been in the past, Cav :P

In short, I agree with Cav asking for measures against Maure. And I vote against taking any.

Interesting thread. Someone said use the ignore button. Why? Ignoring something doesn't make it go away. Does anyone remember Jay? He had the right attitude. Maure may post complete and utter bollocks 95% of the time, and I disagree with him 99% of the time, but he has every right to continue posting just as Cav has every right to start this thread. Remember Ulrik? He got away with a lot worse for a very long time. I agree with Andres.

I was one of the first people to argue with maure, but I think he makes rather good posts on many a subject, hey, don't attack me for saying it.

Other than that, yeah, he can be provocative with people, unsurprisingly it's usually after people have been like that with him (e.g. this thread). My opinion of course, good old free speech.

That made me smile, Oh Quite One.

It is no secret that I mess with lewisterics (and cavallino). Their heroworshipper view of F1 makes them easy targets. It also is no secret that they flip out at everything and violently go for it mob-like (see their insults above and elsewhere, some don't even bother to post anything else). Their whine comes from their inability to hold on to their "arguments" and, of course, that I can't be bullied. It's downright impossible to push me around because I couldn't take any of this seriously even if I want it to. It's just a relaxing distraction while I work.

Naturally, Girl Racer, go it right. A thread from this crowd (half a dozen at best out of the 20 or so regular around here nowadays) whose only objective is to insult and lynch while "claiming" to want the opposite is of a great amusement (to me).

I counterpropose that we give Cavallino a group hug for this marvellously contradictory thread. His best so far.

What a relief! I think you were talking about Kathy and her "sympathy" for cute and blonde babyface german drivers...

:lol: Yeah, that is weird.

I agree with Andres.

Yeah? Well, I agree with Russ. So there.

That made me smile, Oh Quite One.

:rolleyes:

- No worries about "who decides? what if we abuse the banning?" because that's what mods are for, and that's why the other forum members are. Cav asked in the open whether measures should be taken.

I didn't ask for 'measures', I didn't ask for the mods to come in or anything :S Was is really that incomprehensible? All I said was 'won't it be funny if we all ignored him'?

What did I do to provoke all this "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to death your right to say it stuff'?

He posts to extract a response, and he gets it. If you ignore the crap, don't respond, the crap will stop.

Maure you're personal attacks are funny, because they are always way off, never hitting a nerve. Questioning my credentials, and that I have a hero worshipper's view'??? What on earth is that?

All I said was 'won't it be funny if we all ignored him'?

Some of us already do (most of the time). And I have no problem with that. Or your proposal.

:eusa_think: Maybe I should have read your opening gambit before posting........ :dam:

I didn't ask for 'measures', I didn't ask for the mods to come in or anything :S Was is really that incomprehensible? All I said was 'won't it be funny if we all ignored him'?

What did I do to provoke all this "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to death your right to say it stuff'?

He posts to extract a response, and he gets it. If you ignore the crap, don't respond, the crap will stop.

Maure you're personal attacks are funny, because they are always way off, never hitting a nerve. Questioning my credentials, and that I have a hero worshipper's view'??? What on earth is that?

Sorry. I re read your original post and indeed you never asked for any measures. My bad :( . It's just that at some point everybody started talking about banning and I got lost. Of course, you can ignore everything he says.

So I guess I agree with everything you say. I feel dirty. My only consolation comes from the thought that me agreeing with you might make you feel even dirtier than I do :P

You are trying to prove he doesn't bother you by starting a thread? I doubt he does bother you, I don't see how he could, but you're certainly not helping your case.

Bah, that's nothing, Andres. I agreed with you! And then it went from bad to worse and Graham agreed with me. Cav is spreading peace and harmony by stealth.

EDIT: invalid interruption by the wet one.

Bah, that's nothing, Andres. I agreed with you! And then it went from bad to worse and Graham agreed with me. Cav is spreading peace and harmony by stealth.

EDIT: invalid interruption by the wet one.

:lol:

Oh yeah? Then I disagree with both you and Graham! So there! :eusa_think:

Personally can't see the point in this stupid thread: "I get irritated by someone, ooh let's all ignore him, wouldn't that be fun?" Not even having the guts to name the person...

Pointless, childish bollocks. Cav, you've obviously got way too much spare time....

Er, now hang on a minute.... that's a post too far :D

Shut up and spread it.

No! Not THAT! My eyes! My eyes!

Bring on the insults now.

OK! You asked for it.

You smell _really_ bad. I just wanted to let you know!

Your mama is so fat, I had to roll her in flour to find the wet spot.

Your mama is so dumb, I told her christmas is around the corner and she went lookin'.

Your mama is so dumb, when she went to the football game she thought a quarter back was a refund.

Your mama is so poor, she can't afford to pay attention.

Your mama is so fat, she puts her lipstick on with a paint roller.

Your mama is so short, she does backflips under the bed.

If you don't want to give people a bad name, have your children illegitimately.

Your mama is so fat, I burned my arse on the light bulb when I f*cked her.

Personally can't see the point in this stupid thread: "I get irritated by someone, ooh let's all ignore him, wouldn't that be fun?"

Having a discussion with Maure is like banging your head against a brick wall, finally making some headway and dislodging a brick at the cost of a lot of blood, only to see Maure standing a few feet against another brick wall saying 'haha you got the wrong brick wall, you still haven't got through this one'.

Not even having the guts to name the person...

Oh bugger off. 'sif that's a big secret, I just thought that might keep the mods off our backs for a bit longer than if I called the thread 'hey let's all ignore maure, yes or no', at least we got some discussion in, despite you jumping in and making irrelevant analogies.

Pointless, childish bollocks. Cav, you've obviously got way too much spare time....

That is the funniest thing you hear on forums. The breathtaking irony always makes me laugh, and you hear it a few times. You actually had to wade in, defend maure, bring up free speech and playgrounds and I am the one with free time?

PS: Maure: That's how you do it. By accusing me of being a coward, the old meany guy hit a nerve, and I think my heartbeat went up by about a quarter bpm. Calling me a hero worshipper is just funny :D

Having a discussion with Maure is like banging your head against a brick wall, finally making some headway and dislodging a brick at the cost of a lot of blood, only to see Maure standing a few feet against another brick wall saying 'haha you got the wrong brick wall, you still haven't got through this one'.

Oh F*** off. 'sif that's a big secret, I just thought that might keep the mods off our backs for a bit longer than if I called the thread 'hey let's all ignore maure, yes or no', at least we got some discussion in, despite you jumping in and making irrelevant analogies.

That is the funniest thing you hear on forums. The breathtaking irony always makes me laugh, and you hear it a few times. You actually had to wade in, defend maure, bring up free speech and playgrounds and I am the one with free time?

PS: Maure: That's how you do it. By accusing me of being a coward, the old meany guy hit a nerve, and I think my heartbeat went up by about a quarter bpm. Calling me a hero worshipper is just funny :D

A warning cav, you know better