Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Although not a series I would watch necessarily (well can't as its on crappy Eurosport), it was interesting to see the launch of the new F2 car, which, devoid of all the aero gubbins is actually quite a nice looking car. I believe Williams designed it.

http://www.formulatwo.com/news/williams-jph1.aspx

Although I did notice is seems to take advantage of ground effect - not quiet skirts on the side but certainly low to the track.

And is the nose inspired on Kubica? :P

(Sorry for not having an intelligent opinion, that's to be expected from me...)

I'm very interested in this series. Hopefully, without the teams, it will be much fairer than GP2. It's a shame the car isn't as good, and that does beg the question whether it will be possible to jump straight from F2 to F1, even if the car is supposed to have similar characteristics. The series is unbelievably cheap - something like

I'm very interested in this series. Hopefully, without the teams, it will be much fairer than GP2. It's a shame the car isn't as good, and that does beg the question whether it will be possible to jump straight from F2 to F1, even if the car is supposed to have similar characteristics. The series is unbelievably cheap - something like

:lol:

You guys will sponsor me, right?

F2 won't push more drivers into F1. The old days won't return due to supply and demand.

What I mean is this.

In 1968 Formula 1 lost four notable drivers. Jim Clark perished in a Formula 2 race at Hockenheim. Mike Spence was killed in a Lotus at Indianapolis. Jo Schlesser burned to death in his Honda Formula 1 car at Rouen, and Ludovico Scarfiotti was killed at a hillclimb in Germany.

This wasn't so much the exception to the rule as much as this was the rule. Let 1 to 4 driver be killed per season almost ever season and there will be open slots for F1.

Till then, the ladder system series will take drivers with money/sponsors and/or visibility (by name, by manufacturer support) and F2 will become just GP2 and F1 and every other series out there.

Remember this, most people don't want the best driver to win, that's just a popular myth, they want the most popular driver to win, and spec series have ways to insure that the popular drivers get a good position and thus keep the spectators/attention.

I repeat, F2 will become just like GP2 and F1.

There's only a handful of guys in F2 this year that i think are worth watching. Most of them will dissapear into nothingness or turn into Giorgio Pantano, which, effectively, is the same thing.